Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 08:53 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,285,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Not odd at all. Drug dealing is a lucrative profession in the hood and single
men, no matter how “poor”, aren’t really the welfare states main target for freebies.
It is odd to see such luxury cars rolling around in impoverished neighborhoods. Some people can't even put food on the table and yet you see guys rolling around in that same neighborhood in a $100,000+ car. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2023, 08:57 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
I made an assumption based on confirmed information and, unlike you, I'm not acting as if I know for a fact. I drew my conclusion from the fact that Santos is a known homosexual who was married to a woman that not many people seem to know a lot about. His life is well-researched by multiple, credible sources, unlike the EBT guy who you are making assumptions about.
I work with a gay guy who has 4 kids. I’m not sure in between which kid he figured he was gay but gay dudes marrying/ having relations with women isn’t out of the ordinary.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but where’s your “confined information “ that the dude married a woman due to green card fraud? It happens but it’s become increasingly rare as over the past few decades the Feds have really cracked down on this practice.

Old 01-11-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It is odd to see such luxury cars rolling around in impoverished neighborhoods. Some people can't even put food on the table and yet you see guys rolling around in that same neighborhood in a $100,000+ car. lol
Not everyone in impoverished neighborhoods is poor. There are 6 figure households (official and more unofficial) in NYCHA paying $1K for 3 bedroom apartments. Plenty of disposable income. There’s also welfare fraud and drug dealing. In reality, one would expect to see plenty of nice cars around NYCHAs and that’s exactly what one sees.

Old 01-11-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
He seems overly obsessed with welfare regardless of race or ethnicity.

We all care about our tax dollars but the reality is they will always be squandered one way or another no matter who is in power .

I don’t waste time harping on the things I can’t control … I rather spend my time learning to play the cards I am dealt rather then keep complaining about the dealer or others
I get it. If mathjak isn’t interested in a topic, we should all refrain from discussing it.

The notion that tax dollars will always be squandered is an empty statement. Yes, we’ll never reach 100% efficiency but there’s also the other side of the pendulum.

Not every criminal gets caught. Are you in favor or scrapping the criminal justice system?

Old 01-11-2023, 11:16 AM

106,621 posts, read 108,757,383 times
I can complain about the criminal justice system until the cows come home and it would do me no good .

But I can spend my time improving my own personal protection plan …

Old 01-11-2023, 11:45 AM

6,682 posts, read 6,026,463 times
Quote:
Except for the fact that I already mentioned in this thread that it wasn’t an individual of Jewish, Black, or Hispanic background.

I specifically didn’t mention their background because it is irrelevant as virtually all the ethnicities commit welfare fraud in NYC. I grew up and have been in this city for the better part of 35 years. I know better than to claim welfare fraud is endemic to one group or another in NYC.

What does the Israel/Palestinian situation have to do with this? Total clown. Tell us more about how you’re a “big fan” of Ron Paul while indulging in government welfare programs. The man’s main aim was opposed to big government. Or are you only a fan of his isolationist foreign policy?
Indulging in welfare programs?? You must be kidding me. I'm a single woman who makes six figures and who doesn't have children nor do I care to have a husband. That means that unlike you, I pay thousands in taxes (hardly ever get a refund) and that unlike you, I don't get to write off my twelve kids and indulge in *that* refund welfare program. And you absolutely DO talk about backgrounds - search your own posts.

Old 01-11-2023, 01:16 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Not everyone in impoverished neighborhoods is poor. There are 6 figure households (official and more unofficial) in NYCHA paying $1K for 3 bedroom apartments. Plenty of disposable income. There’s also welfare fraud and drug dealing. In reality, one would expect to see plenty of nice cars around NYCHAs and that’s exactly what one sees.
No one making six figures should be living in NYCHA though. Housing projects are supposed to be for poor people.

Old 01-12-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Indulging in welfare programs?? You must be kidding me. I'm a single woman who makes six figures and who doesn't have children nor do I care to have a husband. That means that unlike you, I pay thousands in taxes (hardly ever get a refund) and that unlike you, I don't get to write off my twelve kids and indulge in *that* refund welfare program. And you absolutely DO talk about backgrounds - search your own posts.
Firstly, my wife and I definitely pay more taxes than you. We only had our first child this past year and we've been in the 6.85% NY state tax bracket for nearly a decade now (we've been pretty much in the middle of that bracket for about 5 years now).

Secondly, bragging about making six figures in NYC in 2023 is akin to bragging about driving a BMW in 2023. It's the most average of achievements.

Thirdly, if you're single and making six figures (which you believe is worthy of a brag), why are you indulging in government subsidy programs while simultaneously being a "big fan" of Ron Paul (one of most vocal anti big government politicians in recent memory). How are we to process this hypocritical dichotomy?

Old 01-12-2023, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
No one making six figures should be living in NYCHA though. Housing projects are supposed to be for poor people.
Agreed but when was the last time NYC audited NYCHA tenants? It's just become a way to buy/secure votes for NYC's politicians.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:40 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,028,603 times
Quote:
Agreed but when was the last time NYC audited NYCHA tenants? It's just become a way to buy/secure votes for NYC's politicians.
Agreed. I grew up in NYCHA. I left at age 22 and never looked back. But I know people who still live there for the cheap rent. They are middle class income but got sucked into the drama of ghetto living. Multiple kids with different women, 1/3 pay check goes to child support, endless drama, persistent criminal environment, loud neighbors, roach/rat infestation, and polluted air quality. These people by the way are not even black, white or Hispanic but instead are West Indian Guyanese/Trinidadians who look very Indian but are culturally ghettoized into thinking they are black/Dominican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City