Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2023, 08:05 AM

980 posts, read 678,978 times

Advertisements

What about masks at “half mast”? Covering mouth but not nose lmao

Old 01-30-2023, 08:54 AM

3,532 posts, read 5,721,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
What about masks at “half mast”? Covering mouth but not nose lmao
Thats just stupidity at its finest.... Either up or down... Pick one.

Old 02-02-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
If you haven’t caught Covid and that’s why you’re not taking this seriously, consider yourself lucky. It’s a terrible experience! I went through it firsthand last month. This is not a virus you want to catch.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...5eced4f216111d

Old 02-02-2023, 01:48 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,425,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
I don’t care what anti-mask article you post. My parents haven’t caught a single virus since 2020; not even sore throat or a slight sniffle. That’s the LONGEST they’ve ever gone without getting sick. And that’s because they religiously wore masks for over three years. In fact, my parents said they probably will continue to wear masks even after the pandemic ends because to them, it feels real nice to never get sick.

With me, I get sick because I cheat and don’t wear masks sometimes. Who is the one laughing? My parents because I’m the one that’s sick in bed occasionally while they don’t get sick anymore.

Old 02-02-2023, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I don’t care what anti-mask article you post. My parents haven’t caught a single virus since 2020; not even sore throat or a slight sniffle. That’s the LONGEST they’ve ever gone without getting sick. And that’s because they religiously wore masks for over three years. In fact, my parents said they probably will continue to wear masks even after the pandemic ends because to them, it feels real nice to never get sick.

With me, I get sick because I cheat and don’t wear masks sometimes. Who is the one laughing? My parents because I’m the one that’s sick in bed occasionally while they don’t get sick anymore.
This came off of MSN.... pretty much liberal as it gets.

And never getting sick is a good way to turn off your immune system. It needs to encounter bugs to do its job.

Old 02-02-2023, 06:38 PM

37,157 posts, read 41,357,088 times
Quote:
And never getting sick is a good way to turn off your immune system. It needs to encounter bugs to do its job.
False. you do not need to get sick to have a healthy immune system.

Old 02-02-2023, 07:51 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,484,992 times
Do physical measures such as hand-washing or wearing masks stop or slow down the spread of respiratory viruses?

STUDY: https://www.cochrane.org/CD006207/AR...ratory-viruses

RESULTS:

Medical or surgical masks

Ten studies took place in the community, and two studies in healthcare workers. Compared with wearing no mask in the community studies only, wearing a mask may make little to no difference in how many people caught a flu-like illness/COVID-like illness (9 studies; 276,917 people); and probably makes little or no difference in how many people have flu/COVID confirmed by a laboratory test (6 studies; 13,919 people). Unwanted effects were rarely reported; discomfort was mentioned.

N95/P2 respirators

Four studies were in healthcare workers, and one small study was in the community. Compared with wearing medical or surgical masks, wearing N95/P2 respirators probably makes little to no difference in how many people have confirmed flu (5 studies; 8407 people); and may make little to no difference in how many people catch a flu-like illness (5 studies; 8407 people), or respiratory illness (3 studies; 7799 people). Unwanted effects were not well-reported; discomfort was mentioned.

Hand hygiene

Following a hand hygiene programme may reduce the number of people who catch a respiratory or flu-like illness, or have confirmed flu, compared with people not following such a programme (19 studies; 71,210 people), although this effect was not confirmed as statistically significant reduction when ILI and laboratory-confirmed ILI were analysed separately. Few studies measured unwanted effects; skin irritation in people using hand sanitiser was mentioned.

Old 02-02-2023, 10:14 PM

35,221 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Quote:
How do you know that's why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
False. you do not need to get sick to have a healthy immune system.
I think you are basically right that you don't need literally to get sick. I do believe you need to expose yourself to pathogens to build resistance.

Old 02-02-2023, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
How do you know that's why?I think you are basically right that you don't need literally to get sick. I do believe you need to expose yourself to pathogens to build resistance.
Well ain’t it a coincidence that my parents frequently caught colds all the time and since wearing a mask, they haven’t got sick.

Old 02-02-2023, 10:53 PM

Quote:
This came off of MSN.... pretty much liberal as it gets.

That has nothing to do with being liberal. Why do people keep politicizing masks?? People wear masks to protect their health, just like people wear seatbelts to protect themselves.it doesn’t matter whether you believe they work or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City