Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 11:41 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times

Advertisements

good location …if you like ribs and brisket bbq you got to get to dinosaur bbq on union st and 4th ave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2023, 02:16 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Wonderful pictures. Along with the transit museum Downtown Brooklyn, the BBG and Brooklyn Museum are some of my favorite places. I remember rolling down some of the slopes at the BBG as a kid. And our parents enrolled us in the BBG Children's Garden as kids. I was also employed as a counselor at the Brooklyn Cultural Adventures Program during high school, which was sponsored at the Brooklyn Museum.

My family's home in Brooklyn is a ten minute walk from the museum, so we don't drive there, but if we had to I'd try to find parking on some of the side streets on the other side of Eastern Parkway. I'd also consider driving down Atlantic Avenue to avoid the Eastern Parkway issues, which I agree are frustrating.

Agree on Dinosaur BBQ. I first became acquainted with them over a decade ago at their Syracuse location.

Old 04-15-2023, 02:20 PM

we are doing queens botanical tomorrow and i think bronx zoo monday

Old 04-16-2023, 03:55 PM

1,417 posts, read 722,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-water View Post
I am not the hugest fan of the woke inter racial dating theme. It always exhisted but more recently it seems like the inter racial dating is more weaponized and plain awful, in a way. Certainly Brooklyn will be first on board with any obvious Marxist programming, which, in my opinion, is a real fail.

These are pro-ported experts of plants and species, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden is connected to all global institutions concerning plant taxonomy so on and so forth, yet they behave dumbly connected to art. What an embarrassing mess.

Man, one subject you will NEVER see at Brooklyn art museums is Jewish women and Black male unison copulating, having mulato babies between jew women and black dudes. So why des the jewish media so unbelievably push down everyones throats that White Western wonen are some spectacular match with African Americans? Personally i think this is absolute poison for white western culture. It is stupidity.

New York City should be cool AF and tough AF but you placed a bunch of wimps in command

The whole Miscegenation is wonderful and healthy and sexy, thing, I am suspicious really. I am disgusted by it at this stage.
Why are you not banned yet?

Old 04-17-2023, 07:52 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
The garden will be even crazier this weekend and next as the main grove of cherry blossoms bloom, so you picked a good time to go. I like the garden a lot, my last apartment was diagonally across the street from there so I went quite a bit, now that I am in DT Brooklyn, not as much although I am going to try to get there in the next couple of weeks. I like to go to the free Saturday evening programs the Museum has the first Saturday of the month although it is quite the scene.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:46 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Is Brooklyn Museum still "pay what you wish?"

Old 04-22-2023, 09:13 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

$25 to park! A bit much for that location. Was the parking lot at least supervised? I haven't been to the Brooklyn Museum since 1983 for the Brooklyn Bridge exhibit. IIRC museum parking was free in their beat-up looking parking lot, which I think was in back of the museum at that time.

Old 04-22-2023, 09:21 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Your story tells me that when possible one should use public transportation which is less costly than parking (especially if one has free admission to the garden).

If you live along the 2,3,4,5 IRT lines, maybe, if you feel safe on those subway lines. But if your coming in from an area without subway service, or with a family, driving in makes more sense for convenience sake.

Old 04-22-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
$25 to park! A bit much for that location. Was the parking lot at least supervised? I haven't been to the Brooklyn Museum since 1983 for the Brooklyn Bridge exhibit. IIRC museum parking was free in their beat-up looking parking lot, which I think was in back of the museum at that time.
i wouldn’t call it supervised parking …

anyone going to the museum has access to the parking lot

Old 04-22-2023, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Is Brooklyn Museum still "pay what you wish?"
yes but we got free admission through culture pass from our queen’s library card
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City