Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 03:18 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
They keep voting for this trash and then cry and cry about the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2023, 03:58 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,554 times
The main problem is people don't vote in 2013 when that goofball bill was elected I went to my poll there hardly no one at my polling station I have never seen it so empty in all my years using it!

Old 04-21-2023, 04:02 PM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
You have to remember that most voters just watch one or two commercials and vote based off that. It is very easy to capture single issue voters with just a pro abortion commercial or a pro homosexual commercial.

We are very polarized and people either lean left or right. We don't tend to break pattern without a compelling reason.

SCOTUS only recently overturned Roe v. Wade. There are entire areas of the nation where all you have to do is claim your opponent is pro life, and you will be elected, irrespective of any other issues you state or have.

There are other areas where all you have to do is claim your opponent wants to ban guns, and they get elected.

I don't think most voters are thinking. It is pretty automatic. We will see if the trauma of living in rising crime in NYC will cause people to start to think and vote differently. I don't believe it will change rapidly. Most people need years of rising trauma to change engrained beliefs and habits.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:30 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
You have to remember that most voters just watch one or two commercials and vote based off that. It is very easy to capture single issue voters with just a pro abortion commercial or a pro homosexual commercial.

We are very polarized and people either lean left or right. We don't tend to break pattern without a compelling reason.

SCOTUS only recently overturned Roe v. Wade. There are entire areas of the nation where all you have to do is claim your opponent is pro life, and you will be elected, irrespective of any other issues you state or have.

There are other areas where all you have to do is claim your opponent wants to ban guns, and they get elected.

I don't think most voters are thinking. It is pretty automatic. We will see if the trauma of living in rising crime in NYC will cause people to start to think and vote differently. I don't believe it will change rapidly. Most people need years of rising trauma to change engrained beliefs and habits.
Easier to pack-up and leave. Look at abandoned homes in Detroit, good homes too. Those people didnt die, they left.
You dont fight the system, you dont change it. Who has time for that crap, you move and adapt.

There are people who will stay and complain for decades. Then there are people who will move on and improve their life as soon as possible.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:40 PM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Easier to pack-up and leave. Look at abandoned homes in Detroit, good homes too. Those people didnt die, they left.
You dont fight the system, you dont change it. Who has time for that crap, you move and adapt.

There are people who will stay and complain for decades. Then there are people who will move on and improve their life as soon as possible.
Yep, plenty of those as well. I left California 2 years ago. My vote hasn't counted in California in 20 years, not since well before Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected Governor.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:52 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:

Yup, this. I got out as soon as was possible. It’s crazy how, in NYC’s case, all you need to do is move 10 minutes away and things improve drastically.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-21-2023, 05:04 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
I see lots of white flight in the future of NYC. This will take time over the years. Even immigrants will want to flee as soon as they can afford it.
Im not a fan of jailing people, but letting criminals have a pass is just wrong.

Enjoy your times square with the smell of weed in the air.
As soon as a certain percentage of small landlords, individuals, etc sell their property NYC will go back to becoming tough on crime.

Old 04-21-2023, 05:27 PM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
So Bragg is basically saying that thievery is a “racial equity” problem. It’s ridiculous since thievery exists in every country, culture and ethnic backgrounds. In non western- homogeneous Iran, thieves get their hands chopped off. So what is the real reason for thieves being accepted here?

Old 04-21-2023, 05:31 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
As soon as a certain percentage of small landlords, individuals, etc sell their property NYC will go back to becoming tough on crime.
It has a lot to do with who the mayor is and who they work for.
Adams works for the low class non-contributing voter base and he does not even bother trying to hide it.

Old 04-21-2023, 08:58 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
My question is, why do you go for news to such trash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City