Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 01:50 PM

193 posts, read 108,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
What happened there was quite stirring… thanks largely to incompetent democrats-run state and federal governing…Don’t you agree that life felt much safer and peaceful under Trump? CA has successfully spread its lib-mob culture as well as wildfire cascades North America wide. The experience of orange skies in NYC due to Canadian wildfires thousand miles away was disturbing…Is NYC too close to forests to relive what Maui just went through? Maybe it’s time to cut down trees around NYC metro to mitigate the risk of life loss in this dense urban area.
dont yall get tired of the stupid poliitcal rants day in and day out. JFC. it's like everrrrrrrrrrrrrry day its some dumb shyt about democrats or republicans. how do you people survive daily life??? i'm so glad i dont know any people like yall who froth at the mouth about politics. and i have a degree in PoliSci!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 01:54 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,439,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I used to live in Hawaii; it is surprisingly conservative, and change is slow. Pot is still illegal there, even though it has been legalized here in "conservative" Arizona.
There was even a Republican governor for part of the time I was there.
Politicians are not always extreme,sometimes they can be centrist or 'common sense/old school' types.

Old 08-15-2023, 02:10 PM

34,142 posts, read 47,382,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
He's trolling you. Ignore him.
Trolling is the new thing the kids say when there's a difference of opinion.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-15-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
I'm just asking you to point out what you think is incorrect or that which reflects, as you say, a "lack of knowledge of American history". All of it? So, to quote My Cousin Vinny, "Everything that guy said is B.S." ? OK but that's a pretty weaksauce argument.
Simply put, this is not a country. This is a business. That is the history of this "country." Everything in your lenghty post can all be summed up in that one point.

Why do you think lockdowns occurred? Why do you think degrees are worthless? It's pretty simple. It's all about money. For example, somebody profited because someone else attained a "worthless" degree. Funny me, but I never thought learning was "worthless." Case in point - money is the only thing that matters. Politics don't matter. So don't complain about anything. Just go out there and make more money if you want to see any difference in your life. Politics has nothing to do with the ability to make more money.

Old 08-15-2023, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
dont yall get tired of the stupid poliitcal rants day in and day out. JFC. it's like everrrrrrrrrrrrrry day its some dumb shyt about democrats or republicans. how do you people survive daily life??? i'm so glad i dont know any people like yall who froth at the mouth about politics. and i have a degree in PoliSci!
Politics are the new soap operas

Like 40 is the new 20

Lol

Old 08-15-2023, 04:18 PM

822 posts, read 780,348 times
Quote:
Probably not, unfortunately.
Troll account?

Old 08-15-2023, 05:35 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,439,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Trolling is the new thing the kids say when there's a difference of opinion.

No,there's a legitimate definition of a troll. It's also in city data's terms of service...

Old 08-15-2023, 06:55 PM

429 posts, read 157,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Simply put, this is not a country. This is a business. That is the history of this "country." Everything in your lenghty post can all be summed up in that one point.

Why do you think lockdowns occurred? Why do you think degrees are worthless? It's pretty simple. It's all about money. For example, somebody profited because someone else attained a "worthless" degree. Funny me, but I never thought learning was "worthless." Case in point - money is the only thing that matters. Politics don't matter. So don't complain about anything. Just go out there and make more money if you want to see any difference in your life. Politics has nothing to do with the ability to make more money.
This is completely obtuse. Politics - and I don't mean watching it on the news or arguing about it on the internet - has a major downstream effect on how our society functions, and the ability of people to in turn make money. Permitting our corporations to ship most of the good paying middle class jobs overseas, flooding the labor market with immigrants and driving down real wages, having a corrupt revolving door between government regulators and the industries they regulate, are among just a few examples.

How do you expect a manufacturing worker to "just go out there and make more money" when his factory was shipped to Mexico to boost CEO profits? How do you expect an American computer programmer to make more money when his job is being replaced by a squad of H-1B visa holders fresh off an airplane from India? How do you expect housing prices to remain high when the government allows the banks to bail themselves out of bad decisions using tax money, driving up inflation? Or just driving up inflation directly by throwing it at dubious Covid relief, foreign wars that don't benefit anyone except defense contractors, etc.

How is a store owner supposed to make more money when they are being robbed daily by the same folks who are out on the street every night and the police can't or won't do anything about it? American society is completely broken, as evidenced by child trannies, among other things that are completely beyond the pale. The government refuses to protect people – people who pay taxes – from criminal violence. Along with the government’s refusal to protect the US border, this means that the social contract has been unilaterally abolished by the US government, and therefore citizens no longer have any obligations to abide by the law.

Basically, in every governmental system, the population of a country agrees to abide by the law and to pay taxes to the government in exchange for physical protection on the personal and the collective level. The government has now so blatantly flaunted both of those obligations, that this “social contract” is no longer valid.

I’m not encouraging people to commit crimes. There may also be higher personal moral (religious) values that prevent you from committing certain crimes. But in the sociological sense, and on a philosophical level, I don’t think there is any reason you shouldn’t be committing crimes. You are no longer contractually obligated by ancient social norms to obey the government.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:33 PM

Quote:
This is completely obtuse. Politics - and I don't mean watching it on the news or arguing about it on the internet - has a major downstream effect on how our society functions, and the ability of people to in turn make money. Permitting our corporations to ship most of the good paying middle class jobs overseas, flooding the labor market with immigrants and driving down real wages, having a corrupt revolving door between government regulators and the industries they regulate, are among just a few examples.

How do you expect a manufacturing worker to "just go out there and make more money" when his factory was shipped to Mexico to boost CEO profits? How do you expect an American computer programmer to make more money when his job is being replaced by a squad of H-1B visa holders fresh off an airplane from India? How do you expect housing prices to remain high when the government allows the banks to bail themselves out of bad decisions using tax money, driving up inflation? Or just driving up inflation directly by throwing it at dubious Covid relief, foreign wars that don't benefit anyone except defense contractors, etc.

How is a store owner supposed to make more money when they are being robbed daily by the same folks who are out on the street every night and the police can't or won't do anything about it? American society is completely broken, as evidenced by child trannies, among other things that are completely beyond the pale. The government refuses to protect people – people who pay taxes – from criminal violence. Along with the government’s refusal to protect the US border, this means that the social contract has been unilaterally abolished by the US government, and therefore citizens no longer have any obligations to abide by the law.

Basically, in every governmental system, the population of a country agrees to abide by the law and to pay taxes to the government in exchange for physical protection on the personal and the collective level. The government has now so blatantly flaunted both of those obligations, that this “social contract” is no longer valid.

I’m not encouraging people to commit crimes. There may also be higher personal moral (religious) values that prevent you from committing certain crimes. But in the sociological sense, and on a philosophical level, I don’t think there is any reason you shouldn’t be committing crimes. You are no longer contractually obligated by ancient social norms to obey the government.
Ok, so now what

Old 08-15-2023, 08:46 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,994,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post

I rant about stupid politicians and policies once in a looooooooong time...this one was triggered by the painful loss of >100 lives due to incompetent politicians failing to take preventative measures for risk control and mitigation...CNN has it that Hawaii has tons of emergency alarm system installed but none worked during this devastating wildfire raged through the island...incompetent democrats are everywhere in NY therefore it is necessary to raise public awareness to the hazardous conditions that democrat politicians and leaders could create for the public if left unsupervised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City