Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2024, 04:07 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
If allowing someone else to tell you to wear a (useless) mask when you don't want or need to is "no big deal to you," that's a problem; going along to get along is what got us where we were four years ago.

To paraphrase: "All that is necessary for progression of stupidity is for smart people to do nothing."
I see a big difference between the elderly owner of a tiny store requesting that her customers wear a mask and a government entity decreeing that it's the law for everyone.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:09 PM

21,881 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I see a big difference between the elderly owner of a tiny store requesting that her customers wear a mask and a government entity decreeing that it's the law for everyone.
I hope you see that small, seemingly inconsequential, incremental steps can lead to a big downfall - especially since we've already seen it happen once. And people "politely" going along with it is why.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:48 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
If allowing someone else to tell you to wear a (useless) mask when you don't want or need to is "no big deal to you," that's a problem; going along to get along is what got us where we were four years ago.

To paraphrase: "All that is necessary for progression of stupidity is for smart people to do nothing."
I don’t understand why you make a big thing about wearing a mask. Is it against your religion or something? Like what Cuomo has said many times, it’s the simplest thing to do. Just put it on! Why is it so hard for you?

Old 03-14-2024, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don’t understand...
No, you sure don't. It's not that wearing a face diaper is literally "a hard thing to do." It's that fascism is a hard thing to live under.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:23 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I hope you see that small, seemingly inconsequential, incremental steps can lead to a big downfall - especially since we've already seen it happen once. And people "politely" going along with it is why.
I don't see one small bookstore in a trendy neighborhood in a city known for medical students, education, and technology leading to any downfall. It was not a political statement.

Not at all the same as what went on in 2020.

Old 03-15-2024, 05:44 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don’t understand why you make a big thing about wearing a mask. Is it against your religion or something? Like what Cuomo has said many times, it’s the simplest thing to do. Just put it on! Why is it so hard for you?
Using Fuhrer Cuomo as an example isnt helping your cause

Old 03-15-2024, 06:06 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
No, you sure don't. It's not that wearing a face diaper is literally "a hard thing to do." It's that fascism is a hard thing to live under.
Far East Asian countries were wearing face masks way before Covid to decrease the spread of illness.

This whole covid mask thing has brought out the crazies. What are you on about fascism now? No one is telling you to wear one. Wear one if you want; don't wear one if you don't.

I wish everyone would just mind their own business.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:16 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Far East Asian countries were wearing face masks way before Covid to decrease the spread of illness.

This whole covid mask thing has brought out the crazies. What are you on about fascism now? No one is telling you to wear one. Wear one if you want; don't wear one if you don't.

I wish everyone would just mind their own business.
asian countries use mask because of smog and pollution not the flu or diseases!

Old 03-15-2024, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This whole covid mask thing has brought out the crazies. What are you on about fascism now? No one is telling you to wear one.
YET... And they WERE... How soon we forget (four short years ago)...

This whole covid mask thing has brought out the revisionist historians!

Old 03-15-2024, 06:51 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
asian countries use mask because of smog and pollution not the flu or diseases!
Japan and South Korea?

https://www.ny.us.emb-japan.go.jp/en...015-07/05.html

"Many Japanese wear face masks to avoid catching a cold, or to guard themselves from airborne pollen that triggers hay fever. Some people also wear masks out of consideration for others, if they are already sick and want to avoid passing on their own germs."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City