Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2023, 01:20 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
No no no, just no. The vaccines/boosters are not 100% effective; no one ever said that. BUT if you did happen to catch Covid despite getting vaccinated and boosted, it will prevent hospitalizations and death. So the vaccines WILL save your life!
Depends. If you're high risk maybe they will. If you're young and healthy you're not at any risk of dying. It's like saying I should wear a parachute walking down the street bc if I went skydiving I need one.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:10 PM

1,148 posts, read 862,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Depends. If you're high risk maybe they will. If you're young and healthy you're not at any risk of dying. It's like saying I should wear a parachute walking down the street bc if I went skydiving I need one.
Excellent example

Old 12-18-2023, 02:17 PM

21,889 posts, read 12,991,949 times
Except that this parachute is full of holes, whether you need it or not.

Old 12-18-2023, 04:32 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
I have a cold right now. Must have caught it from someone at work last week. I'm scared I might die.

Old 12-18-2023, 05:11 PM

37,121 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
You can repeat what liberal media said all you want, but just proves you never really looked deeply into any of the data nor what dangerous elements these Covid vaccines contain. On this very forum, you will find many people who know others who died from these vaccines. They are not safe and were rushed. If you choose not to believe me, then go ahead and keep getting boosters at your own risk. Doesnt affect me one bit. The risk is NOT lower just because you are vaccinated as liberal media wants the sheep to believe. I know of vaccinated people who almost died from Covid and I know others (like myself) who never got Covid to this day and are not vaccinated.
I do not get my information from the media. I read research articles. I may post links to media articles because they simplify the info for lay audiences.

I know exactly what is in the vaccines.

The "many people who know others who have died from these vaccines" only know what is being claimed, not what has been proven.

I have and will continue to get boosters because the overwhelming evidence is that they are safe and effective against severe disease and death, particularly at my age {75}.

I am vaccinated and boosted. I have never had covid and the worst effect of the vaccine has been a sore arm and perhaps feeling mildly under the weather with the first dose.

Quote:
The risk of dying is lower if you are young and healthy but it is not zero.

Old 12-18-2023, 05:38 PM

5,690 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I have a cold right now. Must have caught it from someone at work last week. I'm scared I might die.
RIP, good luck in your next life.

Old 12-21-2023, 09:19 PM

5,690 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Just as I said, confirmed by an ER doctor that many people have been coming in with different viruses because people don't have high immune systems. Said too long of mask wearing messed with people's immune systems.
So go out there, shake some hands, lick the subway and get some bacteria back in your system.
Your immune system needs it!

Wear a mask if you are the one sick so you don't infect others! Or cause it's cold out. But don't wear one to keep yourself in a bubble. It will do more long-term damage than good.

Old 12-22-2023, 12:58 AM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do not get my information from the media. I read research articles. I may post links to media articles because they simplify the info for lay audiences.

I know exactly what is in the vaccines.

The "many people who know others who have died from these vaccines" only know what is being claimed, not what has been proven.

I have and will continue to get boosters because the overwhelming evidence is that they are safe and effective against severe disease and death, particularly at my age {75}.

I am vaccinated and boosted. I have never had covid and the worst effect of the vaccine has been a sore arm and perhaps feeling mildly under the weather with the first dose.

The risk of dying is lower if you are young and healthy but it is not zero.
You're more likely to get in a car accident going to get the vaccine than actually die from COVID if you're young and healthy.

At your age it's a different story.

Different people have different health needs and health risks and should act accordingly. I've taken my almost 90 year old grandma to get boosters same as I've taken her for plenty of other doctors appointments for things I don't need either.

Old 12-22-2023, 04:22 AM

1,148 posts, read 862,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Just as I said, confirmed by an ER doctor that many people have been coming in with different viruses because people don't have high immune systems. Said too long of mask wearing messed with people's immune systems.
So go out there, shake some hands, lick the subway and get some bacteria back in your system.

Wear a mask if you are the one sick so you don't infect others! Or cause it's cold out. But don't wear one to keep yourself in a bubble. It will do more long-term damage than good.
My doc told me exactly the same thing! Sadly there are many brainwashed people who just cannot comprehend these facts.

Old 12-22-2023, 04:37 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post

I don't know if you remember this word asymptomatic, but that was also a reason why people were wearing masks

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City