Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2023, 05:58 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

“Some of the hardest-working and most productive people in this city are undocumented aliens,” Giuliani said at a 1994 press conference. “If you come here and you work hard and you happen to be in an undocumented status, you’re one of the people who we want in this city. You’re somebody that we want to protect, and we want you to get out from under what is often a life of being like a fugitive, which is really unfair.”

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/polit...nts/index.html

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2023, 09:17 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
If I am paying taxes, so should anyone and everyone else. And if that is the case, dont employ illegals until every person on welfare is working.
BUT, like I ALWAYS said. This country is pro business, not pro people. White yellow or black, your dumbass lives dont matter.
SO if a business small or large benefits from cheap labor, then thats what it will be.

Cheap labor is allowed to come in to help businesses recover from Covid lock downs.

Again, let me repeat, YOU DONT MATTER. ITs up to you to put your family in a good house, in a good neighborhood and good schools.
Or you can stick around and complain how much better things were just 10 years ago.

Maps are given out from different NGOs how to invade USA. https://www.muckraker.com/articles/i...-maps-exposed/

Country will be unrecognizable in 20 years.

Last edited by Dave 92 LSC; 12-25-2023 at 09:36 AM..

Old 12-25-2023, 11:04 AM

1,416 posts, read 722,778 times
Republicans use to be pro illegal immigration up until Trumps election. Many of them supported illegal immigration due to the cheap labor they provided. It's one of the reason why I use to be a Democrat, then became independent recently.

Old 12-25-2023, 03:59 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Republicans use to be pro illegal immigration up until Trumps election. Many of them supported illegal immigration due to the cheap labor they provided. It's one of the reason why I use to be a Democrat, then became independent recently.
Yep. And Rudy was no exception to that. In fact, Rudy wasn't even a conservative as mayor; he was a Republican who was tough on crime and favored education reform. But he wasn't exactly even a fiscal conservative and certainly wasn't a conservative on most hot button social issues (to include immigration as noted).

Old 12-26-2023, 12:50 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
“Some of the hardest-working and most productive people in this city are undocumented aliens,” Giuliani said at a 1994 press conference. “If you come here and you work hard and you happen to be in an undocumented status, you’re one of the people who we want in this city. You’re somebody that we want to protect, and we want you to get out from under what is often a life of being like a fugitive, which is really unfair.”

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/polit...nts/index.html
Guiliani went after the poor when he was elected as mayor, lets not ever forget that. All the squeegee men, and vendors on 125th st who had been there since before he was in office, who all were trying to make a honest dollar, he criminalized.

Old 12-26-2023, 12:53 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Republicans use to be pro illegal immigration up until Trumps election. Many of them supported illegal immigration due to the cheap labor they provided.
When their master became anti-immigrant, so did they. most of em on the right in congress have illegal aliens as "the help" in their homes, so this is rich, for even them

Old 12-26-2023, 03:57 AM

10,058 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
If I am paying taxes, so should anyone and everyone else. And if that is the case, dont employ illegals until every person on welfare is working.
BUT, like I ALWAYS said. This country is pro business, not pro people. White yellow or black, your dumbass lives dont matter.
SO if a business small or large benefits from cheap labor, then thats what it will be.

Cheap labor is allowed to come in to help businesses recover from Covid lock downs.

Again, let me repeat, YOU DONT MATTER. ITs up to you to put your family in a good house, in a good neighborhood and good schools.
Or you can stick around and complain how much better things were just 10 years ago.

Maps are given out from different NGOs how to invade USA. https://www.muckraker.com/articles/i...-maps-exposed/

Country will be unrecognizable in 20 years.
I will say this because it has to be said, but most Americans probably don't know about. There are lets call them "meetings" that are made in countries like the Dominican Republic and also in the USA where the people that attend are told about all the social programs the US government has for poor people and how to get enrolled in them, whether it's legitimate or fraud. You go to poor neighborhoods in the Dominican Republic and you will find many people that already know that the USA has section 8, government programs to help the handicap, etc despite they never have lived in the USA. Take a wild guess where they want to move to permanently?

They don't see it as fraud or even think where the money for all of that comes from, they simply see it as a way to help people in need.

I'm not saying everyone that moves to the USA from the Dominican Republic do so with the idea of taking advantage of the system, just that many do and many already know of all the government programs and how to get them before they make it to the USA.

It's widespread that if a Dominican woman gives birth in the USA, not only is the kid born with US citizenship, but the US government picks up the bill for their entire giving birth process and stay in the USA. Many women travel to the USA just ro give birth and then return to the DR with the new baby to continue their lives. Some women are known to hide their pregnancies from immigration at USA airport in order to get in the USA and give birth. I even heard a Dominican immigration lawyer in the DR go on Dominican TV and say that she had clients that show Americans are stupid since it wouldn't take much to discover them prior to entering the USA, but they still manage to fool the Americans and get in the USA. One time I even heard one that she had a client that literally taped the stomach area to suppress her pregnancy and got in the USA through the front door and gave birth to her baby in a US public hospital, all paid by the US government (aka, US tax payers.)

This is probably done in many other countries, particularly in Central America.

Old 12-26-2023, 06:31 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Not that simple. Republican politicians in congress have generally catered to business interests which have wanted illegals for cheap labor. Average GOP voter has been against illegal immigration. Trump aligned with GOP voters instead of the establishment on this issue. Which was the only change.

Old 12-26-2023, 08:03 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
The labor isn't cheap anymore.
That's the big issue.

A. You can't legally hire them.
B. If you get a workaround it's $16 an hour minimum.
C. If you do it illegally, and get caught the punishments are STEEP.

This is why we send the work to the developing world. Labor costs in (much of the) USA is incredibly high.

Old 12-26-2023, 08:55 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Never knew how corrupt and broken things are in the land of the free. Or maybe it was always like that and I was young and naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: