Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 4,215 times

Advertisements

Hi Thomas. My name is Deloris Smith, and I lived at 1725 Randall Ave. I just found this site. This is really great! I remember you and your brother Kirk. I was friends with Kirk. How is he doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 11:47 AM

4 posts, read 4,215 times
Hi Clayton, My name is Deloris Smith. I lived at 1725 Randall since the those projects were built. I also had Mrs. Pizuto in the 6th grade. I also know Vernon Walters, Derek Sarauw - we were in some of the same classes. How are they doing? Do you remember the music teacher Mrs. Reid with her red freckles. I remember Gary and Gina and Brother Hockett (Ithink that's how you spell their last name). I remember the pink circle, the big park, playng handball at the park, in the summer they would fill up the pool. We also played skellzies with bottle tops in front of my building and also jumped double dutch. I was pretty good with that. I also knew the guy who played in Homicide. It was a big deal when we heard he was going to be on TV. I also probably know you too. I now live in New Jersey. Please feel to reach out my email is delsmith83@yahoo.com.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 638 times
Default Rene....I remember you!

This is Richie Donahoe. Me and my brothers and sister lived at 1704 Seward Ave in the Soundview projects during the early 50s into the early 60s . The actor who you are talking about who went on to fame and fortune was named Jesse. He eventually move to Harlem, started acting and took the stage name Yaphet Kotto. I played with his sister Antoinnette. She went to Holy Cross while me and my siblings went to PS 107. We we knew everyone in the projects the Mitchell's, the Hocketts, my friends Lenny and Lance, the Santiago's, my friend Nelson Agront and so many others that I have a hard time remembering. We hung out in the little park most of the time and played Skelly, "kill me", ringolevio, Hot peas and butter, Johnny on the pony, single double triple homerun, around the world, punch ball, spinning tops, peashooters and whatever the season called for. At PS 107 and I remember my first grade teacher Mrs. Colodny and I definitely remember Mr. Calcagno and the principal Mr. Stein. Do you remember the seven caves down by the river? Also Rubys the peppermint bar and Moleds which came along later. What about the Academy Gardens on the beach theater?

Old 11-27-2016, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,152 times
Hi. I lived at 710 Nobel avenue. I'm looking for a friend whose name is fletcher, he has a device on the outside of his throat. We both attended PS 107.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,152 times
Sorry my name is Patrick Hodge and I had three other brothers... Keith, Kevin and the oldest James.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:54 PM

1 posts, read 472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debragaines525 rosedale View Post
Hey all, This is Debra Gaines.My brothers are Darryl, Steven and Butch (who passed abt 15 years ago). I was hooked up wth crazy ass Bobby Mitchell for a minuete, but that is long, long ago, he's doing well with a nice wife named Gloria. My cousin was Bobby Boyer and Brenda, and Ronnie Boyer. Bobby was killed on Bruckner Blvd. while I was in prison back in the 70's. I'm doing well, and so is Darryl and Stephen.We are going to try to hit that reunion this year so look out!!
Hey Debra my name is Renee Vanterpool from lafeyette I think he's stayed with you and family when I ran away. Milton Roman was my boyfriend. I'm living in Georgia now after 30 years in California

Old 06-23-2018, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 361 times
My name is Tom Soloweyko and I lived in 1689 Randall Ave from 1955 when it first opened until 1967. I went to 107,123, and Monroe Bruce Leathers and Jacky Shavers and all of us used to play army on the lawn and get chased by Tony the cop all the time. If he caught you it was a 5 dollar fine Way too much money for my parents to pay. I remember when Rodney got killed on top of the elevator. He didn’t want to be a teenager. He was killed the last day of his 12 th year. Girl named Paula was in the elevator when it happened. SD for her too. Stick ball in the school yard, punch ball, and lots of touch tackle football. Jimmy Gino’s, Jeff Silver, Kent Cunningham Paris Mitchel, Earl, Maria Sanchez wow. Good times.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 313 times
Does anyone heard from milton Roman is he still around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City