Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 AM

473 posts, read 1,670,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
...You come across as a fake tanned, bleach blond, vagasly dressed, raciest, somewhat arrogant female, prancing around Manhattan.....
ouch!....easy now - you might be accused of being jealous of her looks. Maybe she can join MeAndTheCity and sing "I hate hispanic men" in G Major......

Old 07-25-2008, 07:54 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
ouch!....easy now - you might be accused of being jealous of her looks. Maybe she can join MeAndTheCity and sing "I hate hispanic men" in G Major......

lol....that was funny

Old 07-25-2008, 08:50 AM

274 posts, read 1,108,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlvstudent View Post
I haven't been in NYC very long (originally from Nevada) but never in my life have I experienced so many creepy men who blatantly stare me up and down, say nasty sexual comments to me, call me names, etc. until I moved here. I'm a pretty attractive, young, blonde girl, which is very common where I'm from, so I assume the guys there are just used to it. But here it's just ridiculous! So is it normal for a female to have 5 foot tall Hispanic men (oh you know what I'm talking about, I see them everywhere. They're all hispanic, short, and creepy. Often seen delivering food.) on the subway staring and whispering at you? To walk past a guy on the street and have him stop and turn around and shout something at you? When I'm walking down the street and see a group of construction workers I know what's coming. I've even had a guy grab my ass on a crowded subway.

Do these men have ANY respect for women?
In NYC we have lots of very poor, lots of very rich, lots of ethnicities... throw them together in Manhattan and you have class and race tensions and resentments.

There's also lots of gender tension.

Manhattan has the most rich, single, young women in the US per capita. Ironically, many of them aren't interested in hooking up or having relationships. I can only imagine it's like to be a "5 foot tall", poor, hispanic delivery boy being surrounded by flocks of attractive women with whom I had chance with. So, the guys cat-calling you are probably desperate as hell.

NYC guys tend to be more aggressive with women because they're desperate. Case in point: my NYC buddy moved to Vegas and gets lucky every weekend with the locals; in Manhattan he had about a year dry spell.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Case in point: my NYC buddy moved to Vegas and gets lucky every weekend with the locals; in Manhattan he had about a year dry spell.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,

I guess vegas is the place to get lucky at the tables.............. as well.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rock View Post
In NYC we have lots of very poor, lots of very rich, lots of ethnicities... throw them together in Manhattan and you have class and race tensions and resentments.

Manhattan has the most rich, single, young women in the US per capita. Ironically, many of them aren't interested in hooking up or having relationships. I can only imagine it's like to be a "5 foot tall", poor, hispanic delivery boy being surrounded by flocks of attractive women with whom I had chance with. So, the guys cat-calling you are probably desperate as hell.

NYC guys tend to be more aggressive with women because they're desperate. Case in point: my NYC buddy moved to Vegas and gets lucky every weekend with the locals; in Manhattan he had about a year dry spell.

lol Ace Rock, your post on women always have the same theme

I think NYC women have high standards and many can afford to be picky.

I think that many of men in NYC that are causing the harassment problem, really just dont know any better. I think it has to do with they way they were raised and less to do with a women's race or looks or whatever. If you have grown up your whole life watching your father or brother behave a certain way, more than likely you will grow up the same.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
When I was 20 (about a million years ago ), I can remember walking down the street to a chorus of kissing noises and "Hey chickie chickie chickie!"

I may be blonde, blue-eyed and pale enough to glow in the dark, but I'm FAR from gorgeous, so it's not just good-looking women who get harrassed. (Nor is it just white women who get harrassed!) And although I've never been grabbed in the subway, I've more than once had men deliberately press themselves against me -- way more than just a simple bumping into due to crowding or the movement of the train.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,985,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rock View Post

Guess I'm headed to Vegas then.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I think hispanic men are creepy in this aspect. I grew up in San Diego and know exactly what you are talking about.

You think they are creepy b/c some are short and deliver food?? B/c that's what the OP was getting at.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Guess I'm headed to Vegas then.

Just my luck or bad luck, the usual story of my life. I hear there are no more seats left on the bus for me.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM

274 posts, read 1,108,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
lol Ace Rock, your post on women always have the same theme

I think NYC women have high standards and many can afford to be picky.
There's a difference between high standards and impossible standards. I know quite a few attractive women (friends, acquaintances, dates) who have not had sex in YEARS.

I don't know how any normal, healthy person can hold out that long. I think they're afraid of intimacy and/or immature... typical Manhattan transplants. Also, a higher percentage than average have had some kind of abuse/molestation. Just ask any Manhattan therapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City