Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
Just curious, what damage are they doing exactly?
Sorry Rudbeckia, I don't intend to go one on one with you as a means of substituting for an entire thread. I suggest you start from the very first post and move to the end and you draw your own conclusions/rebuttals. etc.

Best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Sorry Rudbeckia, I don't intend to go one on one with you as a means of substituting for an entire thread. I suggest you start from the very first post and move to the end and you draw your own conclusions/rebuttals. etc.

Best.
i was not trying to start an argument, thread is way to long to read , a new hipster thread will come up sooner or later, they always so, so i will just wait on that one to converse

Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
i was not trying to start an argument, thread is way to long to read , a new hipster thread will come up sooner or later, they always so, so i will just wait on that one to converse
Sounds like a great idea, Rudbeckia.....in the meantime I might meet the requirements to be a bona fide hipster and then give you an insider's perspective...not to worry, Rudbeckia, if I felt all the ills of the world rested on the shoulders of hipsters, would I try so hard to cultivate the mannerisms and persona of a hipster myself?

I saw a photo on this thread of a hottie hipster and I'm gonna be one myself so I can snag a nice cutie like her ...since you're already taken!!!

And if you too are a hipster, I bet you're even cuter than the one I'm after!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:29 PM

456 posts, read 1,397,176 times
Here in Harlem and further uptown hipsters are of all races: White, Black, Chinese, etc. I don't think this discussion is about race but rather about culture. I also don't think this is about hating anyone. Discussion is healthy, imo.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi9 View Post
Here in Harlem and further uptown hipsters are of all races: White, Black, Chinese, etc. I don't think this discussion is about race but rather about culture. I also don't think this is about hating anyone. Discussion is healthy, imo.
Absolutely agree, Indi.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 PM

lol....i am not a hipster, i am just a young white person , oh wait but i like starbucks, and i have a pair of tight jeans, maybe i am a hipster, or does that make me a yuppie, oh wait i dont make enough money to be a yuppie, so i guess i am just regular person,

but wait i am white and live on the edge of harlem, so this makes me a gentrifyer, geez i never had so many labels until i moved to the the most open minded city in the country!!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi9 View Post
I guess that if the entire thread is read the points you just made would clearly appear as accurate from the various posts.

I do like Rudbeckia and felt real awful when she made that earlier post today. I felt bad that she drew the conclusion she did - as she, like you, Indi, is liked for the various thought-provoking contributions made here. And as a landscape architect, her talents can only help us here in the city, for architecture is part art, part business.That's why I suggested a reading of the entire thread.

If I recollect, both Indi and Rudbeckia are from out of town, hence not all out of towners are being ridiculed. If I also recollect, there are photos here of two or three hipsters including one who appears to be Asian. And if I recollect, several posters including myself cautioned against blaming all hipsters for all the woes of the city.

There's room for us all - seasoned hipsters, non-hipsters, even wannabe hipsters like me constantly changing his wardrobe, cultivating that perfect Valley accent, getting funds wired from a secret older very attractive lady benefactor/admirer on Staten Island, etc.

One day, I'll be a hipster - one of the good ones without attitudes, etc.

Last edited by Moderate Guy; 12-16-2008 at 09:51 PM..

Old 12-16-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
lol and i have a pair of tight jeans, maybe i am a hipster
Would you mind if I took a look at you myself to determine if you meet the physical requirements?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I guess that if the entire thread is read the points you just made would clearly appear as accurate from the various posts.

I do like Rudbeckia and felt real awful when she made that earlier post today. I felt bad that she drew the conclusion she did - as she, like you, Indi, is liked for the various thought-provoking contributions made here. And as a landscape architect, her talents can only help us here in the city, for architecture is part art, part business.That's why I suggested a reading of the entire thread.

If I recollect, both Indi and Rudbeckia are from out of town, hence not all out of towners are being ridiculed. If I also recollect, there are photos here of two or three hipsters including one who appears to be Asian. And if I recollect, several posters including myself cautioned against blaming all hipsters for all the woes of the city.

There's room for us all - seasoned hipsters, non-hipsters, even wannabe hipsters like me constantly changing his wardrobe, cultivating that perfect Valley accent, getting funds wired from a secret older lady benefactor/admirer on Staten Island, etc.

One day, I'll be a hipster - one of the good ones without attitudes, etc.

good post miles , i should have read the entire thread b/f posting, this topic has been talked about so much on this forum i just figured it said the same things as all the other, will read through thread next time

Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Would you mind if I took a look at you myself to determine if you meet the physical requirements?
If there is ever another city data meet up and we are both there, you can tell me if I meet the hipster requirements, but i am pretty sure i dont, and I am not lazy, hipsters are supposed to be lazy right?

and i am not snobbish, far from it, hipsters are supposed to be snobbish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City