Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 09:17 AM

473 posts, read 932,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen6275 View Post
Posative on the CDL. They want us ready to go out on the street for the beginning of January. You have do regular training for 4 weeks at FBF and then your first month in the garage they do not let you out of the garage. So that means you dont hit the street until 8 weeks after you are hired. We are goin on Nov 5. If you do not have CDL by then. You will have to wait for next class. All the guys goin on the 5th should have done this processing two years ago and two years ago they offered the cdl training. I did it then. When I spoke to HR this week they specifically told me to bring my CDL with me.
Where do you get your info from??? As soon as you get out of fbf and are in your district you are days for the first 30 days because you are out on routes and working in your district. You are not sitting in a garage. 30 days fbf and 30 days day shift. after that you are bouncing like a ping pong ball.
They want you to bring your cdl and everything else they require so that they have an accurate count on what they need and what to expect. If you don't have what they require you need to fax it or bring it to them asap or you will be passed over.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:59 AM

372 posts, read 830,215 times
we still do MLP n baskets I thought the weps were doing that... lol....

Old 10-30-2010, 01:35 PM

243 posts, read 682,030 times
so list # 806-840 are sol for this round ?

Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 AM

156 posts, read 327,262 times
If i was you after yer 30days i would see if i could sign Nights... Atleast its a better chance to stay a steady shift... but its not guaranteed..

I stayed nights my first 5yrs.... atleast you get night diff.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:38 PM

176 posts, read 374,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
we still do MLP n baskets I thought the weps were doing that... lol....
Yes, MLP, Baskets & Handbrooms are still a function in the Dept. Its one of things that require manpower. Imagine if these were no longer around, think they would need more San. Workers? Remember that when your on it.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:14 PM

372 posts, read 830,215 times
did anyone go to the meeting that harry held in bushwick?

Old 11-05-2010, 06:18 AM

473 posts, read 932,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
did anyone go to the meeting that harry held in bushwick?
I went to the one he held in Queens

Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 AM

10 posts, read 30,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDriver View Post
I say it is very unfair to demote supervisors and force
Many of them to lose seniority. I think I understand the reasons why 831 is resisting the non probationary supervisors getting San worker seniority back. Maybe it sets a bad precedent. But these supv are being forced, I say give them their seniority wherever they would have fallen if they didn't take the badge. If we don't stick together,we will surely fall.
I sympathize with them BUT they are not being forced by 831 they are being forced by the city. Besides the guys on probation they are officially Supervisors by title and does not entitle them to their seniority when they return to the Sanman title. That would open the door for more supervisors turning it in after their year and going back to where they were in seniority when they were Sanmen which isnt fair to us. I know its messed up they are losing a lot but i shouldnt be penalized for it, I have my own house and mortgage and car payment etc and if they get their seniority back thats less of a chance that I make my living.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:59 AM

269 posts, read 497,006 times
Medicals start tomorrow

Old 11-05-2010, 05:28 PM

121 posts, read 249,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYlifer View Post
I sympathize with them BUT they are not being forced by 831 they are being forced by the city. Besides the guys on probation they are officially Supervisors by title and does not entitle them to their seniority when they return to the Sanman title. That would open the door for more supervisors turning it in after their year and going back to where they were in seniority when they were Sanmen which isnt fair to us. I know its messed up they are losing a lot but i shouldnt be penalized for it, I have my own house and mortgage and car payment etc and if they get their seniority back thats less of a chance that I make my living.
I understand exactly what you mean. And want to make clear that I am not disagreeing with you,mostly. I do believe however,that the supervisors that are still on probation,and with less then one year in title,WILL be re-instated with FULL S/W seniority. That rule has been around a long time,before demotions were mentioned recently. I think that is between 35 and 40 right now(dont know if any of them threw the badge in the past week or so.). The remaining 60 or so will be those supervisors with the least seniority(including total city time). The word I heard was that the city feels they should retain their seniority,regardless of their being demoted. 831 is opposed to this on the principal of it violating Teamster rules and those pertaining to Sanworkers. My reaction is that this is "dirty pool" by the Mayor. Placing people in such a position goes against the entire civil service system in our city,state,and country. I also think that the move is also designed to divide and conquer. Keep pitting the various unions and groups within the department and rest of the city against one another. There is weakness and danger in division. United,there is strength and power. The living that we all make depends on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City