Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you as a New-Yorker support in the upcoming elections?
McCain/Palin 20 32.79%
Obama/Biden 33 54.10%
Other 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM

629 posts, read 901,611 times

Advertisements

I wanted to add one more thing, I think that ALL the elected polititions are ELETIST! How about when Joe Biden said in the debate about how "When he's down at the Home Depot" and then added "where he GOES often". Come on with THAT Joey! How many senators, whether they're democrats or Republicans, are doing their own home remodeling? can you see him putting a new 'toilet in', or hanging a new 'ceiling fan'?

I can't stand when ALL them guys try acting like 'average Joes'. How about the 'guy who couldn't afford to fill his 'pick up' truck with gas? Biden said the 'guy' refered to him as "Joe"? You know damn well if that happened, that 'guy' would've had enough respect to refer to him as 'Senator Biden'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 PM

718 posts, read 2,325,522 times
HAHA you hit the nail on the head. The sleeves. Blue collar barack, the man's man.

Community organizer: a talker not a doer.

Close enough. Michelle went to PRINCETON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
Great post. I'm a LIFELONG Democrat (except in this election). I ALMOST puke when I see Obama roll his 'sleeves up' when he's in a 'plant'. I'm sure you've seen photos with him wearing a pair of safety glasses too. His 'forearms' look like actual 'twigs'. He wouldn't have a clue about a 'hard days work' if someone tried to explain it to him. I guess ALL the 'community organizing' he did, couldn't build his arms up! LOL

Mcain on the other hand, 5 1/2 years in a POW camp, he knows more about 'hard times' than most people could even imagine. After living in Chicago, words can't describe how corrupt those polititions are. It's like a weekly news event, seeing one of their politions or 'cronies' getting indicted. Look at Il's former Govener Dan Ryan, he's in PRISON!

I never REALIZED how really BIAS and left wing the national media is too. I always just firgured that Bill O'reiley ranting about nothing. Its a BIG 'love fest' for Obama in the media. It's hard to see someone on those programs SAY anything bad about him. They act like they want to crucify Mcain though.

I heard Chris Rock talking about how many homes that Mcain owned compared to Obama's one. And that Obama would be worried about losing his. WHAT? Obama has made millions (from a book deal alone). Obama is an ELETIST like the rest of them. His wife was "never" proud of America til he got nominated? Where did she go to college? Harvard or Yale?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,657 times
I don't really care who wins. Neither has the strength or ability to fix the nation's problems. Neither will address job outsourcing, introducing new banking regulations and other issues of serious matter. I don't think the country has felt this low since 1979.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:02 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
How many actors in Hollywood didn't start off with HUMBLE backgrounds? Some of them actors are the BIGGEST snobs in the WORLD and have ELETIST attitudes now that they made it. How about Obama's wife saying she "was never proud of America"?

I'd take Obama's childhood upbringing over the 5 1/2 years that Mcain spent in the POW camps of Vietnam.

If you think that the media ain't BIAS, your intitled to your opinon. But I would HAVE to DISAGREE with that. If you watch enough of the cable news you will see how it's slanted towards Obama BIG time.
Heh? What does Hollywood has to do with the election? For the number, Mrs. Obama never said "she was never proud of America". And yes, the media is bias but that bias isn't what causing Obama's surge. So now that the polls are showing that Obama is leading in many swing states the media is now "bias" toward McCain? Where were you a month ago, when McCain has a 5 point lead when he announced Palin as his running mate?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I don't really care who wins. Neither has the strength or ability to fix the nation's problems. Neither will address job outsourcing, introducing new banking regulations and other issues of serious matter. I don't think the country has felt this low since 1979.
If elected, Obama plans to repeal the Bush tax cuts, which we know didn't create jobs. As for banking regulations, Obama has called for the relagulation the markets, something that has hasn't happend in a decade. With the reguard of job outsourcing, One of his major theme is the focus on green energy. This has the potential to create new jobs and at the sametime, get America of the addiction to foriegn oil.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I agree with you also. I can't BELIEVE, neither Obama or Mcain, said a word against ALL the 'pork' that was added to the 'bailout'. Funding for NASCAR? Come on!

I was just watching the news and I seen Mcain took a jab at 'Chicago polititions'. It's ironic, after me posting my feelings in an earlier post (which was before I heard Mcain say anything about them)

Another thing, tax cuts? What voter really thinks they're getting a tax cut (no matter who's elected)? If you think your getting a tax cut, YOU ARE crazy! If anything, maybe a tax increase. You can't cut taxes if you have less coming in than your spending. That's I believe what they call, "fuzzy math"! LOL

But yet, they BOTH, continue to tell people what they want to hear, instead of just 'shooting from the hip' with the truth. Obama, the one who claims he ain't a 'politition', seems pretty good at 'politics'. Telling people what they want to hear, is 'Politics 101', if you ask me.

Last edited by welder; 10-06-2008 at 08:37 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Heh? What does Hollywood has to do with the election? For the number, Mrs. Obama never said "she was never proud of America". And yes, the media is bias but that bias isn't what causing Obama's surge. So now that the polls are showing that Obama is leading in many swing states the media is now "bias" toward McCain? Where were you a month ago, when McCain has a 5 point lead when he announced Palin as his running mate?
The hollywood reference was just an anology to get my point across, that no matter how HUMBLE one's background is, people can change because of money and or power.

If you think that ANY senator ain't an ELETIST, try and go and have a 'one on one' with ANY of them. See how many will sit down at a local bar (when the cameras ain't rolling) and have a 'few' with you.

Obama's wife said, "That Obama being nominated, was the the first time that she was PROUD of America in her life"

Obama is reaping the benefits of a 'perfect storm' in terms of politics. The economy and stock market tanking is playing in his favor, BIG time. You think if the Dow Jones was at 15,000, and the national uneployment was at 4%, he'd be ahead?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM

718 posts, read 2,325,522 times
'92 presidential debate is on cspan right now, its like night and day. Progress 16 years later? I think not. The 92 candidates were much better and spoke at a higher level. No silly shout outs to 2nd graders or tangents about their "wonderful" vagrant fathers. Plus they let independent candidates debate too.

Im glad Bill doesnt like Obama. Joe Biden doesnt even like Obama, he practically has to force himself to include Obama's name in his political views while debating. This guy is a phony period. If you disagree go get some new eyeglasses and a hearing aide and pay close attention.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
'92 presidential debate is on cspan right now, its like night and day. Progress 16 years later? I think not. The 92 candidates were much better and spoke at a higher level. No silly shout outs to 2nd graders or tangents about their "wonderful" vagrant fathers. Plus they let independent candidates debate too.

Im glad Bill doesnt like Obama. Joe Biden doesnt even like Obama, he practically has to force himself to include Obama's name in his political views while debating. This guy is a phony period. If you disagree go get some new eyeglasses and a hearing aide and pay close attention.
Joe Biden doesn't like Obama? Obama is a phoney? Stop trowing around stupid claims. We need glasses if we don't agree with you? Who are you anyway?

You sound like an idiot.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Joe Biden doesn't like Obama? Obama is a phoney? Stop trowing around stupid claims. We need glasses if we don't agree with you? Who are you anyway?

You sound like an idiot.
Why? Cause he ain't backing Obama? What has Obama done? Besides run around the 'Southside' of Chicago and do 'community organizing'?(and by the way, considering how dangerous it is there on the southside, he didn't do too good of a job with that either). Chris Matthews said, "when people hear that, they think, 'Get a job' " LOL Obama is SO lucky the economy is the way it is. Under a different situation, they'd see how he's all 'style' and no 'substance'.

Mcain is a PATRIOT in every sense of the word. Short of giving his life for this country, there's not much more he could have done. Bill Clinton said numerous times how MUCH he admires Mcain (I bet more than he does Obama).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City