Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,392,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Nobody has characterized or alluded to anything regarding a Utopian environment, a wealthy enclave, or anything being positioned as such. It has been repeated quite thoroughly that the area is being repositioned as a working/middle class enclave, not that it HAS BEEN, or is gentrified. And your point, which began this discussion, was that the 1 million sf of retail/residential/College space was "not going to have a big impact on the community" which is a bizarre statement, considering the area is currently a bunch of vacant/abandoned lots. But this is all moot at this point, the real issue here is that crime is down, and the Bronx is up!
We, or at least I, was referencing the educational institution itself, not development surrounding it. The school itself is not going to have a big impact on the community, since it's a decentralized, smaller institution. That's what I said. Yes, it's been repeated, and we all know that Target and Marshalls are opening as well. But, it's a slightly skewed view, since it has not all happened, and there are still problems that are ignored. Yes, there's good, but it's not yet taken root in the community. The stadium is another mess that needs to be seen what will be the final tally, which NOBODY can say at this point, since it is an unkown entitiy. Yes, there are projections, but they are not yet rooted in fact, and they are purported to be facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 02:45 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,929 times
Hehe...no it has not all happened, however I would be happy to personally take you on a tour of what IS happening so you can see the before, and what will be there shortly. And maybe then you can have some idea of what kind of impact these significant development will have on these communities AND the borough for that matter. Your whole "this is fact, purported to be fact, not taken root" is just rhetoric with no substance. Use your brain...come SEE what is happening, and the you can make an educated statement about what IS and ISN'T happening in the community. I live here...how about you? BUT please tell me what problems are being ignored? Crime? Education? Housing? Transportation? Health? None are being ignored and are in fact being addressed in very significant ways...I can educate you about those as well.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,518 times
170 isnt bad but if you go to 170 and Walton its horrible and 170-177 are hands down some of the most dangerous blocks to ever walk on. and also valantine st. there is a little gang there called wtg i believe and they are responsible for most of their crimes i remember one day i was over there and i got robbed by some boy and he had a mask on i told him to [mod]take it off[/mod] and he did. he gave me his whole government branden cruiz and then he said whos [mod]a baby[/mod]. these kids are crazy

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-10-2009 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language, thanks.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:20 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,045,592 times
180th-184th aint too nice either.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:22 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,269,417 times
creston avenue from burnside av to fordham rd is 1 of the worst sts in the bronx...its not weed spots its weed blocks....also supermario...183 and walton, morris, creston is blood city! going over there was the only time i ever felt scared in the bronx...and i've been all over the bronx

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,045,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
creston avenue from burnside av to fordham rd is 1 of the worst sts in the bronx...its not weed spots its weed blocks....also supermario...183 and walton, morris, creston is blood city! going over there was the only time i ever felt scared in the bronx...and i've been all over the bronx
Yup. The guy who created the UBN was from 183rd and Davidson...so you could imagine the BLOOD influence in the area. But I dont know, Walton - Creston gets all the fame but I see more hustling from Aqueduct - Davidson. Once I pass Jerome on the east side I feel much safer. It is less populated and it looks nicer. But on summer nights it gets real bad.

Creston is terrible.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 PM

674 posts, read 1,813,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yup. The guy who created the UBN was from 183rd and Davidson...so you could imagine the BLOOD influence in the area. But I dont know, Walton - Creston gets all the fame but I see more hustling from Aqueduct - Davidson. Once I pass Jerome on the east side I feel much safer. It is less populated and it looks nicer. But on summer nights it gets real bad.

Creston is terrible.

How does creston look now i havent been around there in like 11 years?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

Creston is terrible.
u know what, i always passed thru west bronx, i never hung out on the blocks. but to me (davidson, grand, andrews, loring), those blocks look worse than walton, morris, creston.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:24 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
u know what, i always passed thru west bronx, i never hung out on the blocks. but to me (davidson, grand, andrews, loring), those blocks look worse than walton, morris, creston.
Morris and Creston are not nearly as bad near Fordham and above Fordham it's spotty, but around 184 and lower they are hot strips. Ghetto as hell. Kinda depressing actually.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 04-12-2009 at 12:02 PM..

Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Morris and Creston are not nearly as bad near Fordham and above Fordham it's spotty, but around 184 and lower they are hot strips. Ghetto as hell. Kinda depressing actually.
oh yeah well aware. creston and 184th was my hang-out spot in the bronx....kinda miss it actually

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City