Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best/prettiest/coolest?
Lower Manhattan skyline 61 31.77%
Midtown skyline 131 68.23%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times

Advertisements

Midtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 10:14 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,985,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeBitches View Post
Lower Manhattan doesnt have ***** on Midtown or Downtown Chicago. I think it just gets the hype cuz its in Manhattan. Midtown>>>>>>Lower Manhattan.
Hey.. I like the Chicago skyline better too, but that isn't what this thread is about.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:44 AM

33 posts, read 116,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
NYC started in lower manhattan. It does have ***** on Chicago why because it was bigger than Chicago but went below because of the lost of the WTC but when it's done as well as all the other major projects going up it will regain it's place as 2nd biggest CBD the financial district is in lower manhattan and SoHo TriBeCa etc but I'm not voting because they are both great
Pass me whatever you are smoking. There is no way that Lower Manhattan is bigger than Downtown Chicago. Lower Manhattan only looks as good as it does cuz of how it is concentrated at the edge of an island. If you put Lower Manhattan in the middle of nowhere and surrounded it by land then its an average skyline. That ***** is a glorified San Francisco. Lower Manhattan is weak and always will be weak. Lower Manhattan was garbage before 9/11 so lets not even discuss the WTC. Either way all it lost was two lego blocks that even I could have designed.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 AM

505 posts, read 1,386,769 times
Quote:
Lower Manhattan is weak and always will be weak. Lower Manhattan was garbage before 9/11 so lets not even discuss the WTC. Either way all it lost was two lego blocks that even I could have designed.
That's a pretty disrespectful and hurtful thing to say regarding what happened to our country on 9/11. I know that you're talking about the buildings, but how can you discuss them like that, saying "all we lost" were two "lego blocks" without thinking of everything and everyone else we lost on that day too?

To get back to the question, I like both Lower Manhattan and Midtown's skylines. But I think I prefer Midtown because I really like the Chrysler Building.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:14 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,985,533 times
Quote:
Pass me whatever you are smoking. There is no way that Lower Manhattan is bigger than Downtown Chicago. Lower Manhattan only looks as good as it does cuz of how it is concentrated at the edge of an island. If you put Lower Manhattan in the middle of nowhere and surrounded it by land then its an average skyline. That ***** is a glorified San Francisco. Lower Manhattan is weak and always will be weak. Lower Manhattan was garbage before 9/11 so lets not even discuss the WTC. Either way all it lost was two lego blocks that even I could have designed.

Quite honestly, the picture you posted of Lower Manhattan is not the skyline that ANYONE is going to think of when they think of Lower Manhattan. The view from the Bridge is much better. Your opinion that it's not that great is still welcome, but how dare you speak of the twin towers like that.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,303 times
Another look at the Lower Manhattan skyline. Just picture the new WTC towers and the dozens of other new buildings poping out!

Old 11-17-2008, 02:32 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,290,595 times
I like Manhattan.

But contrasting with the people here, I think Hong Kong's Skyline is best, followed by either Shanghai (the little Pudong on the River is only a fraction of the skyline) or New York...
I don't know its hard to judge places...
Anyways...

I just Like Manhattan, Midtown i pretty good too though.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:34 PM

190 posts, read 882,600 times
Did anybody know we will have 15-20 supertalls(buildings 1000ft or more) in our city. 3 of them being the worlds tallest buildings.

1 & 2 Centraltower Interstate Center; Tower 1: 3,011 ft/ 3,844 ft with pinnacle; Tower 2: 3,004 ft not sure if it has a pinnacle

Banktower 2,725ft/ 3,213ft with pinnacle

Ok some speculation on these 3 buildings. I seem to cant find anything on it so put it on hold in your mind or put it as it never existed until further notice.

Last edited by CityPolice; 11-17-2008 at 03:09 PM..

Old 11-17-2008, 03:05 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem3456 View Post
That's a pretty disrespectful and hurtful thing to say regarding what happened to our country on 9/11. I know that you're talking about the buildings, but how can you discuss them like that, saying "all we lost" were two "lego blocks" without thinking of everything and everyone else we lost on that day too?
Very well stated. Considering we're just two hours outside of Manhattan most people in my area either knew someone who perished on 9/11 or knew of someone who was affected by it. I'll never forget where I was that day (9th grade Geometry class) when we had our teacher turn our television on to observe the horrors of that fateful Tuesday morning. It was very insensitive to imply that all Manhattan lost that day was "two Lego blocks." I personally prefer Chicago's skyline to Manhattan's, hence why I won't vote here, but I just wanted to get that off of my chest.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:11 PM

190 posts, read 882,600 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City