Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:55 AM

821 posts, read 1,040,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecraw View Post
The white guy in bensonhurst would have to be an out of town liberal type. No native white new yorker would live there. The olde bensonhurst was great. You don't have too many neighborhoods like that anymore. I don't think it was so much racism, rather that we wanted to keep our nabe from becoming another bed stuy. I'm probably older than most of you.I can remember when everyone in bensonhurst knew eachother. If not,they knew your aunt,uncle,or sister. Nyc has changed so much it's awful.I think half of bensonhurst moved to staten island. East flatbush hasn't been a nice area in decades. Flatbush was once all Jewish and very nice. The people got out of there fast when they saw the direction it was going.
I'm a native white new yorker from Bensonhurst and I live in Flatbush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 01:49 PM

391 posts, read 1,249,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecraw View Post
Btw, who is biggie smalls?
a late rapper(hiphop) from bed-stuy

Old 11-22-2008, 11:41 PM

726 posts, read 2,270,087 times
There is nothing wrong with Flatbush ? Whats with the bashing.
It's not a perfect neighborhood, but what 'hoods are perfect.

I see to much generalizing in this thread. Especially from ecraw

Old 11-23-2008, 06:40 PM

354 posts, read 776,852 times
Screw reputations and perceptions. Go to the statistics themselves and the answer is there. There is no comparison to the crime levels in Bensonhurst/Bay Ridge compare to E Flatush. Here's the NYPD 2008 felonies stats for all the polie pcts in the city. I won't take the time to point out all the neighborhood precincts but E. Flatbush is one of the worst in the city for felonies and is more than double Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst. I didn't even check other types of crimes:
http://gis.nyc.gov/ops/mmr/pdftables/FELON.pdf (broken link)
My Neighborhood Statistics - Welcome

That being said, I've lived in Park Slope for 10 years and was robbed at gunpoint once. But that doesn't mean Park Slope is as crime ridden as E Flatbush just because I experienced it. Yes crime exists everywhere but not to the same extent.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,388 times
Exclamation Think a lil bit more

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
East Flatbush is primarily a Caribbean neighborhood. I heard the crime rate was high but when I went through there I saw nice houses and the area looked a lot safer than the one I came from.

Well I live right in the heart of E. Flatbush. I live on 21 an regent. Which is the most dangerous block in Flatbush...
It is a caribbean neighborhood, but dont get fooled by that. Its extremlly dangerous out here. even though i know soooooo muuccchhhh people out here (crips, bloods, folk...) i still dont risk it at certain times. Theres many crimes, lots of homicides, and fighting. If your white makes it worst, even though I have absolutly nothing against white people but many of them out here do.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 14,545 times
Sadly it's the demographics that moved into that area that have turned a nice area into Dodge City.
They will be the ruin of Brooklyn.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,828 times
don't move here i had a bad experience here and never was compensated for my damages and losses.
will i return here i try not to ever return here if i can help it. i live in a better area now.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:12 PM

281 posts, read 1,238,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila1021 View Post
Well I live right in the heart of E. Flatbush. I live on 21 an regent. Which is the most dangerous block in Flatbush...
It is a caribbean neighborhood, but dont get fooled by that. Its extremlly dangerous out here. even though i know soooooo muuccchhhh people out here (crips, bloods, folk...) i still dont risk it at certain times. Theres many crimes, lots of homicides, and fighting. If your white makes it worst, even though I have absolutly nothing against white people but many of them out here do.
A few months ago I posted asking questions about Regent Pl. I am a white guy who was thinking of investing in a multi-family building on that street closer to Flatbush Ave end. I was going to live in the top floor apt.One day I took a drive out to the local pct and asked to speak w/a community affairs officer or some term like that about crime and life in general on Regent and he laughed at me.I wasn't offended..It was good looking out.He said it was probably one of,if not the worst street in East Flatbush.If this street is so bad coming from the mouth of a cop who is a community affairs type officer than how good could the rest of the neighborhood be?? I didn't buy and won't in E.Flatbush.If you are looking to be in or around the Flatbush area think about Midwood or Marine Park.
Dude,get off Regent if you can.The cop said it has been one of the worst streets in the pct for at least 20 years!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,338,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctovt View Post
A few months ago I posted asking questions about Regent Pl. I am a white guy who was thinking of investing in a multi-family building on that street closer to Flatbush Ave end. I was going to live in the top floor apt.One day I took a drive out to the local pct and asked to speak w/a community affairs officer or some term like that about crime and life in general on Regent and he laughed at me.I wasn't offended..It was good looking out.He said it was probably one of,if not the worst street in East Flatbush.If this street is so bad coming from the mouth of a cop who is a community affairs type officer than how good could the rest of the neighborhood be?? I didn't buy and won't in E.Flatbush.If you are looking to be in or around the Flatbush area think about Midwood or Marine Park.
Dude,get off Regent if you can.The cop said it has been one of the worst streets in the pct for at least 20 years!
regent place is legendary in a bad way....by the way its in flatbush, not east flatbush.....one of the worst blocks in flatbush hands down.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-19-2015, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 769 times
I grew up in east flatbush ( newkirk ave & E flatbush) take it from me probably one of the worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn. Invest your money elsewhere. I wouldn't want to buy a house or Even raise my kids there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City