Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,340 times

Advertisements

I am in a shelter after fire destroy the house we were renting, I was selected for the pj but did not have a choice, the sent me to Odwyer Gardens, I refuse bc I didn't felt safe after losing my son 2014 n my cousin 201 to gun violence by gang member,both innocent. The then sent me to Langston Hughes, wow I refused that too they r a bout 4-5 pj in the same radius of each other, after that these ppl said I either take Tilden houses or be terminated fr the shelter. I was terminated, I am in the appeal phase now. Any comments? Fearing for my own life after my own family tragedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 01:40 PM

46 posts, read 114,341 times
Default Shame on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFuzzyBear View Post
thanks to you both! =] yea its just me and my family is asian and usually the african American don't like us Asians moving into their projects. that what some people was telling me
This statement is just so racist and ignorant. African Americans do not own the projects. And Asians are can be extremely racist. Says someone who is both. Think before you post. It is sad that all these people responded and didn't check you on it. By the way, I've worked with NYCHA data and just as many other groups live in the projects. SMH

Yes I said it.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:03 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,550,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie View Post
This statement is just so racist and ignorant. African Americans do not own the projects. And Asians are can be extremely racist. Says someone who is both. Think before you post. It is sad that all these people responded and didn't check you on it. By the way, I've worked with NYCHA data and just as many other groups live in the projects. SMH

Yes I said it.
Agreed but that was 2008.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 472 times
Amsterdam and Dyckman are good.
I've lived in both and regret transferring out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City