Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:11 PM

216 posts, read 992,710 times

Advertisements

nah, the main reason is RICO and everyone is rattin on eachother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
nah trust me on this one.

Imagine what would happen if the kids from "Growing up Gotti" were running things

Old 10-19-2007, 07:56 PM

216 posts, read 992,710 times
ok mr sarcasm.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
^^^

I wasnt

the average american kid is basically that without the media attention

Old 12-26-2007, 10:37 AM

24 posts, read 130,493 times
I don't know why, but I'm fascinated and maybe even a little enamored with the old-school italian/sicilian way of life. I like hearing about people who protect their family and who stick up for each other and respect their elders. Then, at the end of the day, go home to mama's pasta with a great sauce. Tradition was valued, nobody was a "poser," and people didn't really talk about business in public.

Isn't there anyplace like that left in America? Or is it all orange (laugh) guido's?

Old 12-26-2007, 04:48 PM

706 posts, read 3,762,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
What are the posse gangs? I don't know of them.

I think poster is referring to Jamaican Posse

Didn't they kind of play out with the fall of the crack epidemic.

There's still crack out there but nothing like the eighties and early nineties.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:51 PM

706 posts, read 3,762,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Yeah, i'm curious too. Where in Queens? I'm moving back there in about a month. I was a little kid when I lived in Middle Village, and about.com says that the mafia took care of the neighborhood in the 80s (when I was a kid) lol
I used to hear references to "racketeering" relatives

Italian kids I used to socialize with in the mid-eighties

who lived in Astoria, Queens.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,814 times
Default disgusting

have any of yous been to bensonhurst lately? bath beach? dyker heights? gravesend? mill basin? i'll even throw in cobble hill? carrol gardens? the flatlands? these are all NEIGHBORHOODS in brooklyn that still have mob presence-they may not take care of the neighborhoods like they used too-but in these areas u still dont get mulli's doin drive byes-hittin inocent ppl.
yea the places have changed -but bensonhurst is still mostly italian.. sheepshead bay may have a russian presence but the home of the RED mafia is little odessa(brighton beach).

n no its got nothin to do with how we rasie our kids. i kno a guy whos uncle is a skipper-he let his oldest son get made. not his younger son tho. capi?

what it is is that the whole dynamic of organized crime has changed. they cant be doin what they do out in the open anymore. so no-your not gonna c joey boom bots n franky no legs hangin on the corner anymore. but u can bet your ass there still there. i can think of 4 places off the top of my head that are fronts on 18th ave in bensonhurst & bath beach alone.

bensonhurst is still approx-45-50% italian, only about 20% asian, 8% hispanic, 10% russian. the rest are mixed races n a touch of irish... oh and .2% black. <-not even half of a percent. bensonhurst, bath beach n dyker heights are areas that have barely changed. yea bensonhurst used to be 80% italian when i was groin up on 78th st n 19ave-but i cant think of a single neighborhood that beats it-till 2day-county wise staten has the most italians in the country-but no 1 NEIGHBORHOOD beats bensonhurst.

queens isnt that heavey. howard beach and ozone park had there time but now there both pretty mixed. morris park in the bx n the 180's n author ave area r still pretty old school-but the rest of it -might as well get nuked. bayside queens is ok. but its no brooklyn. staten island is where alota more well off italians went but the island is so tiny there arent any REAL neighborhoods. however there ARE made guys in tottenville, port richmond, victory blvd, todt hill, n great kills.

idk who tha f you guys r- but u must NOT b from around here to even think for a second that there is NO italian mob. especially in BK. i cant even believe my eyes. who the hell do u think does those crazy christmas decorations in bensonhurst n dyker heights? arabs? blacks? russians? jews? no its italians-n a good percent of em -especially if there livin in a mansion in dyker heights BK or a mansion in Staten Is-are better then well connected. so keep on flappin you lips bout **** u dont kno. i'd love to see any of you shmucks in my neighborhood, talkin this kinda B.S.

you ppl make me sick.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:45 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,555 times
From what I've heard the BX has alot of Albanians and Italian Mafia members...

Old 04-30-2008, 08:07 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Italian mafia is still alive.. Especially in Bay Ridge, atleast that is what my ex-landlord(Italian) in Bay Ridge told me. Also you kinda have that feeling when you are walking and living in Bay Ridge, the way they keep the crime down.
Also here is news of italian mafia this year(all of them are about the same subject).
ABC News: Biggest Mafia Bust Since 'Pizza Connection'

GAMBINO FAMILY TAKEDOWN - New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City