Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 03:51 PM

67 posts, read 117,684 times

Advertisements

Good luck to anyone starting on Monday. A bit of advice. Get there early, follow instructions, and enjoy it. This could be a long lasting career for you guys. Dont be intimidated being new, just do what you're told & everything will go smoothly. Since I'm already in school, anyone coming in can DM me if they have questions about the process of school that they dont want answered on the forum. Again, good luck and welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 05:48 AM

32 posts, read 55,371 times
I too would like to wish everyone congratulations and good luck that just got in. It's very fun and challenging, it's well worth the wait to be able to have a secure career with an amazing reputable agency.
I just took my mandatory 100% necessary signal exam. I passed, one more practical to go and then I'm basically out there on my own in the "yard yx" program. Anyone ever has any questions feel free to ask.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:00 PM

Congrats @Shockoperator. Good luck in the future. Hope you got a feel for the yards you've been to. Being in B-Div, my personal favorite is Jamaica Yard. But again congrats, and have fun.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:54 PM

Thanks @westendman. here in the A, I really like corona yard so far. Not too many switches, getting used to reading the iron still, But as I was talking to some TSS', it will only come with true practice. As long as I don't split any switches, or take the wrong lineups, I'll be ok.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:37 PM

Yeah my TSS's tell me the same thing. The yards that I'm none too fond of are hand thrown yards. Reading iron has its ups & downs. You can only see so far but worse case scenario, you head into the wrong storage track & have to do an extra move to correct it. Going to be practicing layups & reverse movements this week. Should be fun.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I did that a couple weeks ago. You only end up on those wrong tracks, as long as it is a facing point. If it's a trailing point you can split it.... Your yards are a lot bigger, there are no hand throw yards in the A which is a relief. Although when we do lay ups at the 207 yard, got some there.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 AM

17 posts, read 35,596 times
Good luck to everyone starting school car today! I hope to join next month's class myself.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:06 AM

98 posts, read 191,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockoperator View Post
I too would like to wish everyone congratulations and good luck that just got in. It's very fun and challenging, it's well worth the wait to be able to have a secure career with an amazing reputable agency.
I just took my mandatory 100% necessary signal exam. I passed, one more practical to go and then I'm basically out there on my own in the "yard yx" program. Anyone ever has any questions feel free to ask.
congrats shockoperator!!!! on passing the signal exam

Old 09-29-2014, 07:10 AM

98 posts, read 191,211 times
wtf got another letter in the mail for my 3rd drug test? just took my second one on aug 20.
what is going on here? I must say this process is annoying and ridiculous.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:33 AM

27 posts, read 43,679 times
@mtahopeful, Really? i never got another letter, what's going on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City