Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:11 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,767,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
LOL, it's always black Americans people that do this. No offense, but you live in the US, where one drop of African blood makes you black. Who the hell are you to tell a Dominican that he's black? Obviously, people who look like Jose Reyes, David Ortiz, or Sammy Sosa are black. But those people do not make up the majority of the country. I'd hate to have to bring out photos to show you what the real DR looks like. Obama would not be black in the DR. He is as much white as he is black. You African American's have been brainwashed to know your place in American society. Beyonce would also not be considered black. Are you kidding me? She's obviously of mixed race. But here she has to identify with black because that's how whites keep her in place.

And-African American's are not even close to being more European than the average Dominican. That is why most dark Dominican's get confused with being "Light African Americans" right? lol.

Afro-Centrist alert!
It is bizzare, Mariah Carey is black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,271 times
Quote:
LOL, it's always black Americans people that do this. No offense, but you live in the US, where one drop of African blood makes you black. Who the hell are you to tell a Dominican that he's black? Obviously, people who look like Jose Reyes, David Ortiz, or Sammy Sosa are black. But those people do not make up the majority of the country. I'd hate to have to bring out photos to show you what the real DR looks like. Obama would not be black in the DR. He is as much white as he is black. You African American's have been brainwashed to know your place in American society. Beyonce would also not be considered black. Are you kidding me? She's obviously of mixed race. But here she has to identify with black because that's how whites keep her in place.

And-African American's are not even close to being more European than the average Dominican. That is why most dark Dominican's get confused with being "Light African Americans" right? lol.

Afro-Centrist alert!
Your just showcasing that u have no idea what black is? Only the brainwashed believe in the term "mixed"(when it comes to blk people). EVERY BLACK PERSON IS MIXED. Barack Obama is black. Theres black people who arent" mixed" thats lighter than him. Nobody is trying to force someone to be black. But if you look black your black.period. You can deny it all u want too, but in the real world their black

Not trying to say they need to identify with black american culture. And i dont think african americans care about being more european than dominicans. Nor are black americans the ones that are brainwashed

the brainwashed are those thats black as night..but speaks spanish so they consider themselves not black

Old 12-29-2010, 09:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Mariah carey father is from venezuela. He is afro venezuelan but when he immigrated to antics he anglicized his last name. I would consider mariah carey half latina and white.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,288,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Mariah Carey is about as Black as Tiger Woods.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Mariah carey is the only black girl with a thick nyc accent.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:10 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Ok and if you go by the official census, then 89% of Dominicans have European heritage. Even if it's a little high, I bet that the same number that have African heritage, have European heritage aswell. The problem with America is that they view those 80% as black, when in reality most of them are 50%-50%.

On a webiste I go to, the Dominicans there have done genetic test and they came out like this:

75% European, 20% Asian (Native), 5% African.
50% European, 41% African, 9% Taino.
50% European, 43% African, 7% Taino.

Those are off the top of my head. Dominican native blood is alive and well in some regions of the country, while almost non-existant in other regions. Keep in mind that the African also includes northern African (Egyptians, Tunisia etc) so the Sub-Saharan african component may actually be lower.

In total, if I recall, the average Dominican has more European blood than African, it's just that the African genes predominate over European, giving them a more "black" apperance.

Obama for instance is exactly 50% - 50%, and he looks black. ANd of course, there are Dominicans who are majority African (especially in the southern, eastern, and the coasts) where it's mostly black. However, the central areas predominate European blood.

We are a combination of BOTH European AND AFRICAN with some native sprinkled. That's it, nobody should force us to embrace one side, when we should embrace all of it.
It doesn't really matter if its the Sub-Saharan part or not, Africa is Africa! And by the way your stats seem a little off.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Your just showcasing that u have no idea what black is? Only the brainwashed believe in the term "mixed"(when it comes to blk people). EVERY BLACK PERSON IS MIXED. Barack Obama is black. Theres black people who arent" mixed" thats lighter than him. Nobody is trying to force someone to be black. But if you look black your black.period. You can deny it all u want too, but in the real world their black

Not trying to say they need to identify with black american culture. And i dont think african americans care about being more european than dominicans. Nor are black americans the ones that are brainwashed

the brainwashed are those thats black as night..but speaks spanish so they consider themselves not black
You're not very smart, never have been probably. Yeah, every black person is mixed, if you consider someone who is 90% black-10% white mixed that is.

I already know your an African American who has been brainwashed. Are you blind? Obama is not black.

Obviously hispanics like David Ortiz, Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez are black. They have never identify otherwise, and I wont argue against it. It's when people like Alex Rodriguez, Albert Pujols etc are called black, it's just insanity. The ODR is the biggest BS ever created by mankind. Why do you think the only country in the world who follows that BS rule is the US?

Since the DR is a very mixed country, they identify with skin tone, rather than race.

There was no ODR in DR, people were told to embrace all of their ethnic compsitions. You're really trying to impose a rule that only existed here to keep blacks in their place, on to a country that never had that problem?

Educate yourself, you've shown time and time again to be nothing but a troll.

Here read:

People of Color Who Never Felt They Were Black

Old 12-29-2010, 11:06 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It doesn't really matter if its the Sub-Saharan part or not, Africa is Africa! And by the way your stats seem a little off.
Nope. The first guy is common in the central cibao area, which is majority European. The other ones are common throughout the island.

Here, these are Dominicans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_4M...eature=related

Like I said, Dominicans come in ALL COLORS.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:54 AM

Example me. People think I'm puerto rican because of my skin color and cause of my bronx accent. Some think I'm dominican because of my hair. But no I tell them I'm guyanese descent. My dad is irish and black, and my mom is portuguese black and english. Wether black or white I have respect for my ancestral past and you guys should too. It shows you never know who gonna meet in life and fall for another lover of and opposite color.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:59 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:

Afro-Centrist alert!
what? most dark skin dominicans do not get confused as being light skin black americans

dark skin Dominicans are the way you put them. They are dark skin which means their skin is very dark.

lightskin black Americans have light skin so it would be retarded for someone to think a dark skin dominican is a lightskin black person.

so your saying people think dark skin Dominicans are light like t.i and his wife tina??? or lil flip? or rapper benzino?????

you should do some research on black groups such as creoles. Those blacks look more white then your average Hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City