Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 06:11 PM

28 posts, read 60,328 times

Advertisements

Wappingers Falls NY is a very nice, calm town. WF had a 10% increase in population since 2000. There is a Village of Wappingers Falls and a Town of Wappingers Falls. First the Town is NOT WAPPINGER, it's Wappingers or Wappingers Falls. The Village is half in the Town of Wappingers Falls an the Town of Poughkeepsie. The biggest, most crowded, and most popular road in WF is NY Route 9. Second is County Road 93 ( Myers Corners Road). Many great restaurants and shops. Beautiful spot to watch seasons change and go hiking. Definately consider WF as a place to live. Great for kids!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 AM

35 posts, read 121,320 times
I believe it is the Village of Wappingers Falls, which is half on the Town of Wappinger (No "s" on the this one) and half in the Town of Poughkeepsie. It is true that many local people say "Wappingers" for both, but that is not correct for the town or the school district. Just drive by the town hall or look at the next town tax bill and see the correct spelling for the town. Confusion also comes from mail for town which is delivered from the Wappingers Falls post office. Still is a nice place with many good restaurants in the area.

SEE: Town of Wappinger - Dutchess County, New York

Old 06-26-2012, 08:42 AM

I have lived in Wappingers Falls (town) for 10+ years. It is WAPPINGERS FALLS. (TOWN AND VILLAGE)!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 09:27 PM

35 posts, read 121,320 times
Gee, I'll have to tell the Wappinger Town Hall that they have the wrong name on their sign!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 AM

Ohhhh! I am so sorry. I am confusing it with the village! My apologies!! I am used to call the town "Wappingers". I kept thinking of Wappingers Falls.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:42 PM

21 posts, read 62,319 times
Town= no S
Village= with S
Read a map people!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York