Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 12:47 PM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
To take it back to the OP, crime is up. The no bail laws, biased judges have allowed the criminals to feel emboldened, so they will continue to commit crimes, and maybe more violent the next time.

When Rudy Guliani first became mayor of NYC, he instituted a "broken window" law, where crime was delt with at lower degrees, and stopped more violent crimes. We are now doing just the opposite.
I agree.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 01:05 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmosquitox View Post
Crime is literally dropping to pre-pandemic levels, which were already significantly lower than the peaks of the 80's and 90's. If you want crime to drop to an even lower level, then you'll need to target the causation of crime: poverty. Poverty is what drives people to join gangs, steal to survive, and normalize chaos. Since you're all afraid of crime and want it stopped, I'm sure you'll support things that'll reduce crime like safe and affordable access to abortions, childcare, paid parental leave, higher minimum wages, more investment into affordable housing (prioritizing making home ownership more accessible), incentivizing more grocery stores in food desserts or community gardening.

You'll support these things to reduce crime right?
I was going to say that in terms of crime rates and there is information in other threads about this.

Here is some data(not opinions/feelings) that is interesting, especially given that many of the people posting live in upstate NY: https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...-new-york--nyc

For NYC: https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nyc-crim...statistics.amp

Is it perfect? Of course not, but I think the data shows that the rates need to be put into proper perspective.

Old 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I left NY because of all the stupid policies put forth by our Govenor. Between what's happening in NYC and this weekend at Batavia - we have to arrest and hold these criminals accountable. People - it's time to wake up and speak up. I still am in contact with many of the police officers protecting NY citizens and it's
disgusting to talk them and realize their frustration with not being able to take criminals off the street. They're given an appearance ticket and go right back and commit another crime. When are you going to say enough. Vote for candidates that will protect you or before you know it Buffalo will look just like NYC - you;ll be afraid to walk the streets.

[url]https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/veteran-n-y-sheriff-sergeant-174122196.html[/url]
"vote for candidates that will protect you". Well, that's part of the problem. How credible are elections to begin with?

Old 03-17-2024, 04:40 PM

5,679 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmosquitox View Post
Crime is literally dropping to pre-pandemic levels, which were already significantly lower than the peaks of the 80's and 90's. If you want crime to drop to an even lower level, then you'll need to target the causation of crime: poverty. Poverty is what drives people to join gangs, steal to survive, and normalize chaos. Since you're all afraid of crime and want it stopped, I'm sure you'll support things that'll reduce crime like safe and affordable access to abortions, childcare, paid parental leave, higher minimum wages, more investment into affordable housing (prioritizing making home ownership more accessible), incentivizing more grocery stores in food desserts or community gardening.

You'll support these things to reduce crime right?
Taxpayers provide for a K-12 education and more. That's about a quarter of million dollars invested in inner city youth. Not to mention section 8, span, heep, and many other forms of welfare.

Poverty is your own fault. Don't for one minute try to blame those that have provided so much for you. What causes kids to join gangs is the lack of a father at home!!!

In short, it's all the excuses, and the apologists that tell you it's not your fault. In 99% of the time, it IS your fault. Time to grow up.

Old 03-17-2024, 04:41 PM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Taxpayers provide for a K-12 education and more. That's about a quarter of million dollars invested in inner city youth. Not to mention section 8, span, heep, and many other forms of welfare.

Poverty is your own fault. Don't for one minute try to blame those that have provided so much for you. What causes kids to join gangs is the lack of a father at home!!!

In short, it's all the excuses, and the apologists that tell you it's not your fault. In 99% of the time, it IS your fault. Time to grow up.

Old 03-17-2024, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

Here is some data(not opinions/feelings) that is interesting, especially given that many of the people posting live in upstate NY: https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...-new-york--nyc
Feelings..haha. That's your point of view.

Facts, ONLY. Thank you.

Old 03-17-2024, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic 647 View Post
"vote for candidates that will protect you". Well, that's part of the problem. How credible are elections to begin with?
Reagan said the worst 9 words were "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". As far as election integrity, Hillary is still complaining about 2016. Even after spying onTrump.

Old 03-17-2024, 06:36 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Feelings..haha. That's your point of view.

Facts, ONLY. Thank you.
Which I provided, but you have to actually read what is posted.

Old 03-18-2024, 04:34 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
God bless your heart ckh - you are exactly the type of voter and prey criminals want - those that are clueless because they only listen to liberal talking points. Why is crime down - because they plea bargain everything - all you have to do is talk to a cop or listen to a police scanner. Numbers are fudged ckh - hate to break it to you. You take care and be mindful of everything around you.
The plea bargaining has to stop. DA's like it because they can get a near 99% conviction rate. So they look tough on crime. But if you are letting the perp right back out on the street and now with situations of no bail required the perp literally has no punishment at all. There is no deterrent to keep doing the same thing. And its not just a NYC thing. Here is rural Oklahoma you do have to post bail but they end up with a plea deal and suspended sentence. Most time they will spend in jail is about 60 days. And get out and they keep committing crimes.

I say repeat offenders. I don't care if its stealing a bottle of water from a store. 5 years in prison. You get one chance to straighten up. If every city and county did that. Crime would plummet.

Old 03-18-2024, 07:55 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
These clowns play games with numbers.
Crime is absolutely not down. They are full of crap and know how to distort numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York