Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:20 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,677,856 times

Advertisements

During Christmas/New Years eve of 1972 when I was 10 I stayed at a Deer Park Lodge hotel/resort in Cuddebackville, somewhere near Otisville. Does anyone know if it's still there, how long it lasted, where exactly it is?

And is the Homowack Hotel in Spring Glen still there too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 09:29 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
According to Google Homowack is still there, see link Homowack Kosher Resort Hotel - Catskills, Spring Glen NY (http://www.braintoaster.com/homowack/main.html - broken link) .

Deer Park I don't recognize.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 10,484 times
Default Deerpark Farms Resort

Shut down 15 years ago, but all the buildings are still there. Bought up by Falun Gong Chinese practitioners for renovation. Address 361 Galley Hill Road, Cuddebackville, NY 12729

Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,677,856 times
Default hey

thanks for the info!!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
jg4

1 posts, read 10,305 times
Default deerpark resort

Last year they took down all but 1 building. There is still evidence of the old basketball courts and playgrounds. Until recently you could also see where the old pool was. I actually live on the same block and always think about the place would have been like in it's day.

What do you remember about it?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 10,049 times
I am now 43 years old. My family along with 11 other families went to Deerpark, every summer and a few winters until I was about 12. I would love a place like that to take my kids. I have many happy memories going there. The camp for the kids, crafts, swimming, horseback riding, ping-pong, eating separately from the adults, the play we put on at the end of the week, the list could on and on. It really was the best place to go!

Old 12-10-2009, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,849 times
I used to go there (DPF) with my parents, back in the mid 60s. I recall it was run by the Monsiuer (spelling) family. I used to hang out with their daughter, Arian or Ariel- something. Lots of great memories.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 9,359 times
Default Deer Park Lodge...

I remember when I was a child, approximately 11-12 years old, (I am 42 now) my family and friends of my family went to Deer Park Lodge for a couple of summers in a row, and I remember well, the camp that they had for the kids, and I remember the play well too. One summer I remember being in the play, that the kids put on. I also remember the small kids' dining room, that was separate from where the adults ate. I even remember the waiters, one was Mitch and the other was Riff. My late father called the adult dining room, "The Flypaper Room", because of the flypaper hanging in parts of the dining room. Then when I was 15, I went back there on a weekend retreat with my hebrew school class. Ahhh, fond memories.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 11,876 times
I worked at DPL from about 1970 until around 1975 every summer, Christmas and a few Easters. It was run by Romeo and Hanni Moncheur and they had a daughter named Arianne and a son, Danny. It was a terrrific family destination and I have many wonderful memories of the place and the people there. Romeo's brother and sister-in-law Jules and Claire also helped run the place and Romeo had pet German shepards that were the loves of his life. He used to make announcements over the loudspeaker for campfires, volleyball games, etc. I could go on forever. There was a counselor who worked there named Hildy. If anyone knows her, plse be in touch. thanks.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 11,485 times
OMG...We went there for years (every summer) in the 70's also. I was just telling my neice about it the other day. Told her to ask her father if it was still there. Do you remember the 3 legged dog? I wish it was still there. I would love to go again. Wish I still had the pennies we put on the railroad tracks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York