Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,997,783 times

Advertisements

Honestly, this whole story is confusing.

Sweet, I also agree that this is one confusing bromance of sorts.

The solution is simple really: if you don't want to associate yourself with him, then don't and delete him off your friend's list. Your life won't spiral down hill forever because you delete the guy of your list.

You're not gonna get along with everybody in the world and at some point you will find those who you do get along with and will be good friends with. But you also have to do the same in return. If you want a great friend, you need to be a great friend also.

[mod cut]

Last edited by mrstewart; 04-17-2011 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:00 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,552,178 times
To the OP......I think maybe you should ask about your "friend" in the Gay Chat thread.......because as a guy yourself you seem WAY more interested in your male friend than just a platonic friendship.

You're not going to.......IMHO.......get the advice you seek by posting this type of confusing and obtuse thread in this fashion.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:01 PM

461 posts, read 783,269 times
quote: "he barely showed any interest when we came back from the Xmas break even though I was talking more. I wanna delete him so hopefully he'll drop out of my head. He's ticked me off so muchthat normally if I already had 1 friend, I wouldn't be so forgiving and accepting for all the crap he pulled. We barely even talk on Facebook. I try to say somethin to him and he's like 'hey i'm busy, talk to u later".

My life would be way better off I think if I just threw him out completely. It'll be easier on my mind and sanity." end quote

So ignore/delete whatever he doesn't care. The question is why is this non-friendship driving you crazy?
Make friends with people you actually like because calling someone a friend doesn't make them one.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,588,017 times
****, I'm a lonewolf, and even I can tell you, a "friend" who makes you lack the need of an enemy is no friend. You shouldn't waste space for people who aren't anything but trouble.

In an analogy, if your yard is full of bad weeds, you're not gonna have spqace for your beautiful flowers to grow. So get rid of the bad weeds, plow up the yard and get some plant nutrition in there with some seeds for the desired plants and you'll see them come growing soon enough.

If you're in any part of the educational system there are plenty of people who come new to it every year who are looking for people to socialize with. Strategy here is to get a finger in as many little jars of cookies as possible(so don't just join 1 club and go all in on it, get lose glide around a bit), and you'll find a cookie here and a cookie there that is of interest.

Once you've made a number of acquaintances some of them will grow into weaker friendships, and a few into stronger friendships. Once you have a network of people who are both closer and further away from you it's easier to let more compatible people flow closer and let incompatible people fade into acquaintances.

In your case this means dropping the dude who has obviously dropped you. Make some space for people you're compatible with and let them take part in something they should be excited about, learning more about you, and the opportunities to share new experiences together

Unless you're a stuck-up heartless *****, you should run into more and more new people. And most people are generally decent people once you get to know them, but only some of them will be compatible as friends, and the further in to the trust circles you go the fewer people will be mutually compatible.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:40 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,470,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I honestly never realized that bromance was so complicated. Geez.
When you're a pre-teen / teenager, everything is so complicated. Grown-ups just can't understand.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:07 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,312,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
Okay, but that doesn't answer my question at all. How would you analyze the situations I mentioned?
I wouldn't.

Analyze it, I mean.

Let it be. If you don't like having him as a FB friend, block him.

Since you're in school together, unless he does something terrible to you, why not just leave him on your list?

Doesn't mean you hafta talk to him on FB.

Don't make something simple into something complicated.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:20 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,552,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When you're a pre-teen / teenager, everything is so complicated. Grown-ups just can't understand.
I think you are right since grown ups were born at 30 years of age and were never teenagers or preteens themselves.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Growns ups can understand because we were all pre-teens and teenagers once but some of us knew that you can immerse yourself in a lot of drama or choose not to do so.

My advice, tell all your fb friends bye and that your'e going to pursue some kind of real life now.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:50 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,965,966 times
The OP seems like an anti-social jerk. Just delete the "friend" im sure he won't care.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,465,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm really confused by your post. First you say that you never really cared that much about being friends with him in the first place and he doesn't sound like he was much of a friend to you anyways, yet you can't get him out of your head??? If you aren't interested in being friends with him and you don't communicate with him on Facebook, just delete him.
I have a 14 year old to have these kinds of conversations with...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships