Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:49 AM

433 posts, read 1,370,311 times

Advertisements

There's this "friend" I have that I met from school. He pretty much drove me up the wall while we were trying to make friends, making it nearly impossible to communicate. I only wanted to be friends with him because everyone else was picking on me or weren't really available to talk to much. I let him know on the last day of class before the Christmas holidays that I have trouble socializing and it was nothing personal against him. He accepted it and then I asked him if I could join him on anything he's doing during the Xmas break. He said no cuz he was busy which I accepted.

The school course is over now, and this guy is freakin taking over my mind. I have no other friends, but I am working on making new friends like at my new job and I'll be going out to volunteer and join clubs.

I have this guy I mentioned above on my Facebook and I really wanna delete him but I'm not sure cuz then it'll be hard to turn back and explain myself. Imean, he barely showed any interest when we came back from the Xmas break even though I was talking more. I wanna delete him so hopefully he'll drop out of my head. He's ticked me off so much that normally if I already had 1 friend, I wouldn't be so forgiving and accepting for all the crap he pulled. We barely even talk on Facebook. I try to say somethin to him and he's like 'hey i'm busy, talk to u later".

My life would be way better off I think if I just threw him out completely. It'll be easier on my mind and sanity. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 10:58 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,905 times
Just delete him and your facebook account totally...this doesn't make sense...all you have to do is press delete and not let this ruin your life.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:02 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
The school course is over now, and this guy is freakin taking over my mind. I have no other friends, but I am working on making new friends like at my new job and I'll be going out to volunteer and join clubs.
I'm really confused by your post. First you say that you never really cared that much about being friends with him in the first place and he doesn't sound like he was much of a friend to you anyways, yet you can't get him out of your head??? If you aren't interested in being friends with him and you don't communicate with him on Facebook, just delete him.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Just delete him and your facebook account totally...this doesn't make sense...all you have to do is press delete and not let this ruin your life.
Yep...delete.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Why even my whole Facebook account? I have other people on it.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:13 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times

Old 04-16-2011, 11:14 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm really confused by your post. First you say that you never really cared that much about being friends with him in the first place and he doesn't sound like he was much of a friend to you anyways, yet you can't get him out of your head??? If you aren't interested in being friends with him and you don't communicate with him on Facebook, just delete him.
Yeah, I was sort of confused too by the OP's post. There an option of blocking the person too on FB When there is someone I no longer want on there, I delete

Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,905 times
I delete people off my facebook all the time and I sure they don't even notice it. I won't let some pesky guy get on my last nerve. I am saving your sanity so you don't have to go through this again so delete the whole account.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 AM

165 posts, read 588,808 times
Delete him. There are people out there that deserve to be your friend!!!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Let me add in that were also good acquaintances at the beginning. But then one day I scoffed at him when he came and tried to cheer me up when he saw me in a bad mood and everything started going downhill from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships