Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 AM

3,181 posts, read 5,175,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Ever since the ole waistline got down to 24 inches or so I haven't heard the end of it everywhere I go. He is especially angry that I have lost weight, is in total denial about it as far as I can tell. I've replayed conversations we've had for years and he has never approved of my body though I've never weighed more than 102 or worn a jean size larger than 26. Have been in a size 24/25 on average for years yet he insists I am "big".

I'm thinking like everyone else on this thread. Why are you friends with this guy? He thinks your fat at that weight? Then when you lose even more he seems nastier. Sounds like a very likable guy. It sounds to me like it is more "his" issue than yours. Unhappy people tend to attempt to make other people miserable. I think your friend is a very unhappy person. You should turn the tables around on him. Next time he say's something. Say, "is there anything you want to talk about"? When he says, "what do you mean"? Then you can say, "I've noticed that you always seem very obsessed with how I look and you have no problem letting me know it". Why can't you just like me for me instead of always tearing me down? Did someone hurt you when you were younger? "Are there things about you that I don't know about"? There has to be a reason why you are so blatantly insensitive. If I didn't know any better I would think you're an a-hole"!

Then see where douche bag takes the conversation. Don't worry about it ending your friendship either, because he isn't much of a friend..At least you'll put him in his "rightful" place and then from that moment you can move on..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 10:57 AM

72 posts, read 88,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I had a male friends that would make negative comment about my weight too like thunder thighs or whatever b/c they think it's a joke. they don't care that it's not considered a joke. they also like to embarrass you in a group of other male friends and women for two reasons. first one: they want the other guys to know they are not sexually/romantically interested in you. give them an ego boost to just randomly put somebody down. and also to let the other women in the group know you're not their type, especially if the other women are more attractive then U. anyways, i am hip to all their little games.
women do this to shorter men all the time.....yes in front of their female friends also......touche

Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,627,783 times
Quote:
He's gotten pretty nasty about it though this is how he has always been in regards to my weight. I'm pretty small- a size 0 or 1 at the biggest but he insists I am a size 2 and have an "average" body fat % above 25% when in reality I maintain a % that is clearly under 25% considering I have 23-24 inch waist and my thighs don't touch.
Any insights about why this man is such an a-hole to me? He brings my weight up constantly, claiming that I am "heavy".
You can be a 0, 1, 2 or whatever and still be flabby.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM

6,587 posts, read 17,600,848 times
If this guy was a real friend, he wouldn't comment on your weight no matter what it is. If you were very overweight, with its accompanying potential health issues, then I could see him mentioning it once. That's it. A true friend doesn't joke about such things, or even comment about them constantly. He's putting you down, and making himself look like an idiot in the process.

I have friends who are seriously overweight. They bring it up from time to time. I never do; I figure this is their fight, not mine. Who said that If I choose to be friends with them, that gives me the right to put them down all the time until they get thin enough to suit my specifications?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 PM

635 posts, read 1,662,911 times
Quote:
He's gotten pretty nasty about it though this is how he has always been in regards to my weight. I'm pretty small- a size 0 or 1 at the biggest but he insists I am a size 2 and have an "average" body fat % above 25% when in reality I maintain a % that is clearly under 25% considering I have 23-24 inch waist and my thighs don't touch.
Any insights about why this man is such an a-hole to me? He brings my weight up constantly, claiming that I am "heavy".
I'm confused...are you saying that he is saying your "heavy" or are those your words? Another thing..if he's getting nasty about, why do you consider him a friend still?

Old 05-12-2012, 02:52 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,878,304 times
I had an ex that would do that to me to. I was 5'3 and 95 lbs so I knew intellectually it wasn't true. He was trying to break my confidence and make me dependant on him. He would also try to make me think no one else would be interested in me.

Now he is my ex and I'm quite happy even though I no longer weigh 95. There are many fish in the sea. If this one leaves a bad taste in your mouth throw him back. He doesn't deserve you. In friendships people should be helping you find the best within yourself, not tearing you down. And vice-versa.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:01 PM

64 posts, read 131,811 times
You are clearly not overweight and you've also got me wondering how come you might even consider that you are. Are you romantically intyerested in this guy??
It reminds me a whole lot of when I had a boyfriend who constantly poked fun of me about my weight and eventually told me I needed to lose weight. I was age 20, height 5, 4 and about 130 lbs - I worked on a farm for heavens sake and I was in good shape and healthy.
His problem was that he'd been married before and his ex had put on a lot of weight after marriage so he had an "issue" with it. I went on a crash diet, barely ate and would have to steady myself when I stood up because I got dizzy. People I worked with were worried about me and wanted to buy me food. I got down to 108 lbs. He had me stand in front of a window so he could see if there was a gap between my legs. He then decided I was slightly underweight!
I put up with it because I was young, dumb and in love. I married the idiot and was miserable for 5 of the 6 years! One idiot marrying the other! Run very fast from this control freak. That's what this is all about: CONTROL. And he will try to control every aspect of your relationship. You both have a problem. Did I say run!

Old 05-13-2012, 02:59 PM

52,503 posts, read 53,050,595 times
Tell him to go pound sand.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 PM

97 posts, read 181,289 times
Please forgive me but your a size 0 or 2 and your "friend" calls you 'fat"? please forgive me but you don't have a friend. Please find someone who appreciates you for who you are.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:11 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,349,409 times
Quote:
This is not a friend. Why would you allow someone to mistreat you. End this connection. Friends are supportive, honest when you ask, and not insulting. You just need to stop considering this person a friend. This is my opinion. And, do not let what he says affect you. These are his issues, not yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships