Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the "Friend Zone"?
Yes 34 55.74%
No 20 32.79%
Somewhat 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,348,331 times

Advertisements

I know it's possible to get out of it, if it even exists.

Two of my friends got married earlier this year. They were best friends for years. Each dated other people, but they still saw each other at races, parties, etc. I'm not sure when things changed but suddenly their FB statuses went to "in a relationship" with each other, then engaged and then married. They are so happy together.

Another couple I know just got engaged. I didn't even know they were dating because I thought they were just best friends. I thought she had another boyfriend but apparently that had been over for a while. When she announced their engagement on Facebook, she got so many comments like "it's about time" and "I knew it", and "I always wondered why you weren't together sooner". I guess the soon-to-be bride was the last to figure it out. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,129,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Exactly... many of the long lasting relationships were people who were bestfriends.

As for the Mars thing "Raena77" I probably look stupid right now but I don't get it lol. Might be having a bit of a slow moment right now lol.

"Nyanna" but that can change if a guy wants it bad enough. I know that much because I used to do it to my female friends for fun in high school.
You would friendzone them? This term isn't used in my culture and I never heard of it until I came online. I looked it up and discovered it was coined by the show "Friends" something I never watched before. If somebody doesn't like you, and would rather be friends then you would have to suck it up and find somebody else. Keep the friendship. But its foolish to watch somebody else date and live their life while you are pinning over somebody who don't want you. I have never been in a situation like that. I dont really make male friends and the few I did have there was nothing they could have done to make me want them because I wasn't interested in them romantically. so they would have waited their whole lives and still never won me over if they were interested in me

Old 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM

37,760 posts, read 46,236,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
People say once you are in it, it is difficult or impossible to get out and move futher. Personally, I call BS. I hardly believe in it. I say, if you are stuck in the so called "friend zone" you can get out anytime if you put your mind to it. But that's just my take on it. What do you think?
No such thing as "friend zone". It's a tiresome expression used by disgruntled guys.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,984,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No such thing as "friend zone". It's a tiresome expression used by disgruntled guys.
Hmmm interesting Chessie-son.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,936,945 times
Chessie mom is absolutely right!
Men and women are either a couple, or non friends.
That is just the way it is.
So if a woman says "I think we should just be friends", she
is letting you down nicely.
Come on guys, you don't want a woman to be your friend, do you?
Be honest.
I have never had a man as just a friend. Ever.
I have women friends, but not men.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
Chessie mom is absolutely right!
Men and women are either a couple, or non friends.
That is just the way it is.
So if a woman says "I think we should just be friends", she
is letting you down nicely.
Come on guys, you don't want a woman to be your friend, do you?
Be honest.
I have never had a man as just a friend. Ever.
I have women friends, but not men.
But what if you started out as old high school buddies....then thought later damn I want to date him. And he feels the same way. What then?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,042,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Dunno about me being disgruntled, but I'm certainly a guy who says it does exist.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Dunno about me being disgruntled, but I'm certainly a guy who says it does exist.
That's what I am saying.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 PM

37,760 posts, read 46,236,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
But what if you started out as old high school buddies....then thought later damn I want to date him. And he feels the same way. What then?
What does that have to do with it? You either want to be with someone, or you don't. Attraction and timing - that is all that matters. You can be friends for years and years...and wind up married. No one is ever "stuck" in some stupid "friend zone". What nonsense.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,793,058 times
Why would you want to hang around a woman who will not put out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships