Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the homo sapiens breeding programme be successful at the alien zoo?
Yes 9 37.50%
No 9 37.50%
Unsure 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:19 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,400,927 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure. I think that people who are about equally attractive hook up, but it doesn't guarantee that ALL attractive people will find EACH OTHER attractive.

If you want a SoCal perspective on it, the surfer chick and the Ken doll do NOT generally hook up. Instead, what you are more likely to see are pairings like these (about 5 times as often). With Tico and Eva, they didn't make it long-term, but as they say, "that's show business."

http://www.famouswhy.com/photos/eva_...torres_img.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 PM

691 posts, read 1,428,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No, Trimac. You are spending your LIFE online. I just hate seeing people such as yourself waste your life away asking questions about things that you ought to be out experiencing.
And just how you going to make that possible for him?

Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 PM

37,655 posts, read 46,092,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
And just how you going to make that possible for him?
And just why would you think that I could?

Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not making excuses, but there certain things, such as my current life situation, which make actually going out, dating.etc difficult for me. I do definitely want to cut down spending time on the internet, though, but I also have the right to post topics on here.
Of course you do. Good LORD. No one said anything to the contrary. But man...you really need to get offline...at least get off of this forum....for some length of time. You seem to spend your time just sitting at the computer trying to think up new topics to post here. It's not healthy. Just sayin'.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 PM

691 posts, read 1,428,411 times
Quote:
And just why would you think that I could?
Exactly my point. You can't, yet you condescendingly tell him to "get a life" like it's real easy to do. For the past couple of months I've been stuck in a similar situation he is right now...it sucks. Posting here is a good way to kill time, hell at least he's keeping out of trouble.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Exactly my point. You can't, yet you tell to "get a life" like it's real easy to do. For the past couple of months I've been stuck in a similar situation he is right now...it sucks. Posting here is a good way to kill time, hell at least he's keeping out of trouble.
I never implied that I personally could do anything for anyone. Get off your short horse. The guy posts incessantly here...and frequently with such questions that are obviously posed just to get posts on a thread...for no other reason. It truly isn't healthy...and it certainly is NOT a good way to "kill time". Frankly, I kinda have a soft spot for him...and I truly wish he could find other avenues to exercise his brain cells in a more productive manner.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,119,540 times
Quote:

Of course they could easily grow to HATE each other, but what I'm asking is whether it's natural to eventually cave in and get on with it for the species, and whether that includes the development of romantic feelings or just physical.
I'm a little unclear on what you're asking, so I'll give you 2 answers...

1) Yes, looks is all it takes. From what I have seen physical attraction is the pivotal factor in people picking mates. So, if you stick 2 people in a cage and they are attracted to each other, they are likely to get it on.

2) If you stick 2 people alone together for long enough, you will find that you either grow to really like the person or absolutely detest them. There's not too much in between. Most people have common ground when it comes to dealing with human issues, and when you share enough of these issues over time, you grow to really like the person. Case in point. I was 'stuck' with a woman who I didn't have much in common with and after much time, grew to appreciate her as a more caring, thoughtful, and smarter person than originally I thought. Of course, I fell in love with her, and she rejected me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'm not sure. I think that people who are about equally attractive hook up, but it doesn't guarantee that ALL attractive people will find EACH OTHER attractive.

If you want a SoCal perspective on it, the surfer chick and the Ken doll do NOT generally hook up. Instead, what you are more likely to see are pairings like these (about 5 times as often). With Tico and Eva, they didn't make it long-term, but as they say, "that's show business."

http://www.famouswhy.com/photos/eva_...torres_img.jpg
They're not even that far off. She's just a lot taller. He ain't bad looking though. There's better examples than that.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,495,400 times
Quote:
Hypothetical: if a decent looking man and a decent looking woman spent enough time together...
Go outside, look around. See all those average looking couples out and about? They did it.

[no zoo required]

Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,406,228 times
Quote:
I never implied that I personally could do anything for anyone. Get off your short horse. The guy posts incessantly here...and frequently with such questions that are obviously posed just to get posts on a thread...for no other reason. It truly isn't healthy...and it certainly is NOT a good way to "kill time". Frankly, I kinda have a soft spot for him...and I truly wish he could find other avenues to exercise his brain cells in a more productive manner.
I don't see the problem. You can always just ignore his posts.

I find it difficult to go out too for various reasons. I don't post here as much, but honestly, if it weren't for the internet, I would have lost my mind long ago. At least he posts interesting and thought pricking topics, rather than some of the nonsensical rubbish I see posted here all the time by other "regulars".

It's also much harder to make friends than it used to be. Don't blame Tri, blame the crappy-ass, selfish, materialistic "you must bring something to the table" society we live in.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:39 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,038,344 times
LOL, looks like I'm the only one that voted "no".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships