Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,225,721 times

Advertisements

It will really be a buzz killer when he sees your friend drive up in a police car tonight. Bet the boy scout could have sold a ton of caramel corn to the guy!

Waiting to hear the rest of the story.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 11:16 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,538,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
It will really be a buzz killer when he sees your friend drive up in a police car tonight. Bet the boy scout could have sold a ton of caramel corn to the guy!

Waiting to hear the rest of the story.....
There won't be a car....but it will be more relaxing for me to have a man around for an evening.

Last night...if you had been listening inside my house you would have heard

thumpthumpthumpthump (she runs into the bedroom & peaks out the blinds) thumpthumpthump (she runs back into the livingroom & looks out the front window)...I was nervous, but it was exciting...this is a VERY sleepy town. Nothing ever happens here.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,589,306 times
Just went through all 7 pages of this thread, sooooooo, did he get evicted? I was thinking as I was reading do you suppose that it was kids from the neighborhood? Sometimes they get a little bored with life and take something just to be cute. At this point I'd forget about getting the pillow back and go buy a new one........sorry for the lose of the one your mom made
love the story.......keep us informed of all surveillance/activity.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM

788 posts, read 2,112,427 times
what happened?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,538,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
what happened?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
I know! I know!

It's been such a stressful day. I filled in the rental inspectors about the pillow. I know them quite well and they know I'm not nuts, lol. Anyway, they inspected my house and then went next door...

Came back and said that he didn't have much over there...but no pillow.

I heard my landlord talking to him about the narcotics. He's denying everything. I think he's going to get away with it and STAY!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,225,721 times
Do you have the same landlord? Who are the rental inspectors? I'm so confused....

Is her place zoned as a boarding house? That wouldn't be permitted in many neighborhoods.

Okay, so he didn't steal the pillow....wonder what he thought when he saw your sign: "A clear conscious makes a good pillow." I mean, if he was high and read that, maybe that's why he approached you on the porch....LOL, it could be like a sit com, with the perspectives of two separate people...

Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,376,931 times
I still say you should do the whole... "go around the neighborhood and staple up flyers with a picture of the missing pillow with the caption "Have You Seen Me" thing. Just for kicks n' giggles.

Keep us informed!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 AM

788 posts, read 2,112,427 times
use a roach clip to fasten it to the telephone poles!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:46 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,006,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
use a roach clip to fasten it to the telephone poles!

LOL!! ILTB, you are rippin' this morning!!

Main Street, I know it's nearly impossible, but could the landlord/lady/person find some other reason to break the lease? I wonder if they are leased monthly? It almost sounds like it could be a week to week thing there. How did a small town, quiet street end up with a flop house? Would zoning help you in any way? Could you start filing complaints with the town/city about such a business in a residential zone?

Yeah. I'm being mean and reaching, but you should be able to have peace and feel safe in your own home.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,272,125 times
Three letters: G P S
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships