Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,486,647 times

Advertisements

I actually do think it makes a difference is it is two guys. I might be biased, but I feel females are more emotional than most males and can get really feely really fast. From all the gay guys I know, it doesn't seem that way with them. They are more able to just have a one time thing and not get attached and remain friends. I really don't understand a lot of gay male relationships, they just don't make sense what they do and how they treat each other...it's just different than what i see in heterosexual and lesbian relationships. I am of course stereotyping as I also know gay males in happy committed long term relationships, but it seems that that doesn't happen until they get older...it's like they need to get something out of their system in the their 20's and 30's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM

555 posts, read 1,185,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
I actually do think it makes a difference is it is two guys. I might be biased, but I feel females are more emotional than most males and can get really feely really fast. From all the gay guys I know, it doesn't seem that way with them. They are more able to just have a one time thing and not get attached and remain friends. I really don't understand a lot of gay male relationships, they just don't make sense what they do and how they treat each other...it's just different than what i see in heterosexual and lesbian relationships. I am of course stereotyping as I also know gay males in happy committed long term relationships, but it seems that that doesn't happen until they get older...it's like they need to get something out of their system in the their 20's and 30's.
I am a gay male, and I am not saying this about ALL relationships but the ones I have seen work for a long time have usually at one point or another have been open relationships. I also agree that sex not always but sometimes can be brushed asidied, but again not always and when it is not friendships go down the drain.

As far as dating, I dont know if I see it. One of those, attracted but to many different things including those who know gay relationships- we both play the dominant role to put it politely

Old 09-07-2012, 12:28 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,512,518 times
I think that would be the quickest way to ruin your friendship.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times
Since you put this in the non-romantic forum......take the hint and leave the relationship where it belongs...in the non-romantic area.
Good friends are hard to find. One-nighters aren't.
If you want a way to quell the twinges of attraction, imagine an hour or so fighting over who's going to play the 'submissive' role , to put it politely.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:59 PM

555 posts, read 1,185,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Since you put this in the non-romantic forum......take the hint and leave the relationship where it belongs...in the non-romantic area.MEOOOOOOOW LOL
Good friends are hard to find. One-nighters aren't.
If you want a way to quell the twinges of attraction, imagine an hour or so fighting over who's going to play the 'submissive' role , to put it politely.
I would win

Well sorry to ask a question that got your La Perlas in a bunch honey..lol
If it was not in the right area I am sure the mods would of moved and I would of gladly accepted it.

Now smile

Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
I would win

Well sorry to ask a question that got your La Perlas in a bunch honey..lol
If it was not in the right area I am sure the mods would of moved and I would of gladly accepted it.

Now smile
Ahh..you totally misunderstood my intention in mentioning which forum it should be in.
Try reading it again.
(Hint...it should be in this one because you should keep it as a platonic relationship)

Old 09-08-2012, 12:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
I don't think that's always the case. I know arguments of gays - both men and women -- can get very emotional. Break ups can become very spiteful and violent.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:08 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,948,345 times
I notice more of my gay friends are friends with their exes than my straight friends....

Old 09-11-2012, 02:55 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,314,956 times
Nyc77...no, it doesn't always ruin the friendship....but it might....is that a chance you're willing to take?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships