Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times

Advertisements

why do people ask "how are you"? do they REALLY want to know? Should I give them a morning commentary?

Why do people say Hi, and then when you say hi, they have to add in the "how are you". I've already given them one answer and now they want another when I am not awake yet in the morning.

Why does this bug me?

lol... i'm half serious with this post.

when I've given my hi, and they ask me how are you, i consider it a rhetorical question and i dont answer them, but they still keep on doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
When I ask how someone is doing, I want the real answer.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:57 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
Well - about the adoption question - I have one biological child and one adopted child - they are both sweet and living and I love them equally - the adopted one is advanced, perfectly behaved while the biological one has more problems - it is a crapshoot. The reason people would rather go through cancer causing, painful fertility treatments is because they are conceited and have to have their own child to continue on the planet - sad - while other children are in desperate need of homes they selfishly have to have their "own"

My question is why do people send their elementary school children to school in shorts in 30 degree weather?
Why do people have to slow down to gawk at traffic accidents?
Why do some people not say hellow while passing them while walking my dog in the neighborhood?

Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I never understood how people could lose things all the time . . . I'm just always baffled by people who can't find stuff.
I thought of this post yesterday when I lost my cell phone. I'm generally organized, but I simply could not find my phone. I was really to call the TracySam Squad in to assist, when I found that it had fallen in a box. Since it's dark blue, I couldn't see it in the dark box. Sheesh. I felt like a numbskull.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times
Why do my friends call my landline and then ask, "Are you home?" Sidenote: I've asked that question myself.

Last edited by Pikake; 02-13-2013 at 06:53 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
this is a great thread! people are inherently fascinating and its stuff like this that reminds me how much.

i only have one thing- how can people live in a mess? I don't mean MAKE a mess, but how can they go to sleep tonight knowing they left a mess behind? i just cannot do that. some people i know- in fact most people i know- seem to live in some degree of slobbishness. and they can sit in the midst of it and just watch tv and not be bothered. what is the tunnel vision that makes this possible? i can't stand a mess ANYWHERE and i mean in my car, my purse, nowhere. i make my bed in the morning and shake out my rugs and clean every day if only for a few minutes. it really makes my life better and i like everything looking like a picture, it just makes me happy. do slobs just not have that added ability to notice little details like cigarettes being put out in saucers and moldy food and dust everywhere? why don't other people seem to take joy in cleanliness and organization, even if only on an esthetic level? do most people just not pay attention? its certainly not how they were raised because i have always been a clean freak, always been hyper organized even as a child. and my mum really wasn't all that. so its not environment.

I mean, its a mystery to me, how people live. it really freaking is.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
What I don't get is why people don't fart out loud in elevators. I do it on occasion. It's a natural bodily experience and it's better for that gas to exit my body rather than me holding it inside. Why do people laugh at farts or other natural bodily functions?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:54 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,228,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
this is a great thread! people are inherently fascinating and its stuff like this that reminds me how much.

i only have one thing- how can people live in a mess? I don't mean MAKE a mess, but how can they go to sleep tonight knowing they left a mess behind? i just cannot do that. some people i know- in fact most people i know- seem to live in some degree of slobbishness. and they can sit in the midst of it and just watch tv and not be bothered. what is the tunnel vision that makes this possible? i can't stand a mess ANYWHERE and i mean in my car, my purse, nowhere. i make my bed in the morning and shake out my rugs and clean every day if only for a few minutes. it really makes my life better and i like everything looking like a picture, it just makes me happy. do slobs just not have that added ability to notice little details like cigarettes being put out in saucers and moldy food and dust everywhere? why don't other people seem to take joy in cleanliness and organization, even if only on an esthetic level? do most people just not pay attention? its certainly not how they were raised because i have always been a clean freak, always been hyper organized even as a child. and my mum really wasn't all that. so its not environment.

I mean, its a mystery to me, how people live. it really freaking is.
uhm, just because you're a clean freak doesn't mean everyone else is, or that they're abnormal.
I do clean, but I'll admit it's mostly for other people - like I feel I have an obligation to my family to keep the place neat cause I'm a SAHM, and I don't want to be embarrassed to have people over. But honestly, personally? I couldn't care less. It just doesn't bother me, I like things to be comfortable and easy around me, and a little bit of dirt and messiness doesn't bother me whatsoever (I'm not talking about Hoarders-level nastiness). Also, I loathe cleaning, especially things like bathrooms and mopping floors, ugh. If I lived alone and no one ever visited, I have to admit my place would probably be pretty messy. Things that are personal and only affect me, like the inside of my purse, are a horrible mess, lol.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,897,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I thought of this post yesterday when I lost my cell phone. I'm generally organized, but I simply could not find my phone. I was really to call the TracySam Squad in to assist, when I found that it had fallen in a box. Since it's dark blue, I couldn't see it in the dark box. Sheesh. I felt like a numbskull.
hahaha! I always say, if I get completely burned out working in mental health, I want to be a professional organizer.

But remember, I didn't include things falling mysteriously in my problem with people losing things. If you had misplaced your phone, THAT would be something I just don't understand, but your phone seems to have hidden on its own

Regarding the other post about mess vs. clean freak: just because someone doesn't like a mess doesn't make them a clean freak. My sister is a clean freak, disinfecting and cleaning all the time, but she tolerates her kids leaving messes around. I have no messes lying around, everything it in its place, but even though my home is not "dirty" or "germy" I tolerate more dust, cat hair, than my sister would. I keep my kitchens and bathrooms spotless, but my sister gets leery about eating from my kitchen, which isn't clean by her standards because it's not like an operating room.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Why do people laugh at farts or other natural bodily functions?
Because they're hilarious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships