Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:23 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
People that wear peep-toe boots (the kind of boot with your toe peeking out. thats funny, do they wear them in the snow?

People that get on the bus with thier cellphone in their ear, their shoulder hunched to hold onto it pressed to their ear, and then getting on a bus and THEN looking for money or their fare card, and meanwhile the bus starting to go forward, how do they keep from falling and cant they just put the phone down for a minute so they can properly take care of their fare paying business?

People that refuse to wear a hat in the 30 below zero weather because they'd rather freeze than get hat-hair.
How silly, I've seen something similar but that just sounds stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
I have a relative who THRIVES on chaos. Her entire day is nothing but drama, chaos, rushing from one place to the other, over reacting, doing everything at the last minute. Then she complains about being stressed out. A behavior I shall never understand.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:07 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Ahhh . . . well . . . my wondering doesn't run as deep as yours. The first three that come to mind are:

1. Why do people wear socks with sandals? The whole point of sandals is to have ventilation. Socks would obstruct the ventilation.

2. Why do people wear shorts and a sweatshirt? If it's warm enough to wear shorts, why does a person need a sweatshirt? If it's cold enough to wear a sweatshirt, why wear shorts?

3. Why do people wear flip-flops when it's 30 degrees or pouring down rain?
Now this post I can relate to.

1. I agree. There's also the part where it just looks stupid.

2. And there's an unbalanced look to this, too--long arm coverings with uncovered legs. It seems OK the other way around for some reason--long pants and short sleeves, but the other way seems unbalanced to me.

3. Why do people wear flip-flops at all? How do people walk in shoes that have no back to them? I can't, and I don't understand how that is done. It takes me a huge effort to keep flip-flops on my feet while walking because nothing is holding the shoe on to the back of the foot.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Why do people insist on handling something over the phone or in person when email will suffice? What's the point of having this technology if we aren't going to use it?

Why do so many people feel the need to give their unasked for opinions when they have no idea what they are talking about? I was taught to keep quiet if I didn't know about something, or ask inquisitively perhaps, in order to clarify or learn something new. I come across so many people every day that just vomit their opinions up on every topic without having the foggiest idea what they are talking about.

Why do people pop their gum loudly or blow their nose loudly in public? These are commonly considered rude, but also very commonly done. Why??
Sometimes email doesn't suffice, and picking up the phone and making the call is the best way to get your point across. Also, sometimes at work, I don't want what I have to say to be in writing. I prefer email for the most part, but there are times when the spoken word is what will get through somebody's head.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
denial of most reality. arguing in the face of the obvious.
this is relationship thread so i suppose best example is the army of 2's trying to make themselves believe they are a 10 and then go looking for a 10.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-16-2013 at 09:22 AM..

Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
i have never seen this, But in the rain having soaked feet like that is awful.

I got one:

Why is it that people go to the fridge, Seen very little food and then return 5 minutes later-As if something materialized from a world beyond in the space of 5 minutes.

Why do people push the little button on traffic crosswalks? It's useless.

Why do people getting ready to board an elevator at the lowest level if you are "going down?" I hope it aint going down at that point.

Why do house cats stare at people like that?
I read not long ago that they are trying to determine if you will fit into their mouth.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I never understood how people could lose things all the time.

I'm not talking about something falling through a hole in your pocket/purse, or a necklace breaking and falling off without your knowledge. Those things can still happen to the best of us.

I'm talking about people who can never find their keys, an important document, a bill, etc, in their own home. I've NEVER misplaced anything in my own home, and I'm not exaggerating. Things have a place, and I put things in their place. Ask me where anything is in my home, and I can quickly locate it. It doesn't make me obsessive-compulsive, and I'm not obsessively neat by any stretch. I just put stuff where it goes.

When I've lived with other people, I've had THEM misplace my things, but I never did.

Just in the last week, I've known people who:
--know they have a gift card for Petsmart someplace, but can't remember where they put it
--came to work late, because they couldn't find their keys
--can't find a sweatshirt they wore just recently
--lost a document I've given then 3 times already, so I had to give them yet a 4th copy
--paid a bill late because they misplaced the bill that came in the mail

I'm just always baffled by people who can't find stuff.
Well...you are leaving out the part where sometimes things go to "that place". It's another dimension where your personal items go to and you cannot see them or find them. It's usually temporary, and they will reappear but in their own good time.

This happens, for example, when you know you have something in your purse. YOU KNOW IT. And you can dump your purse out and search for it, and look in every pocket and zipped area that's in the purse, and check to see if there are any holes in the lining, but it is just gone. It has gone to that place. So all you can do is wait, and sure enough, in a day or two, you will reach into your purse and the item you sought will be right on top of everything else in your purse, back from that place.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
Why do people chew with their mouth open?
Why do they chomp food as loud as possible? Hollow teeth?
Why do they chomp their popcorn as loud as possible in movie theaters?
Why do use their fists to eat?
Why do they leave clumps of toothpaste in the basin? Toothpaste/soap/water speckles on the mirror?
Why do they leave the medicine cabinet open?
Why can't they just put things where they belong?
Do dishes?
Why can't they wipe the water off the bathroom sink?
Why don't people take Claritin so they don't sniff all the time?
Why do they shout in public so everyone can hear them and them whisper to talk one on one?
Why do men with hairy arms (or women) refuse to put chips and snacks in a bowl avoiding getting hair in the bag/box?
Why do people talk about themselves incessantly- never asking about others?
Why do people get pets and dump them?
Why do they have kids and refuse to raise them properly? How hard is it to use protection or swallow the pill?
Why do women dress like complete hookers and demand to be treated like a lady? Ladies...if we can't respect ourselves nobody else will either.
Why can't musicians/studios make good music anymore?
Why do people think I am rigid some times?!
....I've got others but don't want to look like a jerk...
ROFLMAO at the bolded one. Now that's something I've never ever thought of, and I wonder if anyone else besides you has!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:08 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,467,171 times
why do out-of-shape people feel the need to be at a nudist beach?
why do people talk with a toothpick in their mouth?
why do people fart in elevators?
why do women wear low-cut tops and then give guys a look if they catch them staring at their b**bs?
why do men think they have to open the door for women?
why do women use PMS as an excuse to explain just about anything?
why do men think that just because they have a di*k, they are invincible?
why do people think parenting is not a skill?
why do ex-girlfriends think guys still want to get back together with them?
... ... phew!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,875 times
Why do so many young women have to IMMEDIATELY upon meeting them manage to insert the phrase "I'm a single mom" into the conversation? (Of course, here in Michigan it's "I'm a single maaaahhm" with a nasal tone to the "ah").

My immediate, and admittedly unfair thought is "unless you're a widow, you've either slept around a lot or you've got bad taste in men!" As I said... unfair. But how is "I'm a single mom" such a badge of honor? You had sex, 9 months later you had a baby. Been done for millions of years. Not a unique accomplishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships