Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:34 AM

39 posts, read 35,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'll pretend that this is a reality based thread:
No comments.

Quote:
The only reason you doubt your paternity is because you don't like your father, for whatever reason. It may be because your older brothers have a closer, more mature relationship, with him or for reasons known only to yourself. Some them are evident in your thread, by the way.

If you think your father doesn't have an idea you harbor these feelings/ideas then think again. In your mind he may be "old" but I doubt that he's stupid. He's also fed, housed and clothed you for 22 years (I doubt you're out on your own) and continues to do so.
Why shouldn't I like my father? I've said he'll continue to be my father even if the test proves otherwise.

I'm finishing my master's degree, have a part-time but he still helps me of course. What's wrong with that?

What are the reasons evident in my thread? If I didn't worry about him I would ask him directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 11:37 AM

45,548 posts, read 60,783,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarfonLad View Post
My parents were married for many years but things were never good. They always fighted a lot, my father had several affairs and they couldn't agree on anything regarding finances.

I'm 22 and I have two elder brothers aged 31 and 30. They always said my parents didn't get along well for as long as they have memory. They say they remember being 4 or 5 years old and they were already sleeping in separate bedrooms.

That raised a big interrogation mark in my head about my paternity. I came around long after things started going south from what you see but I had to come out of somewhere.

My mother can't even imagine I have such question in my mind. She has always been a loving mother and would be extremely hurt. I could ask my father but he has a very difficult demeanour and I don't know how he would react.

Even if he accepted to have a paternity test done, my mother would be very upset if she ever found out.

Do you think I should go ahead with sorting this out?

You don't like your father.

Where are you located, by the way? The US or elsewhere?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
You don't like your father.
Do you have the ability to develop a little further or are hust trying to inflame the thread?

Quote:
Where are you located, by the way? The US or elsewhere?
Why does that matter?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,477,599 times
Are you going to come back here and post the results of the DNA test?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Are you going to come back here and post the results of the DNA test?
Yes, obviously.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Actually, make sure the type of lab you are going to, can in fact do this with your brothers. I only said there are tests which can be done using your brothers, not all labs do it this way.

Secondly, you are already going behind his back and instead of involving 3 or 4 people, you now have only involved one, not even one since he won't know.
We'll make sure about the lab. Does anyone have any idea how long the results will take to be ready? I'm sure we'll be told but I'm curious.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:57 PM

64 posts, read 66,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My grandfather knew, hell everybody knew, that his youngest was not his biological son. He never changed his demeanor with him or treated him with less love than his other 5 children and never let on that he knew and took it to his grave. It was painfully obvious who the father was, a man he completely despised, so no one told him.
That is an odd situation. Most guys don't tend to stay around if they sense the child isn't theirs.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:12 PM

45,548 posts, read 60,783,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarfonLad View Post
Do you have the ability to develop a little further or are hust trying to inflame the thread?

Why does that matter?
It's obvious in your postings that you actually despise your father. He was a philanderer, he and your mother had separate bedrooms and you can't imagine them having sexual relations because of this, he doesn't respect you, you doubt your paternity even though all overt physical evidence indicates he's your father.

Your usages of language hints at English not being your birth tongue. Interrogation mark being just one example. That indicates someone not being totally knowledgeable of the language and using a translator helper.

Also, different nationalities have differing ideas of propriety, which you've hinted at in your responses.

If this is a true situation, and I've thought since the beginning it's not and you're just stirring things up to enliven your life. First post and you question your parentage. Anyway, if this is a true situation, your brothers may just be messing with the little brother's head-you're adopted, you're really not Dad's kid, etc.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAS1 View Post
That is an odd situation. Most guys don't tend to stay around if they sense the child isn't theirs.
I agree, in Nature the male always rejects kids that aren't his.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:15 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,219,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAS1 View Post
It was an old school way of thought, you just didn't abandon your wife and 6 kids because of indiscretion. People tolerated a lot more then, than they do today.

He was also a very kind man.

Of course he served in WWII without a scratch, came home and died abruptly with a heart attack when he was 40. It was the youngest son, the son that wasn't his biological son that stood at the top the stairs in the dark and said, "Are you alright?" My grandfather told him to go back to bed and then died right then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships