Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post

Anyone have any more suggestions?
Yes. Ignore him. You're giving the doorbell ringer exactly what he wants: a reaction.

As soon as you stop being "that guy", they'll go someplace else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 08:33 PM

347 posts, read 426,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. Ignore him. You're giving the doorbell ringer exactly what he wants: a reaction.

As soon as you stop being "that guy", they'll go someplace else.
That's just it! We have ignored him. But last night I snapped & when our door sounded like it was being pounded down by the FBI!

Thank you for everyone who has commented. There's other bullying drama tied to this awful block of yuppie scum. We definitely like the sprinkler system idea!

Old 08-18-2014, 08:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,768,215 times
Not that I think escalation is remotely a good idea (tends to end in vandalism and assault based on the multitude of neighbor threads on CD) but you can go all "carrie" at the prom on him. Just wait up all night, with a bucket of something gross and dump it on his head when he goes to ditch AFTER ringing the bell.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:38 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,997,914 times
I highly doubt this is real, but I'll play along. Use the taser, then drag the kid in the house. I am sure intruder laws will cover whatever you choose to do next.

Seriously, why would you tell an officer that you planned to use a taser on a child? Not smart.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:38 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,579,559 times
Quote:
That's just it! We have ignored him. But last night I snapped & when our door sounded like it was being pounded down by the FBI!

Thank you for everyone who has commented. There's other bullying drama tied to this awful block of yuppie scum. We definitely like the sprinkler system idea!
Honestly, you are sooo over-reacting to this. It is your over-reaction that is fueling the behaviors.

You said this happened at night . . . why don't you have your outside perimeter lights on? My neighbors and I leave our outdoor lights on every night (at least part of them). Plus, we all have motion detector lights on the corners of our houses and in the back.

There has to be more to this story. Why did the kid decide to pick on your house, or you, in particular?

Did this start as soon as you moved in? Did your parent have problems with such behaviors prior to your moving in?

Also, you allude to this happening "all hours" of the night and/or day. Kids are back in school now so it shouldn't be happening during those hours. And most kids are not going to be out and about after 10 pm or so, as they have school the next day. Don't you think this was just some "end of the summer" craziness that will naturally resolve itself with school now in session?

Turn your lights on. If that doesn't solve the problem, get a cheap security camera. Stop calling the cops. You can bet everyone in the neighborhood was rolling their eyes when they realized someone had pranked your house and you got the cops involved. That made it all the more enticing.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:39 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,518,118 times
Quote:
I'm temporarily in suburbian hell helping my mom recover from surgery and helping nanny my niece. For the past month, rowdy kids are ringing the door at all hours and running away. (This is only one of the many instances of drama on this street of hell.)

Last night we were all chilling out and the punk rang the doorbell and beat the door so hard with his fist, we thought we were being attacked and even the dog freaked out.

We went to peer out the door and he'd run away. P*ssed off, I grabbed my taser gun and went looking for this punk.

He was gone and I decided to crouch inside by the front door with the porch light off, because this sniveling runt likes to do it all night. Next thing I see out of the corner of my eye is a white shirt running across the street.

I get p*ssed, flash my light on him and next the neighbor is getting angry at me threatening to call the cops for harassment! Apparently he was playing football with his son. Ooops, am I bad? I told him what was happening and he was still an arrogant jerk off and told me I had no rights to flash a flashlight at them??!! When did flashlights become menacing weapons?!!!!

Annoyed, I did go in to call the police to see what our options are. They sent a cop out who informed me I cannot taser a minor, if he's just on the property. (If he were to break in, it's on.) We have to catch this misfit to press charges.

We are talking about installing security cameras because he'll do it again.

Thanks!!
Disconnect the doorbell and put perimeter lights with cameras and signs that say'you are on Candid Camera.
If necessary a fence, too.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:24 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,226,366 times
Shop Simulated Security Cameras at Lowes.com!

And put up a small sign on your porch: "you're on camera."

Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,628,194 times
I can't believe people think it's ok to live like this.

You're being harassed. Why should YOU have to do anything to stop this behavior? What are the police for, if not to stop harassment?

For those of you who have responded with "it's just kids, ignore them, you're overreacting" - you're crazy! How are kids supposed to learn not to behave badly if there are no consequences to their actions? There's a reason so many kids behave badly these days, and the reason is the attitude "it's just kids."

I think set up a sprinkler system, and also take a bunch of pictures of the kid doing it. Then go door to door asking "Is this your son?" and also finding out who else is being harassed.

And call the police, mayor, and every single city councilperson every single time it happens. It's their JOB to put a stop to activities like this!

I feel really sorry for you. Reason number seven million and ten why never to live in a suburb!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,623,447 times
Get a motion sensor that sprays water at the person. I saw this on My Cat From Hell for an owner trying to ward off cats from the neighborhood visiting their house.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,745,698 times
Quote:
I'm temporarily in suburbian hell helping my mom recover from surgery and helping nanny my niece. For the past month, rowdy kids are ringing the door at all hours and running away. (This is only one of the many instances of drama on this street of hell.)

Last night we were all chilling out and the punk rang the doorbell and beat the door so hard with his fist, we thought we were being attacked and even the dog freaked out.

We went to peer out the door and he'd run away. P*ssed off, I grabbed my taser gun and went looking for this punk.

He was gone and I decided to crouch inside by the front door with the porch light off, because this sniveling runt likes to do it all night. Next thing I see out of the corner of my eye is a white shirt running across the street.

I get p*ssed, flash my light on him and next the neighbor is getting angry at me threatening to call the cops for harassment! Apparently he was playing football with his son. Ooops, am I bad? I told him what was happening and he was still an arrogant jerk off and told me I had no rights to flash a flashlight at them??!! When did flashlights become menacing weapons?!!!!

Annoyed, I did go in to call the police to see what our options are. They sent a cop out who informed me I cannot taser a minor, if he's just on the property. (If he were to break in, it's on.) We have to catch this misfit to press charges.

We are talking about installing security cameras because he'll do it again.

Thanks!!
Turn this sideways with a trip wire!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships