Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 02:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,914,152 times

Advertisements

Oh and in case people don't think I can co teach, that's not it. I am chair of one of the events at the church and part of the duties are to decorate and come up with decorations. There is a woman who has been doing decorations for years (longer than I've been at the church)so I put her completely in charge of that and made her a co committee person. She is fantastic at decorations and since she has been doing it for years why change? So, no it's not the idea of sharing my teaching but rather why this is occurring.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:06 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
The worst part is that the kids will suffer from this idiotic "adult" power struggle.

Why do you not just speak up, OP??

Old 09-01-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The worst part is that the kids will suffer from this idiotic "adult" power struggle.

Why do you not just speak up, OP??
I did speak up and they insist she'll be an assistant but it's obvious she won't be content with that. I'll see them on Wednesday and will talk to the director again. I live by the deacon and when I see him outside I'm going to talk to him.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,261,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I did speak up and they insist she'll be an assistant but it's obvious she won't be content with that. I'll see them on Wednesday and will talk to the director again. I live by the deacon and when I see him outside I'm going to talk to him.
Here's a better idea. Rather than politic matters, take your issue to the church education committee. At least that's being up front about matters.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,697,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
So you think it is possible that this woman might make positive contributuions to the class? Perhaps she can see things in a new light, and actually become an asset to you?
Read post #74, the OP said they gave this woman a book they never give to other teaching assts.

That's a huge red flag right there, someone has made a decision.

Of course not being there no one knows for sure, but it sounds like the Director wants the OP gone.

Sounds like the child being shy is just an excuse to get this woman in the classroom. Lots of kids are shy, they don't grow out of it by having mommy always around.

But it could be used as an excuse to get this woman to take over.

The OP even said she treated the woman rudely and seems to have a huge ego, perhaps there have been complaints about her attitude by parents and coworkers. So they're trying to ease her out and hope she gets the hint.

That fact that she thinks the church will be hurting if she leaves speaks volumes.

The sun will come up again tomorrow, and the church will go on whether she is there or not.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:21 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
Quote:
You're going about this all wrong.

But you don't care.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,599,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
whenever i start finding myself saying you you you and them them them
i know i got stuff i need to work on
i am powerless over others
hobbies and art and gardening and taking care of a cat has helped me far more than my volunteer work
too often my volunteer work has a hidden agenda.
self examination is critical
Best post in the thread.

Have we all forgotten this is a Sunday School class we are talking about?

Volunteer work does often come with a hidden agenda - just like the volunteer mother that is being criticized. A church has a definite social hierarchy, a popular group; a governing group, etc. Sometimes being part of one group or another becomes more important than worship. I see it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
A hidden agenda is like an ulterior motive; you or someone else may do something or act a certain way in supposed benevolence, but the real reason you or they actually did that was also for personal gain; not to just help out.

And that should not be the case in any volunteer job.
But it often does. I saw it at school with the overeager Mommies. There were those that were there for the good of the school; for the good of the whole but a large portion were only there for the good of their own kid and their own ego.

Quote:
I doubt it. She's not coming into class because she is involved with church (a point many are missing)but because she doesn't want her daughter to be away from her.
As a working Mom, of course I was going to volunteer in those classes that my son was in. Why wouldn't I? I spent enough time away from him as it was.

There really was nothing more sinister to it than that.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Read post #74, the OP said they gave this woman a book they never give to other teaching assts.

That's a huge red flag right there, someone has made a decision.

Of course not being there no one knows for sure, but it sounds like the Director wants the OP gone.

Sounds like the child being shy is just an excuse to get this woman in the classroom. Lots of kids are shy, they don't grow out of it by having mommy always around.

But it could be used as an excuse to get this woman to take over.

The OP even said she treated the woman rudely and seems to have a huge ego, perhaps there have been complaints about her attitude by parents and coworkers. So they're trying to ease her out and hope she gets the hint.

That fact that she thinks the church will be hurting if she leaves speaks volumes.

The sun will come up again tomorrow, and the church will go on whether she is there or not.
Obviously you didn't read my post (typical on this site). I was only rude to her after she started throwing her weight around. Also, you didn't read that in fact I have a great relationship with the director and I am one of her favorites, not just at church. Third you didn't read that it has nothing to do with wanting me gone, they don't. Fourth, you obviously didn't read where the parents are ALWAYS complimenting me. I get presents on Christmas and the last day of class, and many thank me for what I do. Also, you missed where I stated this issue happened before to another teacher where a mom refused to allow her kid in a class without her there.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
As a working Mom, of course I was going to volunteer in those classes that my son was in. Why wouldn't I? I spent enough time away from him as it was.

There really was nothing more sinister to it than that.
Then why didn't she volunteer before for anything? I've never seen her at any event at the church, none and I go to ALL of them. Yes there could be something sinister. If she is the right person she is president of an organization that tries to push her weight around. Many people volunteer to have power, and it's obvious that's what she wants. Otherwise she would be content being an assistant and I wouldn't be complaining. I've had assistants before.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:34 PM

399 posts, read 686,790 times
It sounds to me as though this is a respect issue. You deserve to be respected in your position, and it doesn't appear as though the director or this mom are giving you respect.

If they can't give respect, give your dedication to someone that will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships