Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 02:36 PM

13,981 posts, read 26,009,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Obviously you didn't read my post (typical on this site). I was only rude to her after she started throwing her weight around. Also, you didn't read that in fact I have a great relationship with the director and I am one of her favorites, not just at church. Third you didn't read that it has nothing to do with wanting me gone, they don't. Fourth, you obviously didn't read where the parents are ALWAYS complimenting me. I get presents on Christmas and the last day of class, and many thank me for what I do. Also, you missed where I stated this issue happened before to another teacher where a mom refused to allow her kid in a class without her there.
Lol, now you want to be acknowledged as director's pet.

You haven't even given this mother a chance. Maybe, just maybe, she takes her child's religious education seriously, and wants to be part of it. You have no children in the program, she does, so she has more of a vested interest than you do.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:37 PM

9,894 posts, read 14,184,219 times
OP, it appears it is always all about you.

Quote:
They should of thought of that before this woman got into my business.
Quote:
Then she needs to stop butting into my teaching. .
Quote:
I ended up quitting another volunteering I did when I found out they created committees and i wasn't included.
Quote:
I was there first, it's my class.
Quote:
. I told her she could do crafts but I'm thinking that is already giving her power.
Quote:
I was only rude to her after she started throwing her weight around.

Get over yourself, your perceived "disrespect", and your selfish attitude. When you do, remember it's all about the children.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:37 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,567,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeach View Post
It sounds to me as though this is a respect issue. You deserve to be respected in your position, and it doesn't appear as though the director or this mom are giving you respect.

If they can't give respect, give your dedication to someone that will.
A giant red flag for me is when I volunteer looking for validation and respect that I am not already getting
Trying to get that from others makes me like a drug addict looking for a pusher

Old 09-01-2014, 02:38 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,912,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Lol, now you want to be acknowledged as director's pet.

You haven't even given this mother a chance. Maybe, just maybe, she takes her child's religious education seriously, and wants to be part of it. You have no children in the program, she does, so she has more of a vested interest than you do.
Oh because she has a kid she knows more about religion than I do? yeah right. If she cared before then why wasn't she involved before? She has an older kid, why didn't she volunteer for him?

Old 09-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
OP, it appears it is always all about you.

Get over yourself, your perceived "disrespect", and your selfish attitude. When you do, remember it's all about the children.
Why don't you get over yourself. I am volunteering, so who is the selfish one? If this mother was into religion she would have volunteered sooner.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeach View Post
It sounds to me as though this is a respect issue. You deserve to be respected in your position, and it doesn't appear as though the director or this mom are giving you respect.

If they can't give respect, give your dedication to someone that will.
That's what bothers me too. I do so much, more than most. It's not like I am looking for a tap on the shoulder or am selfish like a few think (or rather are saying because they want a fight). Just that I've done this so well. I compare it to what happened to my dad. He was great at his job but the boss wanted to bring in her people. So she pushed him out and replaced him with someone who is now being arrested. When people do a great job nothing is more upsetting than being pushed aside. I love teaching, it means the world to me.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:49 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,231,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
(snip)

As a working Mom, of course I was going to volunteer in those classes that my son was in. Why wouldn't I? I spent enough time away from him as it was.

There really was nothing more sinister to it than that.
I taught Vacation Bible School for a number of years in three different churches plus some other volunteer Church activities. At least in my area, parents are generally not allowed to volunteer in the same class where their child is enrolled. They are encouraged to volunteer in other classrooms but not in their child's classroom and they certainly would not be allowed to be the teacher of their child's Sunday School or VBS class.

The same is true in the public schools around my area. Of course, there are some exceptions, especially for "small types" of assistance, such as helping out in your child's public school classroom once a month for a specific activity or maybe an hour a week during library time. But, there had been so many problems in the past with parents in their child's classroom that it is now basically forbidden in the public schools in my area.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:52 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,278,277 times
Wow....This is the furthest behavior I can imagine from someone who is supposed to be teaching a religion class. Sorry, but I think you should find another vocation....seriously.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:56 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,278,277 times
Quote:
Oh because she has a kid she knows more about religion than I do? yeah right. If she cared before then why wasn't she involved before? She has an older kid, why didn't she volunteer for him?
Because her older child isn't the shy one. Chill....

Mod cut.
I suggest praying for the strength to deal with this as a true christian would, with humbleness and dignity, you are modeling for these students....do not carry this very bad attitude into your classroom.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-01-2014 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Personal barb.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:58 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,637,873 times
OP, it is a volunteer job. I usually suggest to folks that when they start to feel truly passionate about it, it's time to get a paying job in that field.

Church culture is not like it was. Fifteen years ago, I doubt they would've tried that. Now, it's all about being inclusive and someone who has done something for 20 years might be replaced overnight by a twit just because if they don't, the whole family will stop coming to church.

And it's happening all over, not just in one or two churches.

OP, I will pray for you, and I hope that you can make peace with this issue. It might just be a nudge to seek a paying position in a religious school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships