Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2016, 05:42 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,341,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
When I made up my username I was in pharmacy school, and I was having a real hard time coming up with something. So, I flipped through a drug reference book I had and found the drug "basiliximab"--it's used for kidney transplants. I thought sounded neat so I took it. A few years ago, I became involved in history research on D.H. Hill, a general who lived during the civil war time period. Now whenever I join message boards, I take the username dhh712 if it's available. (his birthday is 7/12).
I've always wondered what yours meant! It always looked to me like something written backward. I like it, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 08:59 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,093,133 times
mines boring, it's my initials and an important year

Old 09-12-2016, 09:18 PM

5 posts, read 5,248 times
Mine is a play on words, one I came up with after rewatching the Back To The Future trilogy (which didn't bore me, but I was bored and poking at the internet when I found this site). I like wordplay, so sometimes that's the direction I'll take when choosing a username for something. Not always, though.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:01 AM

8,361 posts, read 274,561 times
Mine is my initials 'expanded'

Old 09-13-2016, 05:06 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,575,973 times
I love beagles, live with beagles and used to volunteer with beagle rescue.

Also, years ago I lived in an apartment that had a dog park in the middle of the property. There was a group of regulars that hung out with our dogs and got to know each other (more the dogs, really. Lol). One woman had her young teen granddaughter visit from out of state during the summer and the dog park regulars kind of took her under their wing. When she went back home, she wrote really sweet goodbye letters. She didn't know my name so she addressed mine to "the beagle lady."

Old 09-14-2016, 11:31 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,179,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Someone told me that before, that they read my name as SeaOfGlass. Not sure if it was you or not. I like it, though.

Ha, I was certain you were a chile pepper lover.
I thought the same thing about the chili peppers. I sort of pictured a user from New Mexico that loves hatch chilis. And who doesn't, if you've tried them, fresh roasted?

And I'm another one who originally associated your username with sea glass. It's pretty, either way. I can see the ocean undulating when I read it. It's nice.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:35 AM

185 posts, read 424,199 times
I don't usually go on this particular board, but needed a break from moving and care giving, so I thought I would try a different topic today!

I can take the award for the most boring, not private, literal screen name ever - my real name is Eileen...I hate the screen name I use, and would like to change it. I am a creative person, but also extremely analytical. I do feel that a screen name tells about a person, so whenever it is time to come up with one, I over think what I want to say about myself, and suffer paralysis by analysis - so I just use my name....embarrassing!

Luckily, I am not that lame with passwords, thank goodness. Security prevailed there! Hopefully soon I will come up with a new screen name...

Old 09-15-2016, 07:34 PM

120 posts, read 110,814 times
I was deeply studying the Engineering in training exam(one of the steps to becoming licensed as an engineer)

7 is my favorite number, it's also a mathematically happy number

I use 77 allot because it reminds of 99 from "Get Smart" , it's not my birth year. I'm a thirtysomething.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:22 PM

12,334 posts, read 17,194,003 times
It does tell something some of the time, though usually not a lot. A person may limit to their profession, or a hobby. There's some great names here in this community that just seem creative.

I opted for a plain screen name as it was easiest for me

Old 09-17-2016, 07:55 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,341,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIT77 View Post
I was deeply studying the Engineering in training exam(one of the steps to becoming licensed as an engineer)

7 is my favorite number, it's also a mathematically happy number

I use 77 allot because it reminds of 99 from "Get Smart" , it's not my birth year. I'm a thirtysomething.
I've always loved her name. I don't know how, but it somehow seemed feminine and suited her. lol

Yours is an interesting explanation for what could appear to be an unrevealing name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships