Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:46 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,909,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekab23 View Post
getting stuck behind 5 cars at a drive through, often mini vans and SUV's full of kids.
When we had 5 kids at home we went through a starbucks drive through (as we did from time to time) and once I got to drink 7 they told me I couldn't order more then 6 drinks in the drive through. I told them that was insane, not posted, never happened before and I could just sit and wait while they got their manager here to explain the changes in policy to me. They got us our drinks

I feel like the hold up usually is someone sending things back (with in their rights...but...) or the workers being slow. I've gotten 7 drinks, meals, etc in a very short period of time...and at times it takes 10x longer to get 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 01:46 AM

8 posts, read 8,825 times
My pet peeves are people who copy others.
When people chew with their mouth open.
People who do not pick up after themselves.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:53 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,330,104 times
1. People who turn out from a side road in front of you and creep along well under the speed limit, when there was no one behind you and they could have waited for you to pass

2. People who change lanes or try to change lanes without signaling.

3. Slow people in the fast lane (Just because the speed limit is 55, doesn't mean going 60 mph in the left lane is fast enough)

4. Parents who don't know how to control their children

5. People who text while driving

6. People who ask me if I can drive since I have narcolepsy

7. Females who wear short shorts (age doesn't matter), I think it looks inappropriate (I'm a 20 year-old female)

8. People who show too much cleavage

9. People who leave the public restroom a mess (Why is your bloody pad/tampon on the floor? Why is their poop in the toilet?)

10. People who don't blow their nose and keep sniffling the snot up

11. People who smoke (including marijuana)

12. People who drink alcohol (There's no point in alcohol)

13. People who chew with their mouth open (My grandmother does this and I can't sit across from her at a dinner table)

14. People who don't park properly

15. People who sit next to you on public transportation even when there are other seats available.

16. The creepers at red lights. You know, those people that start inching forward in their cars…slowly…until the light turns green. (I started a thread on this about a year ago)

Old 11-26-2014, 05:14 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,211,790 times
People with their seats in the car way back

Boy racers

Old 11-26-2014, 05:34 AM

165 posts, read 194,696 times
Dogs running loose without supervision.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:57 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,074,621 times
1. Miserable people who take it out on others: bullies, vindictive people, rude and unkind people.

2. People who say their way of life is exactly how others should live their lives.

3. Over-opinionated people who insist on telling us they're right and we're wrong.

4. Two-faced people.

5. Drivers that tail-gate and supposedly try to intimidate you to drive faster.

6. People who write out a check when paying for goods and don't begin to write out the check until the cashier has completed the entire transaction. Then after writing the check, they take their sweet time filling out the check register.

7. People on TV who can't wait to show off their brilliantly white teeth by talking, laughing, or smiling with every tooth in their mouth being exposed. One of the worse is Giada De Laurentiis on her cooking show.

8. Irresponsible, lazy people who blame others for their shortcomings.

9. People who use others for their own pleasures.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:46 AM

6,493 posts, read 6,703,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
1.People on your flight that don't stay seated until the seat belt sign goes off..they are already rummaging through the over head compartments...and the door isn't even open yet..unless your connecting flight leaves in 5 minutes and the gate is on the other side of the airport..what's the big rush?

2.People who send out group texts and then your phone keeps going off with people answering or commenting..most you have no idea who they are...

3.Cashiers at stores who talk to each about their work beefs in front of you or how much they hate the boss...

4. Nosy Gladys Kravitz neighbors...
Absolutely yes to #2 and #3 !!!!!
Why don't cell phones have a feature on group text messaging that pops up "Do you truly want to reply to ALL?!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
1. People who turn out from a side road in front of you and creep along well under the speed limit, when there was no one behind you and they could have waited for you to pass

2. People who change lanes or try to change lanes without signaling.

3. Slow people in the fast lane (Just because the speed limit is 55, doesn't mean going 60 mph in the left lane is fast enough)

4. Parents who don't know how to control their children

5. People who text while driving

6. People who ask me if I can drive since I have narcolepsy

7. Females who wear short shorts (age doesn't matter), I think it looks inappropriate (I'm a 20 year-old female)

8. People who show too much cleavage

9. People who leave the public restroom a mess (Why is your bloody pad/tampon on the floor? Why is their poop in the toilet?)

10. People who don't blow their nose and keep sniffling the snot up

11. People who smoke (including marijuana)

12. People who drink alcohol (There's no point in alcohol)

13. People who chew with their mouth open (My grandmother does this and I can't sit across from her at a dinner table)

14. People who don't park properly

15. People who sit next to you on public transportation even when there are other seats available.

16. The creepers at red lights. You know, those people that start inching forward in their cars…slowly…until the light turns green. (I started a thread on this about a year ago)
Thumbs up on 5, 10, and 15.

But #12?!? Mmmmm, sipping some nice port or brandy on a chilly day.....what's not to love about that? ☺️
I'm guessing you've had alcoholics in your family, or perhaps lost someone in a DUI accident. As with many things, there is certainly the potential for abuse, but to have a pet peeve against all people who drink alcohol, well, you've just alienated yourself from a large percentage of the population, most of whom are wonderful people.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
1. Mouth noises when eating
2. Gum smackers
3. Manipulative people

LOL, y'all thought I'd have a longer list, didn't you?

I give people a lot of room to be themselves but when it comes to mouth noises and gum smacking, these two weird traits bring out some internal weirdness in me as well, because I immediately start fantasizing about just standing up suddenly and yelling at them, or slapping the gum out of their mouths or just looking them squarely in the eye and saying, ".....Really?" AUGH.

When it comes to manipulative people, I always feel like stopping them in their tracks and saying, "Come on. You didn't think I was THAT stupid, did you?" This goes for car salesmen to grandkids and everyone in between. I'm not talking about people trying to be a bit charming - I'm talking about people who try to use fear tactics or deception to manipulate others into something. Stop. Just stop. (For the record, I don't have any grandkids who've tried that yet, but if they do, I'm ready for them! None of them are teenagers yet though!)

Old 11-26-2014, 08:30 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,909,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL, y'all thought I'd have a longer list, didn't you?
I'm really surprised to see how long a lot of lists are! I had to think hard to come up with 4 that bothered me. Granted, I can be annoyed at things from time to time, but I think of a pet peeve as something that gets me each and every time and I have to try not to react negatively to.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I'm really surprised to see how long a lot of lists are! I had to think hard to come up with 4 that bothered me. Granted, I can be annoyed at things from time to time, but I think of a pet peeve as something that gets me each and every time and I have to try not to react negatively to.
I know! Same here - I don't get mad that easily, and often the things that apparently set a bunch of people off are things that I may observe and actually think are sort of funny, or interesting. Human nature fascinates me.

I did think of one other thing though, that absolutely infuriates me. I didn't think of it till just now because it just happened to me and reminded me. I HATE bad customer service. I mean, it climbs all over my last nerves. I'm not talking about the cashier who may not smile when I'm checking out - for all I know she's got to go to her grandmother's funeral when she gets off work. I'm talking about bad customer service on a higher level than that.

A couple of years ago, we got a Southern Living cookbook in the mail, with a price tag of about $40. It came addressed to my husband (I do have a Southern Living magazine subscription but it's in my name). Anyway, we were confused, but we paid for it. Lo and behold, another one showed up a few months later, and I asked my husband who said, "I don't recall ordering anything but if it's any good, I guess you should buy it," so I did - another $40. But this time I read the fine print very closely and there was NOTHING stating that we were under any sort of contract or obligation to buy any more books.

A few months ago, we got ANOTHER one. This time I got online and sent an email to Southern Living stating that we did not ever order these books and we don't want them to send us anymore. I also included a note to that effect with the payment.

We just got another one. I got online, sent another (nastier) letter to SL, this time telling them that we are not going to pay for the book they just sent, and we're not going to go through the hassle of returning it either. Many days passed. Today I got a return email from, of all weird sources, Food and Wine magazine. No, I don't have a Food and Wine subscription. I called and held for ten minutes before reaching a live person - from India. They gave me the number for Oxmoor House. I called it and was on hold for 20 minutes before giving up. I got online and emailed Oxmoor House telling them the saga and letting them know that we're not paying for this recent book, nor are we going through the hassle of going to the post office to return it. I also told them that if this goes on our credit report, we will be filing a complaint against them with the FTC.

So we'll see. RIDICULOUS.

Now THAT ticks me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships