Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 03:03 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,130,544 times

Advertisements

1. People who stand in front of the grocery shelf and are on their cell phone and they cannot hear you when you say excuse me !!!! That is the ultimate rude . I understand you might be talking to someone getting their groceries but you should at least back away from the shelf so others can get their groceries !!! Use some common sense .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 03:07 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,019,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
1. People who stand in front of the grocery shelf and are on their cell phone and they cannot hear you when you say excuse me !!!! That is the ultimate rude . I understand you might be talking to someone getting their groceries but you should at least back away from the shelf so others can get their groceries !!! Use some common sense .
I faced a lot once a woman made a cake with the cashier. While I was waiting to pay for my stuff.

Last edited by Zeurich; 11-30-2014 at 03:23 AM..

Old 11-30-2014, 06:31 AM

11,390 posts, read 9,310,884 times
I have several.

Lying and cigarette smoking are at the top.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
People who use their own preferences as a basis for judgement.

as in: I didn't like the movie so it's a lousy movie.
I don't like that singer so they can't sing.

And of course anyone who disagrees is an idiot.
You just perfectly described my mother!

The other day my parents told me together, "We have something important to discuss with you."

Immediately my muscles tightened up! But it wasn't so awful. My dad said, "I've decided to stop driving at night. My night vision just isn't good." (My mother doesn't drive since she had a stroke a few years ago.)

My mother then takes it to the next level - as usual.

"Right. We're not going to be driving any more at night because people in this town drive like idiots."

My dad said, "No, _____. The reason why we're not driving at night is because I can no longer see well at night."

Not to be deterred, my mother said, "Well, the people in this town drive like idiots. You shouldn't be driving at night, either, Kathryn. And if you do, you're an idiot too. But suit yourself."

Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,453,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I'll never forget the time I was stuck going down the aisle of a store behind a woman holding a couple of items she was buying in one hand, texting with the other hand, and KICKING a large package of toilet paper down the aisle because she had no cart. I gave her a brief "look" as I finally got around her, and she started screaming at me for looking at her funny. Oh well, at least I don't have to live in that woman's head! What a nutcase.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:45 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,453,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You just perfectly described my mother!

The other day my parents told me together, "We have something important to discuss with you."

Immediately my muscles tightened up! But it wasn't so awful. My dad said, "I've decided to stop driving at night. My night vision just isn't good." (My mother doesn't drive since she had a stroke a few years ago.)

My mother then takes it to the next level - as usual.

"Right. We're not going to be driving any more at night because people in this town drive like idiots."

My dad said, "No, _____. The reason why we're not driving at night is because I can no longer see well at night."

Not to be deterred, my mother said, "Well, the people in this town drive like idiots. You shouldn't be driving at night, either, Kathryn. And if you do, you're an idiot too. But suit yourself."

That brings up a pet peeve of mine. I always get nervous when someone says "I need to tell you something", especially if they say they want to talk about it later. And usually it turns out to be nothing earthshaking. Why announce you have something to tell a person before you tell them?

Old 11-30-2014, 07:47 AM

106 posts, read 141,270 times
TV reality shows, morons that create it, morons that enjoy it

Old 11-30-2014, 07:57 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,378,634 times
Tailgating.

People who talk on their cell phones while checking out at a store (grocery, fast food, retail, etc.). Hang up and give the salesperson some consideration!

Talking on a cell phone in the bathroom. NO ONE wants to hear that.

Men who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom! I'm not shaking your hand. (Obviously, I can't tell if any women do the same thing)

Old 11-30-2014, 08:53 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,338,601 times
Grrr yes, women who blather on their phones in stores.

I've got no problem with: "They don't have the brand you asked for, but they do have X. Want me to get it?"

I can't stand: "So I told my ex I wasn't taking the kids that weekend blahblahblah...oh, and he had the nerve to bring 'her' to Chad's graduation...blahblahblah."

I work in a very affluent city and refuse to shop there on my lunch hour because 100% I run into someone like this who is blocking the aisle with her cart, oblivious that anyone else exists and is trying to get by. You have to scream EXCUSE ME for them to notice you.

I soooo want to yell, "If you're this desperate to feel important, one of the best ways to do it is GET A JOB!" But I don't. I just wait to do my shopping in my blue collar town where this never ever happens.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:45 AM

772 posts, read 916,000 times
I don't have any, am just thankfull to be alive and greatfull for what I have. I am glad I wasn't born in a third world country with no opportunity. any so called "pet peeves" in a first world country is redicioulus. get over it. move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships