Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:47 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,327,769 times

Advertisements

1) A driver pulling out in front of you from a side street and driving below the speed limit. I can honestly say that, when I hear of stories of "road rage," my response is "well if the person was mad about that, I don't regard them as the criminal. The person who pulled out in front of them got what they had coming to them and maybe they'll think twice about pulling that crap again."

2) Excessive road construction.

3) Funeral processions and "rubber neckers." I don't know who died, what do I care? I can always go to the actual funeral to show my compassion. The same goes for someone who wrecked, the police are on their way, what good can I do?

4) Drivers taking too long to go when the light is green. I've actually gotten out of my car and yelled "would you move your ducking gas?" (Yes, they moved.)

5) Driving in the left lane beside someone in the right lane, what people call "driving slow in the fast lane." With respect to road rage and how I see it, see #1 above.

Okay, basically ANYTHING that slows down traffic. I may not be in a big hurry, but I despise getting stuck behind people.

5) People who gripe about cell phone usage, even though they have one, but someone crashing while eating or making other loud noises not due to a cell phone, or goofing around at work using something besides a phone--that's all fine and dandy.

6) People who think answering their phone is optional, even if they're not at work, eating, or having a date-night etc. Yes, I think you're a hypocrite to say you own a cell phone to be able to get a hold of someone, but then you consider it annoying that someone can get a hold of you. If you hate it, then stop using your cell phone to call anyone either. It goes both ways.

7) Barking dogs. What I said about road rage in #1 and #5 also applies here with respect to stories about people shooting their neighbor's dog--hold the dog OWNER responsible for the animal cruelty. And yes, even if it hasn't come to that, people with yapping yorkies and such who do nothing about it should be put in jail for disturbing the peace.

8) People waxing on and on about how their dog is better than a human because it doesn't judge. To me, that means the person wants to live a Hugh Hefner hedonistic sort of life and have no one tell them it's amoral, and choose an animal because it's too stupid to know any better and can't talk back. The same goes for cats, too, you just don't hear as much about it.

9) Smartphones aggravating you to update, with no easy way to turn that off or to roll it back to the previous firmware if you decide you don't like it--and the forums giving instructions that are way too technical with respect to the "rooting" required to fix that.

10) People that hold up check-out lines at dollar stores and grocery chains--complaining about a 5 cents discrepancy in the price, writing checks, digging through their purse, pockets, and trunk of their car for change, buying about 8329 items, and buying cigarettes to where the cashier has to leave the station to go get them, further slowing things down.

11) People who hold up check-out lines in convenience stores from buying lottery tickets.

12) Address numbers in town that are too small to read without practically getting out of your car and using a NASA-powered telescope. The numbers should be so large even people who wear thick glasses can easily see them, without even slowing down.

13) Crazy weather behaviors--"Indian summers" and especially "Blackberry winters." To me, the 4 seasons shouldn't "cross contaminate," there should NEVER be, say, an ice storm in southern FL, and never a 100 degree day in Montana. Most of all, spring should not keep having "winter flashbacks" (Blackberry winter), once winter is over, it should be OVER FOR GOOD period.

Last edited by shyguylh; 11-26-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 02:06 PM

6,493 posts, read 6,703,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
People who put their dogs in strollers!! Ugh, why do pet strollers even exist? Aren't dogs supposed to walk and get exercise!

You will not believe how many pet owners in NYC walk around with their dogs in strollers. It's so bizarre! Let the pet walk, it is good for them!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
I highly doubt all of the dogs I've seen in strollers are crippled. They are the little teeny dogs that have little dresses (which are equally ridiculous!) and they are mostly used for show by their owner, not for practicality/functionality reasons.

TBH, I find it very sad . I always think to myself is this their way of that person having a child without having an actual child? Do they just need to feel that maternal instinct or something? I can understand when walking for long times maybe dogs get tired. Several women have purses or carriers for them. But a full blown stroller?

Sorry, but that is ridiculous borderline a little crazy IMO.
I've actually never seen a dog in a stroller. But actually, even though I agree it would look silly, it would be a good way for me to take my dog (11 pound Maltese) out on my neighborhood walks. She certainly can't walk the 3 miles that I like to do, and it gets uncomfortable carrying her very far (I've had to carry her home sometimes when she has pooped out on one of our relatively short walks).

I assure you I do not and will not put my dog in a dress , nor is she a way for me to have a child without having a child (I paid my dues; I raised three human males).

Thanks for planting the idea of how I can take Lily on my walks!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:35 PM

917 posts, read 1,386,982 times
People who order for the whole office at the drive thru window. I mean.. just go inside!! Lol Drives me crazy when I am ordering just for me and I see the person in front of me reading off a bunch of orders.. seriously.. go inside…

Old 11-26-2014, 02:39 PM

917 posts, read 1,386,982 times
Just thought of another one.. Parents who dont control their kids at restaurants and stores... Ive heard of restaurants who dont allow kids and I salute them.. Sometimes, you want to enjoy a nice dinner without a screaming child or a child running all over the place while the parents are oblivious to whats going on...

Old 11-26-2014, 04:31 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,211,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
Yeah. What the heck is that about?
Its just people who smoke but don't want to admit it. I mean you either smoke or you don't.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:34 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,211,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
1) A driver pulling out in front of you from a side street and driving below the speed limit. I can honestly say that, when I hear of stories of "road rage," my response is "well if the person was mad about that, I don't regard them as the criminal. The person who pulled out in front of them got what they had coming to them and maybe they'll think twice about pulling that crap again."

2) Excessive road construction.

3) Funeral processions and "rubber neckers." I don't know who died, what do I care? I can always go to the actual funeral to show my compassion. The same goes for someone who wrecked, the police are on their way, what good can I do?

4) Drivers taking too long to go when the light is green. I've actually gotten out of my car and yelled "would you move your ducking gas?" (Yes, they moved.)

5) Driving in the left lane beside someone in the right lane, what people call "driving slow in the fast lane." With respect to road rage and how I see it, see #1 above.

Okay, basically ANYTHING that slows down traffic. I may not be in a big hurry, but I despise getting stuck behind people.

5) People who gripe about cell phone usage, even though they have one, but someone crashing while eating or making other loud noises not due to a cell phone, or goofing around at work using something besides a phone--that's all fine and dandy.

6) People who think answering their phone is optional, even if they're not at work, eating, or having a date-night etc. Yes, I think you're a hypocrite to say you own a cell phone to be able to get a hold of someone, but then you consider it annoying that someone can get a hold of you. If you hate it, then stop using your cell phone to call anyone either. It goes both ways.

7) Barking dogs. What I said about road rage in #1 and #5 also applies here with respect to stories about people shooting their neighbor's dog--hold the dog OWNER responsible for the animal cruelty. And yes, even if it hasn't come to that, people with yapping yorkies and such who do nothing about it should be put in jail for disturbing the peace.

8) People waxing on and on about how their dog is better than a human because it doesn't judge. To me, that means the person wants to live a Hugh Hefner hedonistic sort of life and have no one tell them it's amoral, and choose an animal because it's too stupid to know any better and can't talk back. The same goes for cats, too, you just don't hear as much about it.

9) Smartphones aggravating you to update, with no easy way to turn that off or to roll it back to the previous firmware if you decide you don't like it--and the forums giving instructions that are way too technical with respect to the "rooting" required to fix that.

10) People that hold up check-out lines at dollar stores and grocery chains--complaining about a 5 cents discrepancy in the price, writing checks, digging through their purse, pockets, and trunk of their car for change, buying about 8329 items, and buying cigarettes to where the cashier has to leave the station to go get them, further slowing things down.

11) People who hold up check-out lines in convenience stores from buying lottery tickets.

12) Address numbers in town that are too small to read without practically getting out of your car and using a NASA-powered telescope. The numbers should be so large even people who wear thick glasses can easily see them, without even slowing down.

13) Crazy weather behaviors--"Indian summers" and especially "Blackberry winters." To me, the 4 seasons shouldn't "cross contaminate," there should NEVER be, say, an ice storm in southern FL, and never a 100 degree day in Montana. Most of all, spring should not keep having "winter flashbacks" (Blackberry winter), once winter is over, it should be OVER FOR GOOD period.
I agree. In the UK the road companies seem to just dig up roads over and over again instead of widening roads or adding new lanes. Don't understand it.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Its just people who smoke but don't want to admit it. I mean you either smoke or you don't.
Well, it's been my experience that people either:

1) Smoke regularly
2) Never smoke, or
3) Socially smoke

I know many people who simply don't smoke, sometimes for weeks or even months, but who will smoke on occasion if they're sitting around drinking.

Why does it bother you? I mean apart from the obvious - the smoke. Why does it bother you that they occasionally smoke?

Old 11-26-2014, 04:44 PM

28,972 posts, read 30,343,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
1. people who don't move out of the way for emergency vehicles
2. people who turn out from a side road in front of you and creep along well under the speed limit, when there was no one behind you and they could have waited for you to pass
3. people who never clean toothpaste spit off of their bathroom faucets
spending a lot of time in people's bathrooms, ehhhhh?

just kidding

Old 11-26-2014, 06:02 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,763,859 times
people who talk on their phones or text while driving

contractors/landscapers that advertise all over the place then never return calls, or say they are going to come by to give you an estimate then never do, or agree to do a job and then take forever to start.

people who don't like animals. maybe that is not really a pet peeve.

impatient people at the check out lines who start getting rude. people who are rude to service workers (waiters, cashiers, etc).

Last edited by ashleynj; 11-26-2014 at 06:10 PM..

Old 11-26-2014, 08:47 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,338,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I HATE bad customer service.
Oh yeah. And for me it's having to call a company--won't mention names but their initials are A-T-T--and I have to go through about 47 menu options before I can get a live human being to speak to. By the time the poor person gets me on the phone, I'm practically screaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships