Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 08:52 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,331,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
contractors/landscapers that advertise all over the place then never return calls,
I know!! What THE F is with that? Do you know how much dirt, stones and rock I've hauled because I'd rather break my back than try to get a landscaper to call me back? A LOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 09:08 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,331,964 times
Okay, I started reading this thread thinking I don't have very many peeves. But after going through 7 pages of responses, I realize I have a lot more than I thought! LOL

Double-yes on barking dogs and hyper children!!

Old 11-26-2014, 09:25 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,345,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
People who don't give the "thank you wave" when you let them into traffic.

I make a point to smile, wave, and say "You're Welcome".
If I'm coming out of a side road, and someone flashes their lights for me to proceed, they may not see me wave from their POV, but I will tap my horn as a "Thank You" gesture.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,525 times
People who say- "That is wrong on so many levels-" has anyone actually detailed the "levels" ?

Standing in line behind someone who is not prepared to pay with credit card or cash in hand- after they hear the total THEN they reach in their back pocket and S....L.....O.......W....L....Y... take out their wallet and then S........l....o....w....l....y... take out their credit card or cash- and if someone tries to write a check I will simply kill myself .

Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,912,457 times
1. People who drive too slow. The speed limit is too slow in most locations.

2. People who go into personal attack mode on City-Data instead of just disagreeing.

3. People who are ruled by their emotions instead of by rationality and objective considerations.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:05 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,519 times
It also gets my goat when a grown person lets their 5 yr old answer THEIR cell phone...If I would have wanted to talk to the kid..I would have called theirs...

Old 11-27-2014, 07:36 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
1. People who insist on communicating solely by text message. Sometimes a text message just isn't appropriate.
2. People who don't return phone calls.
3. Perpetually late/absent people.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:40 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,207,113 times
1. People staring at me when i'm working

Old 11-27-2014, 10:29 AM

836 posts, read 1,032,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I've actually never seen a dog in a stroller. But actually, even though I agree it would look silly, it would be a good way for me to take my dog (11 pound Maltese) out on my neighborhood walks. She certainly can't walk the 3 miles that I like to do, and it gets uncomfortable carrying her very far (I've had to carry her home sometimes when she has pooped out on one of our relatively short walks).

I assure you I do not and will not put my dog in a dress , nor is she a way for me to have a child without having a child (I paid my dues; I raised three human males).

Thanks for planting the idea of how I can take Lily on my walks!
Ha hey whatever floats your boat!

Old 11-27-2014, 10:47 AM

84 posts, read 100,240 times
1. Spam phone callers using auto-dialer software. It's bad enough that you're intruding on my day and wasting my time in the first place (especially when I'm on the National Do Not Call List), but now you're going to make me wait for you to come on the line when YOU'RE the one who called ME? That's just adding insult to injury. I'll give you about 1-1/2 seconds to start talking, and if I hear nothing in that time, I'm hanging up.

2. You inconsiderate drivers with your heads securely planted in some warm, dark orifice - to the point where you don't seem to realize that there's anyone else on the road who needs to be somewhere and that you're preventing them from getting on with their day
. This is especially annoying at stop lights, when the light turns green and you've got some idiot letting 5 car lengths get between them and the car ahead of them before they even start moving. Or, when you're coming up to a red stop light and you need to get in the left turn lane, but the driver in the car in front of you is going straight, and stops with the same 5 car lengths between them and the car in front of them, effectively preventing you from getting in the left turn lane before a green arrow turns red. My philosophy? Drive it or park it - you can't have it both ways!

3. Drama queens who think the universe revolves around them, or that it should. You know what? It doesn't. Those of us who already have a life are sick of your self-centered, self-entitled, time-wasting, energy-sucking nonsense. Do the world a favor - get over yourself and get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships