Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:01 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,594,417 times

Advertisements

I have managed to weed most of the gullible from my FB friends. But in the past two weeks I've seen a story about how Congress is going to sell Cherokee land to a foreign country. Partly true but very inaccurate as far as what is happening and who currently owns the land. And another about how Chipotle has been caught using dog and cat meat in their food. Complete fabrication.

And then there are the animal rights people who post about a beagle that was "rescued" from a research facility and had never been outdoors in its life. The dog was in research for al of 2 days and the research was for a vet student to learn some physiology that required nothing more invasive than receiving his vaccinations and a microchip as well as being neutered before being placed for adoption to the "rescuer" who falsified her application.

Or the photograph of dozens of cats on tables being called a medical research torture lab. The photo was actually taken of a large capture and release, spay/neuter, operation meant to control feral cat overpopulation in a certain city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 02:21 AM

9,015 posts, read 13,859,350 times
Why use Facebook when you can literally see this crap on CD,esp the Fitness and Health section?

For example,the things said about artificial sugars(Splenda,Equal) and diet sodas are false.

Proven false,but yet some on CD persists that diet sodas are evil.

I say have at it,but i have not seen ANY credible research yet about the correlation of diet sodas and cancer,diabetes,and headaches.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:44 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,405,952 times
I think these days I'd take ludicrous myths over photos of dogs who've been maimed by abusive owners, or deer hunting folks putting up pictures of half-skinnned kills.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,216,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
One of my favorites is the supposed "verse in the Koran" about killing the eagle or something like that. They always give the chapter and verse. The thing is - there's nothing in that chapter or verse about an eagle or anything that could possibly be the US.
I haven't seen that. But it sounds like the nutty stuff people send in mass emails to their friends, who probably groan every time they see the thing hit the inbox.

Like you I have a private FB account, consisting only of friends and family.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:51 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,216,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
"But The Onion said..."
Snicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships