Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 03:34 PM

24,152 posts, read 32,653,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlashlasa View Post
This is because they asked to switch rooms the second night at a hotel (new hotel) am so upset, I went on this church trip and it seemed like the whole time I was there people were trying to avoid me and exclude me. They moved when I would sit next to them or they would choose other spots over the one next to me. They also took pictures and tried to move their heads to block me out of the picture and when I saw a picture on FB of a group of people sitting eating lunch and I had been cut off except for my hand. Like they cut me out of the picture. Also I was in a room one night with one group of people but then because of a room mixup where we were double booked in our hotel, we had to switch rooms around. I was the only one out of my room asked to go to another room. Why me?? Do they think Im a lesbian? How on earth would I go about finding out if they think this?

They sound cliquey. If I were you, I'd go church shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 03:43 PM

24,152 posts, read 32,653,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I would skip the church thing altogether because if you are perceived as a lesbian at one church you most likely will be at another. You don't have any butch looking tats, piercings, wear black T's or cuss a lot do ya? Do you wear rainbow colored clothes and discuss sexuality? Maybe wear a Joan Jett hairdo?

People pick up on things.

Wait. There are some churches - MightyQueen mentioned one of them - The Protestant Episcopal Church (I have an ancestor who was a rector) that do not care.

Here are a few others you may want to look at - The United Church of Christ, The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, The Evangelical Lutheran Church, The Disciples of Christ, The Presbyterian Church USA.

Although the church has not formally accepted an open and accepting doctrine - out side of some country churches and deep south congregations, most United Methodists would not be trying to figure out your sexual orientation.

Leave these judgmental fools.

And for those of you who think all Christians are homophobes - you are wrong.

PS - I think Joan Jett has a great look.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:47 PM

28,712 posts, read 18,920,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Wait. There are some churches - MightyQueen mentioned one of them - The Protestant Episcopal Church (I have an ancestor who was a rector) that do not care.

Here are a few others you may want to look at - The United Church of Christ, The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, The Evangelical Lutheran Church, The Disciples of Christ, The Presbyterian Church USA.

Although the church has not formally accepted an open and accepting doctrine - out side of some country churches and deep south congregations, most United Methodists would not be trying to figure out your sexual orientation.

Leave these judgmental fools.

And for those of you who think all Christians are homophobes - you are wrong.

PS - I think Joan Jett has a great look.

What evidence is there that supposed-lesbianism has anything to do with the issue at all? I haven't seen it in this thread.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:10 PM

828 posts, read 912,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I've been of the opinion for a while that the forum pays people to come and post crazy stories to keep the conversations flowing. I'm thinking of applying.

To the OP or anyone actually in the position of being shunned by a group:

Why not just ask them? "Hey guys, did I do something to offend someone? Sorry if I did."

People are so afraid to just communicate.
Well, I think city-data should not allow people to just open an account and start posting like this. They should establish themselves first. After a certain amount of postings, they can post their "not fake" stories for us to take the time and effort to help them. People should not post fake stories for their own entertainment or for the benefit of city-data.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,258,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Well, I think city-data should not allow people to just open an account and start posting like this. They should establish themselves first. After a certain amount of postings, they can post their "not fake" stories for us to take the time and effort to help them. People should not post fake stories for their own entertainment or for the benefit of city-data.
... or come back with new names after they get booted. It would be nice if you were required to comment a few times before starting a new thread.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,258,765 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...d-wedding.html

Old 08-22-2015, 09:34 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,948,379 times
…or you could have sex with a girl. Most of the people i know, men and women alike, really recommend it. That would solve your problem.

(kidding)

Old 08-22-2015, 10:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,921,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The "mean girls" issue is an endemic problem in America, so endemic that churches tend not even to recognize it.

They seem to recognize lesbians.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:40 PM

28,712 posts, read 18,920,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
They seem to recognize lesbians.
It's becoming clear that the OP is a ruse.

But to the point of my post, lesbianism is certainly not as ingrained into American teenage girl society as the "mean girl" phenomenon is.

Do you have a relationship with the ziggurat at Ur?

Old 08-22-2015, 11:09 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,459,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlashlasa View Post
This is because they asked to switch rooms the second night at a hotel (new hotel) am so upset, I went on this church trip and it seemed like the whole time I was there people were trying to avoid me and exclude me. They moved when I would sit next to them or they would choose other spots over the one next to me. They also took pictures and tried to move their heads to block me out of the picture and when I saw a picture on FB of a group of people sitting eating lunch and I had been cut off except for my hand. Like they cut me out of the picture. Also I was in a room one night with one group of people but then because of a room mixup where we were double booked in our hotel, we had to switch rooms around. I was the only one out of my room asked to go to another room. Why me?? Do they think Im a lesbian? How on earth would I go about finding out if they think this?
Sounds like your church friends aren't being very Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships