Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 07:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,263,982 times

Advertisements

You talk everyday, but it never came up in conversation that he was going out of state Wednesday to a wedding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 08:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,808,859 times
Are you in a relationship? It sounds as if you're friends and you want to be more. He doesn't. My friends don't tell me where and when they are going all the time. I think you have unrealistic expectations.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:34 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,362,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
This is a habit of his Ive noticed.

Yesterday, he told me that he's out of state at a wedding and has been since Wednesday, so he hasnt been available as much. I said that he should have told me. His response was "I just did". Yeah, after the fact. I didnt want to be argumentative or make a fuss because I already made a big deal about that before, that I dont like when he doesnt tell me important things until after the fact. Things I see as important that he should tell me about, he doesnt see as important. When he does tell me, its because I ask and is after the fact.

He was trying to reach me since Thursday, but that was past my bedtime (usually 930/10pm), never did he mention hes away. I responded to him Friday that hes only been available after my bedtime. If I had known he was traveling and at an important family event, his cousin's wedding, then I wouldnt have been left to speculate on why he was unavailable.

And hes stubborn.

Why are we even friends if hes not telling me whats going on in his life, and then doesnt think that he should?
Uh, wait, ok, so this guy is a FRIEND? And you are getting this worked up over this?

Old 08-31-2015, 04:19 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,651,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
What kind of person considers themself to be in a relationship, but blows off contact made 'after bedtime'?
The kind that has a job. I didnt "blow it off," he knows by what time Im in bed. In none of the messages he left me on thursday and friday night way after 11pm did he say he was gone so whats the compelling reason to stay up waiting to talk to a guy who, as far as I knew at the time, didnt want to actually spend time with me? This is why its better if Id known. He disappeared and didnt like me anymore as far as I knew, because I was left unknown and to speculate why he was unavailable.

If I had known he was going to be only available that time of night (usually we talk earlier in the evening and during lunch) due to traveling and a major family event, Id had made effort to stay up later.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
You talk everyday, but it never came up in conversation that he was going out of state Wednesday to a wedding?
Nope. We had talked on Tuesday and not one word about it or traveling at all, nothing of it until Saturday.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Are you in a relationship? It sounds as if you're friends and you want to be more. He doesn't. My friends don't tell me where and when they are going all the time. I think you have unrealistic expectations.
Not according to CD, apparently, but yes we are and hes the one that jumped to relationship first when I still considered us to be friends.

I dont need to know his whereabouts at all times and he doesnt need to know mine. But I think its a big deal to not slip me a note, a pigeon, smoke signal, something, saying "oh yeah Im going for a 12 hour drive to this other state for my cousin's wedding for the next 5 days," especially when we talk every day and its never so much as uttered. I mean wtf. Its bothering me.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 AM

6,586 posts, read 8,455,720 times
It is common for a couple in a relationship to attend family weddings together. Perhaps he thought if he had mentioned it beforehand, you would have been miffed that you weren't invited to attend as his date.

Being in a relationship means different things to different people. However, the two people who are in the relationship should be on the same page with what that relationship entails. From reading some of your other posts about this guy, y'all aren't on the same page. You may even be in a different book.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:12 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,480,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Why are we even friends if hes not telling me whats going on in his life, and then doesnt think that he should?
Only you can change that situation. If you don't like how you are being treated, walk away.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:02 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,812,678 times
This is a fantasy/imaginary relationship.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:29 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,082,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Perhaps he thought if he had mentioned it beforehand, you would have been miffed that you weren't invited to attend as his date.
This was my thought as well. If its a new relationship, he's probably not ready to have you meet his entire extended family. Instead of having you get upset about not being his date, he simply decided to not mention it.

The OP thought the guy didn't like her anymore because they went two days without talking (even though he did call and leave messages). So yeah, he probably wanted wanted to just avoid having an argument over it and having to reassure OP that she is liked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships