Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 12:48 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,171,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota nice View Post

But back to this, I am not sure if I can consider her a friend again but maybe a good acquaintance.
Someone above raised an issue between [b]honesty > = < Loyalty?
Which is more important? I don't know.
Seriously? You don't know? Honesty is more important than loyalty. I'd rather have a honest friend than a lying loyal friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:33 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota nice View Post

I try to be more understanding of American people and the way people do things here because there are some major differences in the way people treat each other here. People sometimes mistreat each other but after that, they can still be friends after apologizing. That's not something you'd do back home because the society where I originate from, we hold grudges for much longer. As a result, I usually give American people the benefit of the doubt. I am still adjusting to the cultural differences.
You must be missing most of the posts that don't agree with me.

There are PLENTY of people in this lovely country who will hold grudges FOREVER. I would not call forgiveness an aspect of the American culture---it's highly individualistic here.

I am speaking from the point of view that I KNOW there have been times where I have not been the best friend or person. But I am also speaking as a person who learned that in retrospect---I never intentionally tried to hurt my friends but many times I had a disconnect with people socially, that caused me to say and do some stupid things. People had to point things out to me because of that social deficiency---I was blatantly unaware. Live and learn.

And there are definitely people I wouldn't forgive based on what they have done. But you have to do something awful---I'm not talking petty, BS nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships