Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 04:50 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,183,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
If you want to get involved the only effective way to do so is talk to the Chiro imo and get the other side of the story. If they did something shady they will probably lie to you. They may say they cant discussit whether it was shady or not. Either way you will then be left to judge for yourself who is telling the truth or if its some kind of muddled communication betwee the parties.
Exactly. The issue here is that the chiropractic office almost certainly won't tell you the truth if you ask them what happened. So, what's the point of investigating this further?!

OP, here's my take on this - if the intern is telling you the truth, both parties are in the wrong here:

The intern shouldn't have mentioned this to you, because what are you going to do about it?! Get his job back?! Does he want money from you?! It sounded like he wanted something from you.

And, if the chiropractic office told him they fired him because of something you said, they're in the wrong too - because that seems to be a lie they were making up to think of an excuse to fire him. I.e., they were using you as an excuse.

So, both parties are in the wrong, and you were caught in the middle. I see it happen all of the time, and it's terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 05:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 941,630 times
I would have considered myself way involved in the situation because of a report that my name was used in a lie to get someone fired. To me that's no small thing and whether true or not, that report would have to be addressed. I would have sent an email to whoever handles hiring, and cc'd the chiropractor and the assistant. In the email I wouldn't have asked even one question re how or why the assistant was let go (if he in fact was). I would've just cleared up unequivocally my part or lack of a part in any event involving him which could have resulted in a termination of his employment. I would've stated I have no complaints about the assistant's performance and have never communicated any. Then I'd do no more business with that office.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:16 PM

7,684 posts, read 1,277,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I think the intern was very polite to greet you at the convenience store. He was polite and he had two jobs. Sounds like a great member to society to me. Most young kids would be too lazy to work so much and would look away when they see you. He sounds ambitious and hard working.

I would send a letter to the chiropractician and complain.
^^^^
THIS--BUT....

I wouldn't be accusatory in the letter. Frame it in the context on an "unfortunate misunderstanding." Just state the facts as you know them. This way it gets your concerns off your chest and you can let it go.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:24 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,382,612 times
Yelp 'em! That was messed up and they're the ones that cost them a customer!

Old 12-17-2015, 05:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,226,564 times
How does the OP "know" that his/her interaction with the intern actually had ANYTHING to do with why the intern no longer works at the chiropractor's office???????? Just because this intern, who the OP barely knows, said this? This hearsay is enough for the OP to pass judgment on the chiropractor's office and staff and become accusatory?????

So few people on this thread seem to even have the slightest amount of skepticism about the intern's story. That really surprises me.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:55 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,190,932 times
If the person who got "let go" was really an intern, then possibly (most likely) it was an internship through a school program. I know someone who runs internships for a Medical Assistant program, and I have heard a lot about it through her. IF the person was an intern through a school program and had been placed in the chiro's office by an internship coordinator, then I am guessing that the intern was then found a new place to complete the internship by the school.

This is just a guess, but on the other hand, what I see in most of the rest of the thread is guessing as well.

I also heard from my friend the internship coordinator that there is A LOT of dishonesty going on, mostly with the students lying about something or other, but also sometimes the office managers are not much better than the students. If the intern is in one of these low-end programs for medical assistant or chiropractic assistant, then that could indicate there are problems the OP should steer completely clear of.

IMO, if I were the OP, I would drop it. There's no good way to know the truth, so why subject yourself to being put in the middle?

Old 12-17-2015, 09:07 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,470,664 times
Its hard to say, because none of us heard what the fired employee said to OP. We didn't get to see his body language, demeanor, etc. It doesn't sound like he was confrontational. If he was going to lie why wouldnt he just say something like the job wasn't working out for him or he found something better. What does he get out of lying about the OP being mentioned as the reason he was fired.

I think I would have to say something to the Chiropracter him/herself. I wouldn't bother with the office staff.

First, if there was something shady on the office staff's part the owner of the business should know if they don't.

I think it would be interesting to know how old the Chiro and the staff are. Here's the thing.....lots of people are not good at firing people especially if they don't have much experience at it. Its not unusual for people to give give stupid reasons, say stupid things or even make things up to people they are firing, esp in smaller setting where there may not be an HR person or a legal staff.

I would be livid if someone used my name to fire someone even if I complained. Sure, if you get into it with a business and then someone gets fired they may know. But, I don't want some disgruntled employee showing up at my doorstep with guns ablazing. If I didn't complain, I would be even more angry. I realize its far fetched, but in a way they put OP at risk.

OP should at least discuss with them and depending on the result, at least make sure they know if they did use her name to fire someone it was stupid and maybe they will learn something for the future.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:17 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,183,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
How does the OP "know" that his/her interaction with the intern actually had ANYTHING to do with why the intern no longer works at the chiropractor's office???????? Just because this intern, who the OP barely knows, said this? This hearsay is enough for the OP to pass judgment on the chiropractor's office and staff and become accusatory?????

So few people on this thread seem to even have the slightest amount of skepticism about the intern's story. That really surprises me.
Well, I've had personal dealings with several chiropractic offices & found some of them quite dishonest. That being said, I see what you mean about being skeptical about the intern's story. Which is why I would stay out of this completely - if it were me. Nothing good can come of trying to investigate this further, and, as was said, the OP probably wouldn't get the truth from the office anyway.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:15 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,953,826 times
Forget the confrontation and move on. It isn't going to accomplish anything, and you're just going to a lot of bother and will get upset.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:48 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,586,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I would be livid if someone used my name to fire someone even if I complained. Sure, if you get into it with a business and then someone gets fired they may know. But, I don't want some disgruntled employee showing up at my doorstep with guns ablazing. If I didn't complain, I would be even more angry. I realize its far fetched, but in a way they put OP at risk.

I know! As it is, if I HAD complained about the guy, I wouldn't expect them to name drop, but for them to do it when I had NOT complained is all the worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships