Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 02:55 PM

51,083 posts, read 36,780,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY THE GUY WAS FIRED. I wouldn't waylay into anyone till I got both sides of the story - that is, if I decided to get involved at all.
They may not know he was moonlighting. For all we know, he called out from the chiro job that day and OP accidentally spilled the beans when she mentioned she saw him at his other job that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 03:47 PM

469 posts, read 399,725 times
If he is in an intern program, this firing may have had a really bad impact on his educational goals. For this reason I would want to set the record straight. Not many kids today would be working two jobs to support themselves while going to school. Not to mention being polite enough to greet you when he could have acted like he didn't know who you were.

For these reasons I'd do what I could to help him out and set the record straight. It may be that a letter to his school program manager, stating that he was not fired for anything the OP said, would be of value.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:51 PM

912 posts, read 918,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgryfon View Post
If he is in an intern program, this firing may have had a really bad impact on his educational goals. For this reason I would want to set the record straight. Not many kids today would be working two jobs to support themselves while going to school. Not to mention being polite enough to greet you when he could have acted like he didn't know who you were.

For these reasons I'd do what I could to help him out and set the record straight.
It may be that a letter to his school program manager, stating that he was not fired for anything the OP said, would be of value.
Agreed. Glad someone else is thoughtful around here.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:52 PM

912 posts, read 918,553 times
Quote:
How does the OP "know" that his/her interaction with the intern actually had ANYTHING to do with why the intern no longer works at the chiropractor's office???????? Just because this intern, who the OP barely knows, said this? This hearsay is enough for the OP to pass judgment on the chiropractor's office and staff and become accusatory?????

So few people on this thread seem to even have the slightest amount of skepticism about the intern's story. That really surprises me.
You and me both! Glad some adult reasoning is coming onto this thread.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:07 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,182,916 times
Again, something shady/sketchy is going on here. Whether it's the company that's shady - or the intern - or both, it doesn't make any difference. This is a situation I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole...

Old 12-18-2015, 06:25 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,182,624 times
Quote:
So few people on this thread seem to even have the slightest amount of skepticism about the intern's story. That really surprises me.
I am skeptical. From my friend I mentioned above who runs a similar internship program for low-level (and poorly paid, if they are actually hired after the internship) medical office positions, I have heard about how many of the students will lie up and down about things that my friend then has to get to the bottom of. She has thrown students off of internship sites, but unless it's for something criminal like stealing, the school's policy is that they get to go to a replacement site.

Not knowing the OP, the chiropractor or the student intern, I would have to say that it would pay to be skeptical of the intern's story. It's just common sense to have skepticism and not take the intern's story at face value.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:54 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,182,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I am skeptical. From my friend I mentioned above who runs a similar internship program for low-level (and poorly paid, if they are actually hired after the internship) medical office positions, I have heard about how many of the students will lie up and down about things that my friend then has to get to the bottom of. She has thrown students off of internship sites, but unless it's for something criminal like stealing, the school's policy is that they get to go to a replacement site.

Not knowing the OP, the chiropractor or the student intern, I would have to say that it would pay to be skeptical of the intern's story. It's just common sense to have skepticism and not take the intern's story at face value.
Correct. This could be a simple case of the intern being fired for something that has nothing to do with the OP, and just B.S.'ing the OP to make himself feel better, to maybe get some $ from the OP, etc. No way to tell for sure.

That being said, based on my personal experience with chiropractic offices many of them are dishonest, so who knows?! I doubt the OP will ever find out the full, true story - so why bother? It's not the OP's fault that his happened, no matter what the intern says....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships