Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 10:17 AM

416 posts, read 589,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If you're adult enough to work at a fire station, you're adult enough to be open with your parents.
This. This times 1000.

Assuming you're not trolling (because I find the scenario you're giving to be completely off the wall), it's time to grow up and get out of the house. You're a firefighter; you can at least afford an apartment.

Man up and tell them. Get your surgery done and get back in the groove, and get your butt out of there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 12:32 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,643,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Grow a set and hide nothing!

You were injured

Pain is whatever you say it is

They cant feel your pain

You need surgery

Who cares what anyone else thinks?
This is the only post the OP really needs to read. That's all of it, right there.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:42 PM

1,038 posts, read 904,308 times
Well 4 pages in and OP hasn't been back

he hasn't told us how he's hiding the existing pain or original injury from his parents

Old 01-19-2016, 01:14 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,338,205 times
This doesn't make any sense. There's more to this than we're being told.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:20 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,462,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ44 View Post
Hi,
So I'm having knee surgery soon and I need to hide it from my parents. I still live at home. I fell at my fire station and I have completely destroyed my meniscus. My parents think that I'm being dramatic and currently don't know that I'm having surgery. I'm in a lot of pain. They are going out of town for a week in early February so I was thinking of having the procedure then.

I guess I'm looking for any tips on how to do this? I feel horrible keeping this from them but it's my only option. It would be absolutely ridiculous if I told them, not to mention making my recovery harder. Please help?!

PS: my surgeon said complete recovery time is two to six weeks, however I'll be up and on my feet within the first week and back to driving shortly after.

Thank you!!

Sit down and talk to them. Show them the doctor's office note stayng that you need surgery. Then they will know you are not "being dramatic". Why is it your only option to not tell them. You fell, at work, evidently. The exact same thing happens to lots of people at work, or at home, without any fault on their part. I don't understand why you can't tell them. Why would it be "absolutely ridiculous"? With the information from the doctor, they should understand what's going on. Even a partial meniscus tear can be painful.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:37 PM

17,628 posts, read 13,415,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Sit down and talk to them. Show them the doctor's office note stayng that you need surgery. Then they will know you are not "being dramatic". Why is it your only option to not tell them. You fell, at work, evidently. The exact same thing happens to lots of people at work, or at home, without any fault on their part. I don't understand why you can't tell them. Why would it be "absolutely ridiculous"? With the information from the doctor, they should understand what's going on. Even a partial meniscus tear can be painful.
Why? OP is an adult or adulteress, why does he or she have to explain anything?

For that matter, why is an adult or adulteress fire person still living with mommy and daddy?

Old 01-19-2016, 01:38 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,604,341 times
There is probably A LOT more to this story that none of us know about because this just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:39 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,604,341 times
Quote:

For that matter, why is an adult or adulteress fire person still living with mommy and daddy?
Errrmmm... wrong word there, buddy. Adulteress is a female adulterer... tooootally different.
There is no feminine form for adult. Grown up men and women are adults.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,048,455 times
Quote:

What in the OP makes you think the OP is an adulteress?

Old 01-19-2016, 01:54 PM

22,634 posts, read 47,774,587 times
Quote:

??? what does sex outside of marriage have to do with this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships