Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:45 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,413,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
I'm more concerned about your granddaughter. If both parents are on meth or even just the mother cps should be called.

We called CPS they left Granddaughter in our care. Thing is Case Worker was lying to everyone trying to get them to change their ways.

Girlfriend found out about this, came got Granddaughter we haven't seen her since.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 10:08 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,484,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
But he wants to stay with us when they are fighting.
Time for some tough love. Say no.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,656,708 times
How old is your son?

Old 08-23-2016, 10:27 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,278,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
We called CPS they left Granddaughter in our care. Thing is Case Worker was lying to everyone trying to get them to change their ways.

Girlfriend found out about this, came got Granddaughter we haven't seen her since.

brushrunner
This just doesn't make sense. Didn’t you call the police when this happened?

It seems like a big part of the story is missing. What happened between the wife and son for her to abandon him (or flee from him)?

Is your son using drugs? Meth can make users aggressive. Maybe that's why he got in your face?

My hunch is that he is using too.

I am sorry you are dealing with this.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:31 AM

26,100 posts, read 22,297,853 times
If CPS leaves a child in your care, you call 911 if someone comes to take that child out of your care. I hope OP has contacted CPS and told them that the child is no longer in her care!

The son, the wife and girlfriend need to be on their own with the only concern for the child. If necessary, I would get restraining orders against the whole bunch of them.

OP cannot help out other than to report to CPS and protect herself.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:35 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,812,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
This just doesn't make sense. Didn’t you call the police when this happened?

It seems like a big part of the store is missing. What happened between the wife and son for her to abandon him (or flee from him)?

Is your son using drugs? Meth can make users aggressive. Maybe that's why he got in your face?

My hunch is that he is using too.

I am sorry you are dealing with this.
Yes, makes no sense. The girlfriend on meth takes your granddaughter didn't you call the police???

I agree with willow wind as well. Don't let your son involve you in the drama. Be there for him if he needs to talk, but he can't stay with you, and don't give him money.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:08 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,120,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Brushrunner- your son is not a child. You can simply tell him that he cannot stay with you when he has fights with his girl friend.

Tell him it is upsetting to you, you don't want to be involved. Tell him he cannot make his problems your problems. Tell him you love him but that he will have to find another place to stay whenever he leaves.

Don't yell or fight, just be polite and firm and stand your ground. He can't take advantage of you unless you let him.
I agree with this 100%. I can't add anything to what's been said here. Except that if your son is also a meth head then absolutely do not help nor involve yourself in his drama. Do not be an enabler. That will only make everything worse.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:17 PM

666 posts, read 647,721 times
Your son is a grown adult, yes? He is 100% responsible for his own life and issues. She did not "have him thrown in jail", people are not jailed based simply on someone else's request. So wonder what he did and why, not focus on THAT not the evil harlot. He is the one who chosen a girlfriend while married pretty sure he wasn't forced into the affair. Your son have a lot of problem I am just trying to say that honing in on the female will not help.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,413,917 times
He is 33. His wife met another guy in Key West, took off with this other Guy. Her mind is mess up on Drugs, she is drawing Disability because of this.

CPS didn't give us Official Custody of our Granddaughter we didn't find this out until Girlfriend took off with Granddaughter and we called the Sheriff which told us Girlfriend had already talked with them.

Girlfriend and Son were fighting, Sheriff came out, Son was staying with us. Girlfriend calls Son asked him to come up to their place that his Daughter wanted to visit. He went there, Sheriff was waiting arrested him for violation of Restraining Order. Granddaughter was no where around.

Yes I would say our Son is on some Drugs too.

brushrunner

Old 08-23-2016, 01:47 PM

20,777 posts, read 20,076,039 times
So your son is on drugs. His wife is on drugs. His gf is on drugs.

Did I get that correctly?

If I was you, I would try to get custody of the poor child before it gets messed up even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships