Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had a mutual physical fight with a member of the opposite sex?
Yes 11 18.64%
Yes, but there was no ill will involved 5 8.47%
No 43 72.88%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times

Advertisements

I got this idea from another thread and a long-ago personal memory it jogged in me. I then searched inside and outside the forum, but all I found was focused on childhood and without a poll. I'm talking childhood and adulthood, and I've made a poll because some people might be embarrassed. [Drat, already messed up the poll, failing to distinguish between childhood and adult incidents]

"Mutual" means people deliberately physically aggressing against each other. Only mutual physical contact counts (not swinging and missing). Spitting and restraint don't count. Yes, domestic violence counts. Fighting with police counts. Planned boxing sparring counts.

Anyone is welcome to recount. If adult incidents, I'd like to know who got physical first, the outcome, and if substances or mental health problems were involved. Also, basically strangers or not? If any law enforcement people are around, I'm sure many wild stories could be shared.

Last edited by goodheathen; 12-01-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 11:46 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Is Don King looking for some new talent??

Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Had a scuffle in 5th grade after the local crazy girl (who outweighed me by a great deal) attacked me but it was not a planned contrast or real fight like what im reading here. We were kids and I never dealt with this as an adult.

The thread brings to mind the Thunderdome in Mad Max and Mortal Kombat to me with the way it was written at the end. I saw that tongue in cheek of course.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:33 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Had a scuffle in 5th grade after the local crazy girl (who outweighed me by a great deal) attacked me but it was not a planned contrast or real fight like what im reading here. We were kids and I never dealt with this as an adult.

The thread brings to mind the Thunderdome in Mad Max and Mortal Kombat to me with the way it was written at the end. I saw that tongue in cheek of course.
No adult incidents. My one story was like that, maybe even the same grade. The girl was a somewhat attractive blonde, though, and significantly smaller than me. I hardly knew her and don't think I even knew then why she was aggressing. At most, I pushed back. Nobody got hurt.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:43 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Not proud to say it, but growing up I had a couple of girls pick fights with me. Fleeing was not an option so I had to protect myself, hated being in the situation, but it was throw down or get put down.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:55 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I slapped a girl once (in her face) when I was around 22. It wasn't mutual though.

She was the gf of a guy in my circlye of friends. She complained that her cats misbehave and I said if she would feed them properly (she didn't) and clean their litterbox regularly (she didn't), the problem should be solved. She told me to shut up and that my two cats are fat and ugly. I slapped her in front of three other people.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:08 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Women are funny when it comes to getting in a mans face, the old days I think men showed more restraint when it came to hitting women. I think, IDK, just sayin. I was watching some youtube clip one time and this black woman was screaming at a bus driver and getting really threatening and in his face and he got up and punch her so hard that she literally about flew back a couple of feet, he gave her a nasty upper cut and she was knocked the hell out as they say, he threw her off the bus while she was unconscious, I bet she'll think twice about being that aggressive with a man again. I'm not for violence, but she was way way out of line. The bus driver I think got fired, this was a few years ago. You can't just go around getting into someone's face without expecting to get punched so hard you get knocked out. LOL

You can youtube "bus driver uppercut reaction" if you wanna see the gory details.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:22 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Not proud to say it, but growing up I had a couple of girls pick fights with me. Fleeing was not an option so I had to protect myself, hated being in the situation, but it was throw down or get put down.

I'm teaching my sons and daughters to defend themselves, need be, no matter if its a boy or a girl. You did the right thing as a kid. Bullies aren't determined by genitals. Feminist want equal rights, that means equal treatment. If a girl hits my son first and he ends up busting her lip, I ain't gonna punish him haha. Shouldn't have hit him.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:24 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Yeah. Got into it with a guy in middle school.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:29 PM

604 posts, read 618,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
... She complained that her cats misbehave and I said if she would feed them properly (she didn't) and clean their litterbox regularly (she didn't), the problem should be solved. She told me to shut up and that my two cats are fat and ugly. I slapped her in front of three other people.
Not a catfight, but a fight over cats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships